Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:43 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Pray for Jeanne
PostPosted:  

Hi all,
I am asking all of you for your help. I know that your prayers can and do make a difference. My daughter Jeanne is very depressed. She has become unemployable due to alcohol abuse, overeating and lack of motivation. She was a very bright and positive person just a few years ago, who was taken advantage of, and ended up in some bad relationships. She has since gotten out of the relationships but has been soured on the whole life thing. Now she lives with her mother and step dad, and mostly stays in her own room. She is 41 years old, way too young to just give up!
I know her, believe in her and somewhere inside of her she is fighting to break away from this funk. Your prayers and the extra love that they will bring might help her to break out of her depressed state and get back to living life. :(
Thank you and God bless you!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Slyde...I pray for Jeanne...41...ah yes, a time of introspection and re-evaluate your life and search for new directions. I pray she asks for help...and finds a place to meet her needs...hang in there...Aloha

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Slyde,
My prayers go out to your daughter, and also to you, because it may very well turn out that your guidance will be the beacon of light that she will need to escape her torment. Please keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Slyde,

Maybe what she is experiencing will be the "redirecting cataclysm" that will help her find a new way. That's a hard place to be in...the depression alone...

I pray for your daughter that she just decides to let go and let God take care of her...maybe it'll help if you let her know that people are praying for her...?

maryjo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi again all,
Of course there is more to this story than just the facts that I gave you.
I am 2400 miles away from Jeanne, living in California while she lives in Wisconsin.
We are not on the best of terms right now, I wouldn't even be aware of her plight except for my daughter in law, who keeps me informed with family goings on in that neck of the woods.
I think that she needs to feel something of the sense that she is loved and there are people pulling for her. Hence my prayer request. You DO have the power of Love, she needs to feel that. I don't that it is even necessary for her to know where it is comming from
A bit of very good family news as well, a bit off the Jeanne point, but my wife Susan began reading part 4 of the UB today. She told me that since I have been reading TUB that she feels that I treat her "better" and she has got to find out why.
8) 8) 8) Thank you ! By the way I can never repay but I can pass it on!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Been there, done that. It sounds like she could use a 12-step program. I pray she realizes she needs help and goes to any length to get it. It's not too late. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean,
I couldn't agree more, the 12 step program would help, Her enablers, however will not confront her about it and continue to help her remain where she is. To hear that she checked into some sort of rehab would be very good news. Thanks for the suggestion though!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I am delighted to pray for Jeanne Prayers from this forum are definately making a difference for my daughter.
Ask her if she knows someone in recovery (12 step). If she does,then maybe that person can provide some information (12th step)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott,
Thank you.
My prayers for Jennifer continue as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Slyde, I’m so happy you asked us to pray for your daughter. I would Love to pray for her. As she is a child of God and deserving of ALL our prayers.
Maryjo wrote:
Quote:
I pray for your daughter that she just decides to let go and let God take care of her...maybe it'll help if you let her know that people are praying for her...?

Sylde wrote:
Quote:
I think that she needs to feel something of the sense that she is loved and there are people pulling for her. Hence my prayer request….I don't that it is even necessary for her to know where it is coming from

The last two lines of this excerpt stuck in my head a few years ago. And it changed me. I have made more of an effort to let the person or persons I pray for know or to get someone close to them know that someone or someones are praying for them.

In my experience it has seemed to help. My guess is that even if someone doesn’t want you to pray for them, even if they expressly prohibit it. I think if they KNOW someone is praying for them it opens up some avenue of receptivity to being healed within them. And as such they may even unwillingly participate in their own healing. And their participation even subconsciously, I believe, plays a large part in their healing.

P.998 - §5 But prayer need not always be individual. Group or congregational praying is very effective in that it is highly socializing in its repercussions. When a group engages in community prayer for moral enhancement and spiritual uplift, such devotions are reactive upon the individuals composing the group; they are all made better because of participation. Even a whole city or an entire nation can be helped by such prayer devotions. Confession, repentance, and prayer have led individuals, cities, nations, and whole races to mighty efforts of reform and courageous deeds of valorous achievement.

P.998 - §6 If you truly desire to overcome the habit of criticizing some friend, the quickest and surest way of achieving such a change of attitude is to establish the habit of praying for that person every day of your life. But the social repercussions of such prayers are dependent largely on two conditions:

P.998 - §7 1. The person who is prayed for should know that he [or she] is being prayed for.

