Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

On brother Joe's facebook account a friend of his and said that brother Joe has suffered a stroke in Mexico... One thing is for sure his guardian angles will not let such a strong light in this world pass. Brother Joe changed my life with he called me and said would you like to come to IC08 with me and brother Metaroc Mike? I was ecstatic to be able to serve with these brothers. Little did I know that weekend would change my life forever.

Brother Joe does so much for so many people and I know I don't have to ask for you to pray for him because his love for others is enough for them to want to pray once they found out of his condition.

Brother Joe truly inspired me to go about doing god's will day by day, and I love him like a father/brother. If anyone else has an update on his condition please share that with us here.

Father, please bring our brother to a speedy recovery so he can continue to be a beacon of light to so many darkened and lost souls. In Jesus name I pray. Thank you father.

love your son/brother

dave

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Dave,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. If there is one truly Christ like person filled with genuine love and caring it is Joe. I am thankful that I have come to know him. I will pray in earnest for him in the hopes that he will make a full recovery from his stroke.

Love,
Paul

PostPosted:  

Hey Dave --

brother_dave wrote:
On brother Joe's facebook account a friend of his and said that brother Joe has suffered a stroke in Mexico...

Father, please bring our brother to a speedy recovery so he can continue to be a beacon of light to so many darkened and lost souls. In Jesus name I pray. Thank you father.

love your son/brother

dave

Thanks for passing this along. Nice prayer which I share.

Haven't been on this forum long, but during the short time
I have been on I have always taken note of Joer's posts
which are always incredibly respectful and loving of all
those he communicates with.

I send my love, light, and thoughts as best I can to dear Joer.

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Dave,

Brother Joe is in my prayers. He was the first person to reach out to me when I joined this forum, and his love and compassion come through each and everyone of his posts.

I pray the Father gives wisdom to his doctors and nurses to care for him in the best way possible, and that brother Joe comes through with flying colors.

Peace and God Bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

UPDATE...

brother joe isn't speaking yet. The Hospital is giving conflicting information. His family is on their way down to see him now. A friend of his on facebook has told me the update. We ask that you all please keep brother Joe in your hearts and prayers today...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Oh no... :cry: I have been thinking of him so much lately as I have not seen any posts but knew he was going to be in remote areas but was using the libraries...I was going to send him a pm...I will certainly pray for his care and safe return and return to good health! He is truly a loving man and to express that love as eloquently as he does, to shine the light of God is a blessing to all...

Please keep us posted as I know you will...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joe is in my prayers. Surely all the goodness manifest and expressed by Joe will be returned unto him tenfold and we will rejoice and give thanks to our Loving Father in Heaven as Joe is soon restored.

Peace, Love & Light~

Julie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dave if you could plz continue to update us i would be very greatful.

As with you meeting Joe at IC08 was a wonderful experience, he is every thing he seems here reading his post, as we all know if there is any one that will step up with a kind word ..to any one..no matter the sittuation..It will be Joer.

He has been consistant with his unconditional love and responces to all people.

My prayer are with him and his family.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I just wrote to Joe's friend asking for info on the hospital and maybe a phone number or information that he could give us as well, and I informed him on how all of us here at truthbook are very concerned for our brother. I also said that I would like to go to him and help console his family during these times, and that I was sure many people would want to help in some way or form if they can.

I'm just waiting to here back from him and it's a busy day at work so I'll have to check back periodically.

god's will be done and I know Joe would say it's ok brother, I'll be fine don't worry about me, just continue to do god's will... Ok brother I'll do my best but I have to retreat to a random room often because I haven't cried this much in a very long time.

god bless us all during this time and especially him and his family

love dave

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
god's will be done and I know Joe would say it's ok brother, I'll be fine don't worry about me, just continue to do god's will... Ok brother I'll do my best but I have to retreat to a random room often because I haven't cried this much in a very long time.

My love and prayers to Joe and his family (and his bigger family)...

He is in good hands... He will survive this and move on to be even more of a light among men than he already is.

KP

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This is what his cousin wrote to me on facebook:

Quote:
sure Dave,please excuse me on my spelling,I'm typing through tears.OK Joe is in Leon Quanawato, the Hospitol is called Medica Campestre (not sure on spelling) forgive me...... the phone number I recieved is 011524777790505 , I myself haven't called cause of my spanish is limited.Dave thankyou very very much for the outpour of your prayersfor my cousin Joe , I just can't believe how big his spirit has touched so many people,he is my angel and always will be ! Joer is the glue to our family and endlessly keeps giving. much thanks what ever you can do to help. I hope the info. is correct GOD Bless YOU

if anyone speaks spanish please call his hospital and keep us informed on this thread. Thank you all very much.

god bless

love dave

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I also responded to Frank with this!

Quote:
brother Frank,

Trust me when I say this that I have been crying all day as soon as I seen your post on his page... my brother Joe is the single most influencial person in my life that has helped me with my spirituality and showed me how wonderful it is to do the fathers will.

I know Joe would tell us heyyyyyyy don't worry about me brothers, I'll be fine, just keep on doing the fathers will and that's all that's important.

I answer back ok brother I will.... I will keep doing my best to show the world what you have shown me. I love him like a family member and he is in my heart everywhere I go. Joe is special and he is a gift for us all.

I have passed the info along to everyone that I could and I know people will be lineing up to help including me.

god bless you Frank and your family through this time and remember how much service brother Joe gave to everyone he met and he will come out of this on top one way or the other.

love

your brother dave

if you would like me to pass your prayers or words on to Frank and the rest of his family please send them to me and I will get them to Frank for all of us.

love dave

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This is sad news...I was so happy to meet Joe last Summer at the conference, and he is just as sweet and genuine in person as he is here on this forum...a very bright light for God.

I add my prayers to all of yours. God's will be done, and I pray that it is that Joe recovers fully and continues his loving ministry to the world. I know that he has touched many, many lives with his amazing strength and his wonderful Spirit. And God knows, too...

Sometimes, these things happen, and the seeming disaster turns out to be a great blessing, so that is what I hope and pray for our friend JoeR...recovery happens!!!

I also want to add my thanks to you, Dave, for keeping us all in the loop, and going that second mile to keep us informed. Thank you!!! I'll never forget the wonderful times we had last Summer with Joe, Jim, and Mike - and all the other great souls at the LA conference...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My love and prayer goes to brother joer, who lives the truth, beauty and goodness. He is one beautiful soul and has been a light in this forum. May he recover physically but if not he surely will get well morontially.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

am not as familiar with Joer as some of you, but the few times I have emailed him, he has made an impact on me on what you can do if you just try.

my good thoughts and prayers are with you brother.