Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:48 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

This is Tramp Swan's partner. He's asked I login and let his friends here know what's happening. He had a heart attack yesterday but thanks to a quick response from our Fire Dept., was sparred from 'the big one'. Angiogram did however, indicate that he needs a quintuple bypass. We are in the hospital and hoping to have the surgery today. Please pray for him. I will log in again after surgery to keep you posted. Thank you for the friendship that you all show him.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I will certainly pray for Tramp Swan. May the God that dwells within all of us bring you to a speedy and healthy recovery. And may you guide the hands of the surgeons.

Love,
Paul

PostPosted:  

Brother Tramp, you and bro Joey are on my mind. I know that you are in the very best of Hands ...

PostPosted:  

Thank you so much for letting us know. Keep us up to date. And you keep calm...all is well, even though it may not feel that way.

Peace to your heart.

Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Holy Cribby! Quintuple bypass! :shock: Good Lord, Tramp Swan. You trying to piggy-back a ride to Mansonia with JoeR? You guys play it too close to the edge for my comfort zone! Have mercy!

Assuredly, I will pray for you as you face this life crisis. I know you will pull through, one way or another, so I will pray that you have no pain and no fear. In any case, your life is in His hands. He will not let you fall.

PostPosted:  

my dad has had a lot of serious heart issues, so i have some idea of what your going through as his partner. it is really pretty scary, but do not fear! let us pray for the the bodily health of tramp, but even more so the mental and spiritual peace of himself and his family and friends.
Tramp like Joer I've observed to be a very dedicated member of this forum. I know he likes to make music. I hope that music can help ease his recovery.

PostPosted:  

Thank you all for your kind words. Tramp's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow morning at 7am so that his kidneys have some time to clear the dye from yesterday's surgery. He is stable, resting better and has great chances of pulling thru this in great shape. I will log in after his 6+ hr. surgery and update you again.

PostPosted:  

Well, bless you, partner, for standing by Tramp Swan in his hour of need, and for serving as the conveyer of his condition and our well-wishes. I pray for strength for you, too, for what befalls the primary caretakers.

PostPosted:  

father watch over our brothers, and give them the best opportunity to do your will.

love

dave

PostPosted:  

Monday early afternoon: Tramp is still in surgery but now off the bypass machine and going on his own. Closing will take another hour but I think we're out of most danger now! Good news is worth sharing ;)

PostPosted:  

Swamp; You have been a member here to long to quit on us now, so get it together my friend, we aren't ready to loose two of our beloved brothers in such a short time.

We love the banter and honest dialogue you bring to our community so hang in there,... as always you are in my prayer.

PostPosted:  

Aloha Tramp Swan and please know that I will be praying for your return to good health in Jesus' name I pray...

PostPosted:  

Father,
I pray for the well being of Tramp Swan, both spiritually and physically. You know best what his needs are and love him dearly.
Please be with him, comfort him and help his loved ones as well. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to him through our prayers.

PostPosted:  

So what's the scoop on Tramp Swan? Is there an update? Does anybody know?

PostPosted:  

As much as I sometimes complain about it, in general, I love this life and all its challenges. Open heart surgery, excluded.

Thanks for the prayers, thoughts and well wishes. And for the kindness shown to my irreplaceable partner, Gracie.

I am saddened by Joer's passing only in that I will miss him and his words of optimism and hope. I know he is meeting the challenges of our next stage of life and is contributing to the goodness of it all. My prayers for his family and for his many, many friends and loved ones.

The doc said I have a strong heart so expect a full recovery. I am home and walking but I can't type much yet. So my posts may be rare but should increase with time.