Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:26 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

My niece Dani is a wonderful girl. I remember laying in our sleeping bags looking up at the universe from within the middle of a circle of tall Ponderosa or Sugar Pine trees at a family summer gathering at a favorite family camping spot, Pinecrest, in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I always like sleeping outside under the trees with the star-filled sky above and often times there would be a young niece or nephew who would be willing to leave the comfort of the tent for an adventurous night's sleep in the fresh outdoor mountain air.

We had a great night as we traveled in our conversations across the galaxies and the universe conceptually exploring where we were at in the grand scheme of things.

Dani loved the mental journey as did I. Appropriate companions for a journey of that kind.

Dani was perhaps 8 years old then. She's 15½ now. She came to see me last year at Christmas time and didn't have much interest in doing stuff with me as she did in years past. A big hard rock concert with five Mosh Pits were her interest. She seemed to have developed an interest in drinking and drugs. I was concerned. I called a few weeks ago on the day she was expelled from school for drinking and possession of heroin. My cousin, her mom, got her into detox right away for heroin use. She's in rehab now until Monday. My cousin is looking for a program she can get her into when that is done. My niece seems to need a strong structure now. I hope and pray my cousin succeeds. I hear her husband, Dani's dad, was against the rehab and preferred home treatment but my cousin didn't believe that would work I think she is right but it doesn't make her task any easier. My cousin who is a nurse at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale AZ also cares for my nephew Ryan, Dani’s brother, who broke is spine at the base of his neck about 6 or 7 years ago at the age of 23 and is totally paralyzed from the neck down.

Please join me in praying for my niece’s recovery and my cousin’s strength in trying to save her daughter’s life. Thank you all for your prayers on and offline. God Bless and be with you all and help you all with your needs. Amen.

Lord please give my cousin strength to deal with, handle and make good decisions in the situation she is in with my niece Dani whom I love very much. Give her the strength to overcome any difficulty she may face. Give her rest when she needs it. Guide her to find the help she needs and guide the help she needs to her. Let my niece Dani see the value and worth of life especially her life. Guide her away from any destructive behavior she may be tempted to enter into. Be the strength that she needs. Beckon her to your loving embrace and heal her within her heart, spirit and mind. Help me to be what I need to be in being part of her healing. Give me the strength and wisdom to know what I may and am capable of doing to help in this situation. Help me to be a better source of support for my cousin. Help me with my own family needs and give me the strength to do what I can.

Lord you know better than I what my cousin and Dani need. You answer their needs even before I ask. You are all loving and all forgiving. I ask that any spiritual source of help who believes they may be able to help to so in accordance with the Will of our Father and Mother God. Be the healing that my niece and cousin need. Be the Love that they need and help me to be the same.

Lord forgive me for my sins. Forgive me for my pride. Forgive me for my failure to be as spiritual as I can be. Help me to be better in that regard. Help me to be one with you and Our Father and Mother God. In you I am healed. In you I am saved In you my niece is healed in you my niece is saved. Help me Lord as I all ready know you do even before I ask. But I ask so that I know I will have and will make the effort necessary of me through your strength. Your strength will me mine should mine fail. Your Love will be there should mine falter. Your healing has no limits other than that which we refuse to receive. Make us perfect Lord even as you are perfect. For we are weak. We are errant. But You know Lord that I love you. And I know from your promise Lord that even If my Love is imperfect you will make it whole. Oh Lord I humbly ask this of you because I believe in your Mercy and Love. Lord heal my niece. Lord Heal and strengthen my cousin. Lord heal be the strength my nephew Ryan needs. In you Lord we are made new. In you we are refreshed. In you we live again.
Thank you Lord. Thank you father. Thank you Mother. Thank you Lord In your name Lord Jesus Christ Michael Son of God I humbly ask. Amen.

Thank You All. Amen :smile:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My heart joins with yours, Joer. Nothing is more painful than to see a loved one lose her way...even as you know she is still held intimately and safely. Being an open conduit for God's love and wisdom will surely help your cousin in the days, weeks, months, years ahead...may you be assured of The Presence.

Peace to your heart
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Joer,

I pray that Dani will be able to overcome her heroin addiction. I ask that our Heavenly Father work with Dani to help her end her addiction. I also send my love and support.

Love,
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

May God bless your family and answer your prayers, Joer.

iris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I will Pray for Dani too Joer.....

Love Sarah xxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Joer,

Know that Michael and I are also joining in your powerful prayer circle surrounding your family.

We KNOW that there is a constant flow of LOVE supporting each of you.

Please make sure that you relay to ALL of them that there are many friends
lifting them up and that they are NEVER alone, especially Dani.

Blessings,
susan and michael melody

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My best thoughts will be with the situation Joe * Thank you for asking for prayers for Dani

your friend

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank You all I'm very moved. I will relay your prayers to my cousin and see If I can talk to Dani. Her intial rehab is up tomorrow.

God Bless you all for your kind hearts. :smile:

God Bless you y Dani. many people are praying for your well being.
Amen. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Dear Brother & Friend Joer

You an those you Love an Love you are allways in my thots an Prayers .
Espec this Holiday Season of Giveing for Dani and Family .
I Pray that your liveing faith will keep you and loved ones strong .
I Pray that she will see just How much see IS LOVED & Needed By So many . May The Father of lights lite the Paths to see How to Help Her SEE .
That she is Loved by our Father and his children .
AMEN ~ In Jesus name May it Be So .

Faith son
Coop

1 Kings 19 (Amplified Bible)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

I can See Mary reading this to her Child Jesus .

That Still Small Voice .

1 Kings 19
1AHAB TOLD Jezebel all that Elijah had done and how he had slain all the prophets [of Baal] with the sword.
2Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow.

3Then he was afraid and arose and went for his life and came to Beersheba of Judah [over eighty miles, and out of Jezebel's realm] and left his servant there.

4But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a lone broom or juniper tree and asked that he might die. He said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am no better than my fathers.

5As he lay asleep under the broom or juniper tree, behold, an angel touched him and said to him, Arise and eat.

6He looked, and behold, there was a cake baked on the coals, and a bottle of water at his head. And he ate and drank and lay down again.

7The angel of the Lord came the second time and touched him and said, Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.

8So he arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and nights to Horeb, the mount of God.

9There he came to a cave and lodged in it; and behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and He said to him, What are you doing here, Elijah?

10He replied, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the Israelites have forsaken Your covenant, thrown down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I, I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11And He said, Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord. And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;

12And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice.

13When Elijah heard the voice, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, What are you doing here, Elijah?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

For Joer & Dani
Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above,
the entire prayer reads as follows:

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

I AM thinking of you both Bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank You Cooper!

Bless your good heart. And have a wonderful Christmas.

Dani's back home. I haven't got through to her or her mom yet. But I pray they are doing the best they can.

Dani's cousin Alexa gave me some of her grandpa’s videos edited and put on DVD. I watch them all today. That camping trip I went on with them was on it. It was wonderful seeing all my old family and friends again. Many of whom have since passed on. I pray they are all well in God's Hands. And I look forward to our family reunion again in our accent to God.

Bless you Coop and all on this site. God living in and through you will touch the world. :smile: Again....and again...and again... until ALL His/Her children are with Him/Her. Amen/Awomen. :smile:

Thanks Coop! :o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]