P.999 - §1 2. The person who prays should come into intimate social contact with the person for whom he is praying.

My Lord, Please grant healing to Slyde’s daughter Jeanne. He loves his daughter dearly. And she is in need of all healing she can get through the natural process of Your Will being executed and fulfilled by all those healing and supportive beings earthly and heavenly who in doing your Will to fullest come to her Aid. Lord allow that her Adjuster coordinate and participate in all the healing possible from all sources possible for her benefit. She is your daughter my Lord and no one could Love her more than You.

I have no means by which I merit your response to my request. Many times I have not been even your imperfect servant. At times I have not served you at all. Yet regardless of my errors I know in your Perfect Love she is the most important thing that anyone can imagine. And You my Lord, loving her as such I know You will allow the maximum amount of healing possible to take place. I humbly thank you Lord for your overwhelming Love and Mercy. Your forgiveness is beyond measure. I ask forgiveness for my errors and lack of spiritual strength. I ask the Holy Spirit, Our Mother, to prefect my request to you My Father and Brother that you may do all within your power in accordance to your WILL to effect the healing of your daughter, my sister and Sylde’s daughter Jeanne. May the Daughter's of Our Mother Spirit flock to her aid. In You we are all healed. In You we are all saved. In You we are all guided to better lives.

Lord guide those around her to make wise decisions in their efforts to effect her healing. Lord open her heart up to you and Your LOVE for her. Let her know she is truly a being LOVED by God with a Love that is beyond all others. In You Father may she be healed. In You Father may all those who attend and contact her touch a place in her heart that leads to her healing. As my Lord Jesus knows humanly only so well, how devastating depression may be. May You Lord Jesus hear our prayer and guide the healing of your sister and daughter of Yours and Our Mother Spirit’s creation to the most successful healing possible for Jeanne.

This I ask in the name of ALL that is GOD. Amen/Awomen.

Peace be with you Slyde and your daughter Jeanne, all those who attend to her and all here. Amen.
:smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Wow Joer,
Thank you.
The advice that you and Mary Jo have given will be followed. :!: :!:
8)

Post subject: Re: Pray for Jeanne
PostPosted:  

101:1.3 The divine spirit makes contact with mortal man, not by feelings or emotions, but in the realm of the highest and most spiritualized thinking. It is your thoughts, not your feelings, that lead you Godward. The divine nature may be perceived only with the eyes of the mind. But the mind that really discerns God, hears the indwelling Adjuster, is the pure mind. “Without holiness no man may see the Lord.” All such inner and spiritual communion is termed spiritual insight. Such religious experiences result from the impress made upon the mind of man by the combined operations of the Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth as they function amid and upon the ideas, ideals, insights, and spirit strivings of the evolving sons of God.

if it's our unseen thoughts, which have energy, that leads us godward then yes, prayer does make a difference. we've all had our problems with alcohol, depression, relationships and food, some worse than others. i'm not a good drinker and choose not to. i've had serious downtime in my life for much too long stretches because of depression, but none in a long time. staying in the room all the time is something we've all dealt with, again, some worse than others, but many adults out there hardly ever go out of their houses. i never could get myself out of any of my past funks, it's just something someone has to live through until they can find the energy to get going again. fortunately through study of the gospel of jesus of being of service to others as my only goal, i've changed my thought energy enough that i don't get into long depressions anymore, but without a primary focus on this gospel i don't know how anyone could stay out of long funks. a full understanding of this gospel does not come from the bible, even if the bible is fully understood, revelation is needed and tub is the only revelation on the planet.

slyde wrote:
Hi all,
I am asking all of you for your help. I know that your prayers can and do make a difference. My daughter Jeanne is very depressed. She has become unemployable due to alcohol abuse, overeating and lack of motivation. She was a very bright and positive person just a few years ago, who was taken advantage of, and ended up in some bad relationships. She has since gotten out of the relationships but has been soured on the whole life thing. Now she lives with her mother and step dad, and mostly stays in her own room. She is 41 years old, way too young to just give up!
I know her, believe in her and somewhere inside of her she is fighting to break away from this funk. Your prayers and the extra love that they will bring might help her to break out of her depressed state and get back to living life. :(
Thank you and God bless you!

Post subject: Re: Pray for Jeanne
PostPosted:  

I read, Slyde