Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

greetings to all -

It's been a long time since i've been on here. I have finally been diagnosed with an absorbtion disorder. Unfortunately it has taken a very long time to get this diagnosis, and my body is completely worn out. All my vit levels are severly low, and i'm taking liquid supplements to build myself back up. There could be many reason for the disorder, but we are hoping that mine is related mainly to scar tissue building up in the abdomen and blocking off the body's ability to absorb vitamins and nutrients from food I eat. I will be seeing 2 last surgeons, and then having surgery mid- feb.
I will have 3 surgeons working on me at the same time, their goal is to remove all that is causing problems, remove scar tissue, and placing organs etc.. back into their right place all while causing little damage as possible.
I have been warned that given my present physical state just going under will be taking a very big risk, and it will be a complicated surgery due to the damage i suffered from abuse as a very small child. As my doctor told me, surgery on me is risky because nothing is where it should be. Because my body has been starving for quite awhile it was breaking down my muscles etc.. for energy and has weakend the muscles surrounding my heart.
Recovery is an issue also, because having such low vitamin levels could impact my bodies ability to heal.

I've tried to give enough details without being to long - but i have been told by the surgeon all things put together this is going to be a very risky surgery, and he has been blunt that death is a possibility. But i have no other option in order to fix the problem.

I have 2 children ages 11 and 14 now. Though my soul is safe, I pray that Gods will for me is complete healing , so that i can be there for my children for a long time to come.

I ask that you pray for the Doctors who will be operating on me, that their hands will be calm and guided by God.
I ask that you pray for me, that my body will have the strength to endure from start to finish, and that recovery will be quick and without problems.
And i especially ask that you pray for my family - Shawn my husband, my daughter jamee 11 and my son zack 14-- that God will be with them , and my extended family.

Because there is so much going against this such as human weakness, doubt, fear, -- I believe by Gods hands is the only way it will go right.

I will post the exact date and time of surgery as soon as i know it. I myself have put it in Gods hands, and now i reach out to my brothers and sisters that have been there for me all the years , and to the many new people i'm sure have joined in my abscense for your prayers.

Any messages of encouragement, or anything that can help keep my faith strong would be greatly appreciated, as this is my ownly source of connection with other believers.

with much gratitude, and sincere thanks,

Many blessings

Angel ( Tamara Black )

The Urantia Book

'Laus Deo"

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Dear Tamara,

I will definitely pray for you. May your Father fragment and your destiny guardians surround you with their love and their care. And may they direct the hands of the surgeons so that you will experience a full recovery.

Love,
Paul

PostPosted:  

Yes, just reading your post put me in a state of prayer for your well-being, Angel, and I will continue to hold you in that prayerful state throughout this ordeal.

Thank you for your confiding trust. I understand when you say, "Because there is so much going against this such as human weakness, doubt, fear, -- I believe by Gods hands is the only way it will go right." I remind myself every day that I am not my body, but when my body betrays me, or wears me down, it is hard to remember to keep my mind from falling victim to weakness, doubt and fear. I always come around to the bottom line and that is: I am completely in God's hands. He will not let me fall, and certainly not without helping me back up. He wills for me to live!

It is my prayer that you live, Tamara Black, that you recover fully and flourish ... to the betterment of your family near and far. Even so, His will be done.

PostPosted:  

Tamara (angel)
I have often wondered how you were and am grateful that you have posted. I kept up with you shortly after I started reading the UB and then wandered onto this site, so even though we have never exchanged communications I feel that I know your spirit a little.

Just wanted to say....peace to your heart.
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

You are and have been in my prayers.
I'm glad the Doctors have come to some understanding as to the cause, I know some one that has Crones that was suffering the same inability to absorb nutrients.

Much love to you and your family

PostPosted:  

Hi Angel,

Nice to meet you O:) I am sorry you are experiencing such a challenge and I will definitely pray for you and your family. It is a tough one indeed. Some of the comforting things said to me during challenges were that God has been and always will be there for my family even if I have to leave, and that if I survive, I would be a winner because I get to enjoy this planet and my loved ones longer, but if I passed that I would also be a winner because I would be waking up on the Mansion world and would be seeing my family again soon.

Best pre-surgery prep....hugs and laughter with your family

Nutrient rich food like raw blueberries etc. put into smoothie form are a good prep too. Taking your vitamins with a form of highly digestable fat in a small amount to help deliver the nutrients really helps. Honey is a natural ant-ibacterial and excellent at knocking down nasty stuff inside us...tastes yummy too! Hope your results are fantastic!

Praying for ya with a fury O:)

Last edited by fishin'Mom on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Oh Angel....I am so happy to see your posting...I have thought and prayed for you so often. I am grateful that you now have a good diagnosis and can proceed with your healing...I know you will girl...you are so strong and know you are truly loved, not only by our heavenly Father but friends and family and us here at Truthbook. I will keep you in my heart and prayers for a positive outcome! Amen

Love and Aloha,
Tootsie

PostPosted:  

Many blessings to you all for your quick replies, and for your thoughts and prayers for me and my family.

I feel so much better knowing that others have gone to God in prayer on my behalf. I would always pray the Lords will be done in my life, but when my daughter asked me to promise i would be there for her graduation walk from elementary school - I have to say i prayed with all my might that I would be.

Thank you all so much

Angel O:)

The Urantia Book

'Laus Deo"

PostPosted:  

I will pray for you, Angel.

PostPosted:  

My surgery has been set for April 6th at 12 noon. I will have 3 surgeons. Dr. Sikes, Dr. Mann and Dr. Vaugn.

Angel

The Urantia Book

'Laus Deo"

PostPosted:  

Seems to me you deserve a full recovery, Angel. I'll pray for that.
May Dr. Sikes, Dr. Mann and Dr. Vaugn rise to the occasion of a full-blown miracle.

PostPosted:  

I sure do pray for you and your Dr's...Angel...and a full recovery...got it on my calendar and will be praying for you throughout the day...Aloha Sister...

PostPosted:  

Angel, you are such a trooper! I know that from all you've shared with us. You remind me of the "footprints in the sand" print; Jesus has been carrying you much of the time, and we both KNOW he will continue to hold you in his loving arms through this as well.
My prayers will continue to be with you.

Your Bro,

Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

PostPosted:  

Just another member who says YES! I'm praying with you, for you and your children.
--love, Jack--

132.0.4: " Never once did he even mention the flaws in thier teachings, he would select the truth in what they taught, illuminate this truth in thier minds, this effectively crowded out the associated error; . . . "

PostPosted:  

Yes Angel...just poppin' in...hope you are well... O:)

PS to Jack...I have replied to your questions under General Topic...