Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:06 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris.....................

You're getting nutty now us hon

People have prayed for to God for a million dollars in used $20's and He conjured it up and had it fall from the sky right into their hands? I was being literal with my "abstract" example.

Show me.

Strict guidelines? I never used those words. Please stop putting words into my mouth and pay closer attention to exactly what people write.

You are missing the spirit and intention of my remarks. If you are confused about a particular point, they ask a question of clarification please.

Thank you

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1140:3 103:8.3 A good and noble man may be consummately in love with his wife but utterly unable to pass a satisfactory written examination on the psychology of marital love. Another man, having little or no love for his spouse, might pass such an examination most acceptably. The imperfection of the lover's insight into the true nature of the beloved does not in the least invalidate either the reality or sincerity of his love.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Iris,

Well take ya a trip down south sometime and stop in at any Waffle House. You'll get called sweetheart, darlin and hon all day long....for free.

And please do take me literally. I say what I mean and mean what I say. All the time. If I'm tellin' a joke or being farcical, you'll know it.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1140:5 103:8.5 The certainty of the God-knowing religionist should not be disturbed by the uncertainty of the doubting materialist; rather should the uncertainty of the unbeliever be mightily challenged by the profound faith and unshakable certainty of the experiential believer.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris,

Perhaps you should quit while you're behind. ?

Think I'm picking on you? Well you deserve it! You picked on me first. I've about had it with your condescending attitude and lack of paying attention to what our participants actually say.

See you're still not paying attention. I didn't say you were (my) hon. So I know you're not my (hon)....and I don't particularly want you for a hon. You are presuming disrespect so you only get what you imagine you are getting.

Greater is a man who can control is tongue than one who can take a city.

Stop picking on people and just stick to discussing the issues. That would be helpful.

Last edited by Vann on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:54 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Careful, folks...let's not let this valuable discussion decline into childish misunderstandings and name-calling - even it the names are supposed to be sweet....Iris doesn't like the names, and doesn't care about Southern ways, so can we get on with the real discussion at hand? I am not even asking for an apology, Vann. Let's just end this acrimony right away.

Remember who we are, and under whose banner we proclaim our truths...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1206:3 110:3.5 Confusion, being puzzled, even sometimes discouraged and distracted, does not necessarily signify resistance to the leadings of the indwelling Adjuster. Such attitudes may sometimes connote lack of active co-operation with the divine Monitor and may, therefore, somewhat delay spiritual progress, but such intellectual emotional difficulties do not in the least interfere with the certain survival of the God-knowing soul. Ignorance alone can never prevent survival; neither can confusional doubts nor fearful uncertainty. Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster's leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Van, Iris ,Stacey
Boy, walk away from the computer for a while ( I've got a 2 year old clause in my life at the moment) & things can change. I've enjoyed being at TruthBook today as it has been sometime since I have been able to post.
Let us all love one another and get along so that we can be a light to those who are seeking Gods kingdom.
In my previous post I said to approach God in prayer with an honest heart and with humility. I aknowledge who God is and who I am.
Like Stacey said my mom now has a UB so maybe she'll be here at TruthBook someday so we all need to be an example cause if were not boy she will sure straighten us out.
Let us love each other and pray for those new to TruthBook this day in Jesus name. Amen

love to all,
jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

jeff wrote:
To all,
This last week my 80 year old mother laid at deaths doorstep. With 2 failed attempts to go through her legs to reach the blocked arteries that were starving her heart of life giving blood ther seemed little hope that she could survive much longer.She was so bad that she couldn't even get out of bed without crushing pain and shortness of breath.
After a couple of days the Doctors decided to try once more to reach her heart throught the leg. I went to her the night before with little hope and the realization that I probably would not have her very much longer. As I have many times before I took her hand and said "Mom let me pray for you." So I prayed but I still had very little hope. As the Dr. said "an almost impossible situation."
The next day - SUCCESS! She has been home for 2 days and is up making her own meals and living her life as if nothing ever happened.

Quote:
144:2.4 "Which of you who is a father, if his son asks unwisely, would hesitate to give in accordance with parental wisdom rather than in the terms of the son's faulty petition? If the child needs a loaf, will you give him a stone just because he unwisely asks for it? If your son needs a fish, will you give him a watersnake just because it may chance to come up in the net with the fish and the child foolishly asks for the serpent? If you, then, being mortal and finite, know how to answer prayer and give good and appropriate gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the spirit and many additional blessings to those who ask him? Men ought always to pray and not become discouraged

If I come before God with a humble heart and an honest one I know that he hears my prayers be it with silent words of the heart or on my knees with vocal words or holding hands with the woman who gave me life. Sometimes the answer is no, somtimes the answer may be years down the road of life and sometimes it can be immediate. I do know that He always hears and that praying to our Father is never in vain.

Back to my Mom -
"Oh me of little faith"

Love to all,
Jeff

Jeff thank you so much for sharing that tender moment of prayer and faith with us. May your prayers always be answered and may you enjoy many more joyful moments with your Mom on this world as well as those that lay before us. You fill my heart with joy and rejoicing with your mom's healing and fruitful recovery. Bless you and Your mom, Jeff, and all your family and friends and all here who express God's Love as if their cups overflowith. Because in eternity they do. :smile:

Jesus never prayed as a religious duty.

To him prayer was:
a sincere expression of spiritual attitude,
a declaration of soul loyalty,
a recital of personal devotion,
an expression of thanksgiving,
an avoidance of emotional tension,
a prevention of conflict,
an exaltation of intellection,
an ennoblement of desire,
a vindication of moral decision,
an enrichment of thought,
an invigoration of higher inclinations,
a consecration of impulse,
a clarification of viewpoint,
a declaration of faith,
a transcendental surrender of will,
a sublime assertion of confidence,
a revelation of courage,
the proclamation of discovery,
a confession of supreme devotion,
the validation of consecration,
a technique for the adjustment of difficulties,

and the mighty mobilization of the combined soul powers to withstand all human tendencies toward selfishness, evil, and sin.

He lived just such a life of prayerful consecration to the doing of his Father's will and ended his life triumphantly with just such a prayer. The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; and he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship--unbroken communion with God--and not by leadings, voices, visions, or extraordinary religious practices.

PostPosted:  

bulldog wrote:
Please pray for guidance and understanding for new readers, in their endeavor to better understand the TUB.

"Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it." p2090

God Bless

Jim

133:3.9 When Martha, Justus’ wife, had spread the food on the table, Jesus, taking unexpected leave of them, said: “As it is getting late, and since the young man’s father will be awaiting us, we pray to be excused while we leave you here together — three women — the beloved children of the Most High. And I will pray for your spiritual guidance while you make plans for a new and better life on earth and eternal life in the great beyond.”

if jesus can pray for the guidance of people, so will i.

85:4.1 Mankind has worshiped earth, air, water, and fire. The primitive races venerated springs and worshiped rivers. Even now in Mongolia there flourishes an influential river cult. Baptism became a religious ceremonial in Babylon, and the Creeks practiced the annual ritual bath. It was easy for the ancients to imagine that the spirits dwelt in the bubbling springs, gushing fountains, flowing rivers, and raging torrents. Moving waters vividly impressed these simple minds with beliefs of spirit animation and supernatural power. Sometimes a drowning man would be refused succor for fear of offending some river god.

the tub is saying the the. "the tub" could be referring to the annual bath.