Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I just heard the news and I felt a strange mix of feelings. I felt that cold dropping No! feeling, but pretty quickly I thought of Joe's smiling face being received by the Higher beings on the next world, how the next moment he is about to experience is rebirth in a new morontial body free of all pain, and a smile passed over my lips.

I felt the same thing.

Wow... I didn't really know Joe, but there was some kind of "connection" I felt with him each time he and I corresponded on this Forum and a couple of times by email. I will miss his bright and compassionate spirit. But somehow, I believe he will be one with whom I will have many conversations in the mansonian life.

Love you, my brother and in a way I envy your wonderful new adventure.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Aloha...my heart is heavy with the news of our dear Brother Joer. How much more important it seems now to have his loving words and encouragement and support recorded on this site. I draw near to our sweet Lord and just feel, not asking why.

As would have it my electricity went out at 8pm...I lite candles and incense and sat in my rocker with only the sound of the wind and a precious purring kitty in my lap...just to be and feel and think of life and our friend Joer. To be close and comforted by the Spirit of God. This is where my faith comes in. Our journey on this planet is so short and to know our journey begins here...on into eternity. I am at peace.

I prayer for Joer's family...for their peace and for you my Brothers and Sisters...Peace and Love...Holley

PostPosted:  

Wow...this news brings me sadness. I was just starting to get
to know Joe via his posts on these forums. He was one of the regulars
and his style was so consistent, always reminding us of our relationship
with God and to each other.

His last thread was really beautiful. He talked about going to
Mexico and what he was up to down there. I wasn't surprised
that he was on God's mission.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2936

He signature line of his very last post on this forum was:

"The more we discover how much we are Loved by God, the more we want to do God's Will."

I will always remember Joe, especially his message "as we walk by".

And I will miss his presence here.

I am comforted, though, knowing that he is
well-prepared for the beginning of his
eternal career.

Peace be with you, dear Joe

-r

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I am comforted, though, knowing that he is
well-prepared for the beginning of his
eternal career.

Absolutely.... I can't think of anyone more prepared than Joer..... a few months ago i remember him telling me in an e-mail that he was going to pass soon.. He knew it... He said he wanted to spread as much love as possible before leaving.... he definately achieved this.....

I love you Joer... Condolences to your family...

Love Sarah

PostPosted:  

Joe is a beautiful soul...I'm deeply saddened by his passing. Yet, with the faith we have we all know that he is not dead. He has just graduated.

I don't think I've ever heard Joe speak ill to anyone, even those who were unwilling to return his kindness.

His life was an inspiration. He truly showed the love of the Father to everyone he came in contact with. Joe made God a living reality in his life. He thought of us all as brothers and sisters, and he was SO sincere. I have never in my life seen someone so filled with love for both God and his fellow man. There wasn't an ounce of hypocrisy in him, it seems there was and is only love. His life was and is truth, beauty, and goodness. The lives of those he met were enriched because of him.

We grieve now, because our friend has been separated from us. Yet, we shall see him again. We mourn, but we are also joyous in knowing what awaits him in the next life. In the scale of eternity, our time apart will be but the blink of an eye.

Joe, my friend, my brother, I will miss you.

My sincere condolences to his family. I can only imagine their loss...

With love in my heart,
~Chris

PostPosted:  

A great loss we all feel. I have not logged here for some time and posted even less, but every time I did always looked for Joer’s posts for he had so much to give and I had so much to learn. What this gentlest man might be saying to us now ....

Joer, it was a privilege to have been able to communicate with you. You will forever have a special place in my heart.

There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter.

Last edited by Arioch on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Joer was a giant amoung us!
We will miss him greatly.
:(
Always positive, always wise, and filled with so much love that it spilled all over everyone that he touched!

PostPosted:  

I just read the news of brother Joe. I did not know him personally but I enjoyed his posts. It saddens me to know he has gone.
I do know he is in a better place. God bless all of you.

PostPosted:  

We never know what to say or do when one of us passes on. I look forward to seeing Joer on the next world.
I wish us peace
Elliott

PostPosted:  

Does anyone have a mailing address for Brother Joe's family? I would love to be there to celebrate his life but love to send a card...I understand if one does not want to post it in open forum...

Aloha...

PostPosted:  

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pressdemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=joseph-howard-reza&pid=130949589

Joseph Howard Reza

Age 57, of Santa Rosa, CA passed away Monday July 20, 2009 surrounded by his daughters and sisters while traveling in Mexico. He was born October 30, 1951 in San Francisco. Joe was a devoted member of Resurrection Catholic Church and a regular volunteer in the community at Ursuline High School. He was an avid fisherman, hunter, naturalist, and adventurer. His travels were extensive, as were his interests and ranged in diversity from Urantia to Native Americans on Alcatraz to facebook. He was a dedicated "Popi," and embraced his daughters throughout their lives filling them each with his sense of adventure, charity and social justice. He will be forever remembered for his joy and his love and devotion for all whom were fortunate enough to cross his path. Joe is survived by his daughters, Katia, Sara Maria and April "Pimpo"; his sisters, Sara, Jackie and Kathy; his stepmother; brothers-in-law; aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, his granddaughter, Krystal and countless friends worldwide. A celebration of Joe's life will be held on August 22nd at Ursuline High School, located at 90 Ursuline Rd; Santa Rosa, CA 95403. A Funeral Mass will begin at 11:00 a.m. at the Chapel in Ursula Hall, followed by a spaghetti feast and a Life Celebration. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting donations be made in his name to Ursuline High School, Santa Rosa, CA

PostPosted:  

Joey's cousin Frank sent the address to send condolences and donations to a scholarship in Joe's name.

Send: Family Joer
4306 chico ave.
Santa Rosa, Calif. 95407-6506

God Bless Jess