Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:11 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

She suffers from depression. I believe if she had a sense of a higher power that she could pray to-she would benefit greatly. Please pray for her to understand that we have an active, caring God. Thanks

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Brother Elliott

My prayers and that of our family are sent to heaven.

Brother Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Depression is so terribly insidious. And it's just as agonizing for those who watch and care for a loved one who suffers with this illness. It must be especially painful for this to be happening to your child.
You know you are held, you know she is...and your prayer is that she comes to know this also.

Peace to your heart...

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Im there ..i suffer from seasonal depression and I understand..let her know she is in deed in our prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks for your responses!
I have never asked for prayers before-it is way more comforting than I expected!
I know TUB says that after you have done all you can-it's ok to ask. We were as tapped out for solutions as we could be.
For the past two days, she has been better-after almost three years!
Peace and Love
Elliott

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Elliot,

I want to add my voice to this thread, too. I have suffered with depression, off-and-on, for many years, and I know what a scourge it can be. It is only through God's grace that I have recovered as well as I have - no pills, no shrinking... I rarely now have significant spells of depression. Prayer is a marvelous antidote!!!

I will keep your lovely daughter in my prayers, too...

Sincerely

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott Stockard wrote:
Thanks for your responses!
I have never asked for prayers before-it is way more comforting than I expected!
I know TUB says that after you have done all you can-it's ok to ask. We were as tapped out for solutions as we could be.
For the past two days, she has been better-after almost three years!
Peace and Love
Elliott

Elliot, I'm glad you have trusted us here to pray for your daughter. I'm also glad to help you saw some improvement the past few days. I too would like to add my voice here and let You know I'll be praying for you and her and all those who surround her. May God guide all who have contact with Elliot’s daughter be the healing she needs.

Lord heal Elliot's daughter. Bring her relief from the effects of depression upon her life. Lift her up Lord by the fostering of her knowing Love in her heart. lord heal her with your most splendid Love. Enter her heart and from the center of her being let her know confidence. Let it grow within here. Let her know joy. let it grow within her. Fortify all those around her to have patience with her and gently be the uplifting she needs.

Put a smile on her face Lord. Ease Elliot's pain and distress. Let him find solace in your embracing Love of him and all his family. Amen Lord. Amen.

God's peace be with and your daughter Elliot and all those around her.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott
What is her name? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Daughter's name is Jennifer. Update: Jenn is hesitant to give herself over to a higher power. She sometimes asks her Mother and I to pray for others.
We got a candle for her to light when she felt like she needed prayer-for herself or whatever. She has been on the upswing for a week now, and when her Mom went there yesterday, the candle had been burned! Little victories and they feel great! Thanks for your continuing prayers.
Elliott

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott, that is wonderful news...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Lord please continue to be the light in Jennifer's life. Ease the stress she feels. Let her see the Love others have for her and rejoice in that Love. Lord and all the celestial beings capable of helping Jennifer get passed her depression, please do so to the maximum amount allowed by the Will of Our Father.

Father bless your daughter Jennifer with your boundless Love. My Father Love your daughter Jennifer into her healing. Oh Holy Mother Spirit Guide her to her healing. Be the guide that delivers her to the Love and Joy in her Life. Amen/Awomen. O:)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Daughter continues to be on the up-tick. Thank you for your prayers and blessings! Please keep 'em coming.
Peace
Elliott

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott Stockard wrote:
My Daughter continues to be on the up-tick. Thank you for your prayers and blessings! Please keep 'em coming.
Peace
Elliott

Thanks for the update Elliot! It is good to hear of her improvement. I pray to God that it continues and that her strength girds her for the challenges, when she faces them and gives balance, comfort, joy and contentment when things are going well for her. Amen. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My daughter continues to improve! Small increments,but improvement nevertheless! Thanks for prayers! I have never done this (asked for prayers) before. Now I'm a believer!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Elliott Stockard wrote:
My daughter continues to improve! Small increments,but improvement nevertheless! Thanks for prayers! I have never done this (asked for prayers) before. Now I'm a believer!

Thanks for the Update Elliot. I had forgotten recently to prayer for your daughter. But when you and her come to mind I do. And now you have brought a positive thought back to me awakening my perception to the healing of your daughter and those around her who desire her good health. and I'm praying for her again Elliot. Thank you for the update.

May your daughters healing process continue and may all around her have strength during the ups and downs of her healing process. May their love and support and her own internal faith and love grow as together we raise above the pains and limitations of a material life.

God bless you and Jennifer and all those around you and keep you all within the healing powers of His Love. May your Spirits soar as Jennifer's spirit grows in love and healing as we go through the paces of this Life on to the Next.

God's Love be you Elliot and those you Love. :smile: