Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Prayer request
PostPosted:  

I am in a pretty desperate situation here, and very badly need to move away from my controlling monster of a landlord who has in the past pressured me to become a hooker, and by extension paying the rent that way. As long as I have lived here he has been aggressively trying to pry into my personal business and control my life. He's an absolute monster of a man with no morals at all, and not well thought of at all in these parts.

I live in my little trailer parked on his lot, which has an RV hookup, and I've been here over a year now, paying exorbitant rent that shocks my friends, and not being able to find another place to put my trailer, until perhaps now, and it might be that I will finally get away from this horrible man.

I have been doing work on the side for a woman who owns a horse farm, and she told me that she has a piece of land that has a trailer hookup on it, but it's leased to one of my neighbors, who would have to okay that.

I have prayed and prayed for a way to escape my horrible landlord and his endless harassment of me, and it might happen now. I should hear about it today.

So, I would ask for your prayers in this matter. I cannot believe the Father in Heaven would want me stuck here under this evil man's thumb any longer than I have to be. My hours at work have been cut to below subsistence level and I will not be able to pay the rent he wants on the first of the month.

The new place would be much cheaper, perhaps half as much, and I desperately need this to work out for me.

I would be most grateful for your prayers.

a.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Prayer request
PostPosted:  

You got 'em. Best of everything to you, Amy.

And peace in your heart and home
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

jak wrote:
You got 'em. Best of everything to you, Amy.

And peace in your heart and home
Jo

Thank you Jo, and God bless you!

a.

PostPosted:  

Dear Amy...Feel the Love of God, ask Jesus for Mercy and trust in the leading of the Holy Spirit to shine the light on your path to lead you out of this uncomfortable situation and then ACT...

and as my dear Mother, Rose, would say..."Don't take any crap from anybody"...

You go girl...

PostPosted:  

Thank you Tootsie! I have high hopes that things will work out in my favor, and I'll finally be able to get away from this monster. I have until the end of the month to tie down this new place to move my trailer, and I'll likely be offline for a bit until I can get my service moved there, but I'll be back.

a.

PostPosted:  

Come on back now...ya hear:~)

PostPosted:  

Hi Amy....I just came across one of my all time favorite quotes from the UB and thought of you...

34:7.8 Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, "This is the way."

It has comforted me many, many times...and I pray so for you...

PostPosted:  

Hi Amy...I am kind of new so we haven't met yet...so big howdy from up north. Hard stuff indeed. I hope you get the new place and all goes well from there. It is most unfortunate that you have had to endure this situation and I hope things pick up at work soon too. Reading about what your going through gives me all kinds of momma grizzly bear feelings if ya know what I mean. Praying for ya hard.

Blessings to ya O:)

PostPosted:  

You do know you have a legal case here, and if you had a tape recorder that got any thing he has said to you , you would have not trouble winning the case.

All that said i will and have kept you in my prayers.

PostPosted:  

Hey J,

Well I don't have a recording of him harassing me, and pressuring me to be a hooker, I don't have the means to get that, and he's careful to make sure there are no witnesses when he does things like that, which is why I just don't answer the door when he comes over here anymore.

I also have no lease, and it's month to month, so he has the upper hand there, he can evict me anytime he pleases. My hours at work were cut back so drastically that I could not afford the $350 a month rent in the RV park I was at, so I had no choice but to move here, and my landlord is an expert at exploiting women in that situation.

I've yet to hear back about moving to the new place, but I still have hope. It could happen any day now. I just pray it happens before the first of the month....

a.

PostPosted:  

If things get desperate i am sure some one here can help find a new resource for you. to move out and away. I can't see your friends if you tell them what is going on will not come to your aid..?

one should never allow them selves to be in a situation that is not harmonious to ones growth, you always have a choice. take the leap and move out and away. God is with you. so fear not.

PostPosted:  

Hey J,

Ya know, there's only so much my friends can do for me here, and a place to move my trailer is a hard thing to find here. My only real friends are other women, and they have very limited power and resources.

This is rural Alabama, and here I am socially and spiritually isolated. There are NO Urantia Book readers here. They are all Southern Baptists who are totally locked into their dogma, and who will not hear a word of the Urantia Book as they deem it the work of Satan.

As a single woman here I endure endless sexual harassment and isolation. Most will not have anything to do with me unless I get myself a man, and I DO NOT WANT A MAN!!!!!!

I most especially do not want a man of the sort available here, as they are all about booze, sports, drugs, and the obsessive pursuit of sex. Here men see women as servants and sexual toys who have no say in anything.

In the social strata of this place a single woman is at the very bottom of the social order. I cannot even walk my dog without a .45 on my hip, and I've had to pull it once already and order a horny creep off my property. He wisely complied.

That's my situation.

a.

PostPosted:  

Sounds to me it is time to move on, with or without your trailer, Jut move. i can't tell you how many city's in this country would be such a grand adventure for you to experience. you have nothing but the illusion of fear to stop you.

The Time is now to pack up and go. Blessing to you.

Colorado has a large U.B. community, and it truly is a Beautiful place to live.

PostPosted:  

Well excuse me J, but I have serious poverty to stop me. I make less than $400 a month, rent here is $200 a month, power is $65 a month, to $90 a month, food $160 a month, insulin and syringes $55 a month, diesel fuel $90 a month, internet $40 a month, etc. Do the math.

I do not have the means to move to a city, much less Colorado, which is horribly expensive anymore, and you and I are not at all in the same situation. You are not a woman and you are not dealing with my situation. Any place I could put my trailer near or in any city would cost me double or triple what I pay here, and I'm not about to leave a job I have for one I don't have.

Have you been following the jobs situation in this country at all over the last couple years? No one is hiring anywhere period. I've made a constant effort over the last two years to escape from here, and eight times it has fallen through on what seemed like rays of hope.

If you know of a job I can get that will pay me to relocate please do tell me about it. It should be one that pays enough to put my trailer in an RV park that charges between $375 and $600 a month, while providing me with enough to live on outside that expense. I will need 100 gallons of diesel fuel to get there on and get around on once there, plus accommodations and food upon arrival until I get a paycheck.

I've done my homework on this, exhaustively. I never stop looking for possible ways out of here, and quite frankly I'm rather tired of MEN telling me what to do as though they know everything and women just need to listen and obey them.

a.

PostPosted:  

Dear Amy,

I am so sorry to hear about your plight. I am going to pray that the Father gets you out of that situation. Even though it may seem hopeless, I know that things will turn the corner for you. I send my love and support.

Love,
Paul