Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:19 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted:  

Time has come for me to ask others to do for me so i may rest my concerns on the shoulders of others.

i let go and let God to most every thing in my life and this moment is no different, always I say if it be God will than let it be so.
But in this world of free will and the nature of natural cause and effects, i have learned and do have faith in the power of prayer.

I am not some one to ask for prayer for my self but I am in a situation where it kind-of goes hand in hand.

I am donating one of my kidneys to a friend of 23 years he is 52 and i am 47.
we are a tissue match so after all the testing we are going in to surgery this Wednesday, we have to be at the hospital at 5 in the morning.

I am not concerned for my self about the surgery for my self ...it is the possibility that his body will not accept my kidney. if that happened it would be very sad for me, as well him because he has been struggling with this for a long time now. and if you know any thing about dialysis ...it is not fun for him.

So my request is the every one pray the his body accepts my kidney and his gets to have a healthy and joyous life...thank you.

Last edited by J. Barry on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:10 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Jim,

My prayers are with you today and into the next weeks. What you are doing is courageous and selfless and I stand in awe of your willingness to put yourself on the line this way for your friend.

You are a good man, Jim, and I will agree in prayer with you right now that the Father's Divine order will prevail for you and your friend. Miracles happen every day in operating rooms all over the world in procedures like this one, and I feel confident that our loving heavenly Father will take excellent care of both of you in this demonstration of true friendship.

You are in the hands of the best Physician ever - the Master himself - and I know your surgeons will be guided by unseen friends all the way. I will send some healing energy your way for a speedy recovery, and I look forward to hearing of the great success of this operation.

Many Blessings - All is well. Many will be standing in the gap for you during these days...

Your Denver sister -

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

J Barry you are the best. Mega prayers going out for both you and your friend, and especially for that blessed kidney of yours. I pray that it survives, functions well and gives your friend a new life. How fortunate for both of you to find each other in this life and share this experience. It is a match made in heaven.

Love, Iris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Jim, what a great friend you are and a brave one also. I've got you and your friend surrounded in white light and I am praying for a successful surgery and recovery. The Father is with you and yours.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

What a gift to give, Jim. God be with you.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

What a selfless thing to do JBarry, i wish you both good health and speedy recovery.....

{{{Love}}}}

Sarah

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Jim,

A couple of more folks like you in this world would be a good start towards that light and life thing we always talk about.

Godspeed in your recovery brother.

Regards,

John

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Praying for miracles, for tomorrow and many tomorrows, for you both.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Just a reminder that today - probably even as I write this, Jim and his friend are in surgery for the kidney transplant.

I hope we can all agree in prayer in these next hours that the surgery is successful and that the surgeons' hands are guided by Divine wisdom.

No matter what, we know that our friend is very safe in the Father's care...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

JB I pray, that God's Love embraces you and your friend. And that you both find healing in that Love. I pray that your friend’s body accepts the gift you so unselfishly give. May God and all the celestial beings able to help in the operation be in attendance. May the Doctors be guided by them as much as possible to make good decisions in the operation and healing process.

May The Love expressed by all here be joined in healing prayer power for you and your friend JB. At This time I pray for your healing. At This time I ask that all that can be done by all beings mortal and otherwise be done in accordance with Our Father's Will.

I love you JB. I love your friend. In God's Love may you both be healed. Amen.

God Bless and be with you and your friend JB. May you both be healing. May you both be healing. May you both heal. This I ask in the name of our loving brother and creator Christ our Lord. Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Is there anyway to find out jow JB is doing post-op?

Prayers are still going up on my end.

Peace,

John

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Mine too. I didn't get JB's number at IC08. Does anyone else have it?

Happy Birthday Lord. May Jim and his friend's healing a be a tribute to you on your Birthday Lord.

Heal them Lord. Give them healing. May God be praised. In Him/Her all things are healed. In Him/Her all things exist. Thank you Lord. Thank you God Father and Mother of us all. Amen/Awomen

God Bless You Lord and may you bless Jim and His friend and all here. Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Jim,

Best wishes and prayers.

Last edited by stacey jackson on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank all of you so much for the prayers, and kind words.

The surgery took 4 hours on my body beause I had such a large Kidney with two sets of blood vessals and an excta uterar.

Olly recieve my kidney very well and it begain to work as soon as they put it in...they told me that before they could connect the uterar tube it had begun cleanning his blood and squirting out urine.

over the next 3 days after surgery all of his test came back in the highest purformace levels,. hey were all very happy with how it turned out.

I was able to see Olly 2 days after surgery and he had colore in his face and said he was already feeling much better.

we are both taking it easy to alow for healing. but we are up a few times a day walking very slowly around the floor to keep the intestine working.

we both had our bowl movements today...which was of great releif...lol..if you know any thing about surgery this was a good thing and much waited for.. :)

I am going to be recuperating at Ollys house with the kind and loving care of all his family members.

Olly will be coming home on Monday or tuesday. I am here now.I got out of the hospital around 6pm
I move slow but have every sign of recovering nicely.

My energy burns out fast so i am no about to do much yet but will get on line as much as I can to give a heads up.

Once again thank you all. and God bless

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

God Bless you and Olly, Jim.

Thank You for the update. I've thinking about you as I'm sure many have with Love and concern. I'm so glad to hear from you and to hear such good news. Our body's capacities to heal are certainly amazing to me. And our doctors are learning more and more how to take advantage of that natural miracle.

God bless and be with you Jim and Olly and all those around you and attending to you both!

May God's Love continue to be your companion. :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next