Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:09 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prayer of Thanksgiving
PostPosted:  

Feelingly, Father, we come to you as your children, your own offspring. We come to you in trust of your overcare, in anticipation of your graciousness, your loving-kindness, your nurturing attitude toward us, your creations.

We feel secure in your company, Father. We realize that you are not angry with us, that you love us and that you find joy in our accomplishments and you encourage us in our learning processes. We love you, Father, and we feel gratitude that we can share our life with you.

We are also grateful, Father, and joyous, in the knowledge that we have the association of each other here in the flesh, that we can appreciate that we are not alone but that we have one another with whom to share our human experience as we come to be more Godlike and to understand how that feels.

In full appreciation of the example that was set by our very dear and very beloved Father/Brother Michael, we pray.

Amen.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you, Gerdean for sharing such beauty! (And thank you also for the sharing you do via the HarpOfGod and other channels. I have received much help and upliftment from these!)

Love & Blessings ~

Julie

..and here is a prayer I would like to share:

We thank you Father that you have revealed to us your protective universal light;

that within this light is complete protection from all destructive forces;

that the Holy Spirit of Your Presence permeates us in this light,

and wherever we will the light to descend.

We thank you Father that you fill us with your protective fires of Love;

that within this love is complete protection from all destructive thoughts and feelings;

that the consciousness of Christ is lifted up in us in this love,

and wherever we will the love to be enflamed.

We thank you Father that you are in us and we are in you;

that through us Your Will is sent forth on wings of power;

that Your Purpose is accomplished on earth as it is in heaven;

that through us Your Light and Love and Power

is manifest to all the Sons and Daughters of Mankind.

<From 4Winds>

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
So you have two Thanks Givings in the US each year... so what is the history behind this one... or have i asked this question before last year... Is it about the Brits invading..... the reliable web will tell me....

Happy Thanks Giving to all....

Love Sarah xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you, Julie. That's very kind of you to say.

Sarah, no, we only have one Thanksgiving Day in the US. It is the fourth Thursday of November every year. Stories vary as to its historical origin. The traditional story has to do with a celebration between the settlers and the native Americans, but some say has to do with Pilgrims celebrating a successful massacre of an entire Indian settlement. The national holiday has eventuated, however, into a celebration with family and friends of the bounties of the harvest.

And tomorrow is traditionally the biggest shopping day of the year! -- kicking off the Christmas shopping season. My prayer for tomorrow is something like: "God, keep me off the streets and out of the stores so I don't get run over and/or spend more than I can afford on a bunch of stuff that nobody needs. But rather, help me remember the reason for the season which is the birth of Jesus, our Lord, in our hearts. Amen."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean, Sohourner, Tasneem. God's blessings with you and all our brothers and sisters of the world.

Peace be with you and your loved ones this day and always. Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh Holy Mother God, Spirit of all that exists. In you we find our life. In you all Life is derived. Together with our Creator Son Jesus I give you thanks for our life and our being. May we live to serve you in the Good Way we live our lives. In joy and peacefulness and in the presence and Being of Our Father's Love which pervades us all. I give you thanks for our gift. I give you thanks for our challenge. I give you thanks for your love which is our strength to meet and grow from any challenge we meet.

On this day of rest and celebration with family and loved ones let us be reminded of your cooperation with each other in the Love of creating, guiding your creation and Loving your creation. In your Love let us thank you for this feast and our celebration of LIFE.

Amen/Awomen. :-) thank you my loved ones of God.
:smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi all....
Thanks Gerdean for the information, i was thinking 4th of July was thanksgiving too.
The 11 thread has been locked, just wanted to say to Iris, thanks again for your nice words, you are always too kind to me... I don't understand why some of the folks are so unkind to one another, and Lwatkins never censors them (coop and Bill) only censors the ones who defend themselves from being attacked....would help to respect people's personal beliefs, as a newbie to the Urantia book, there are many far out passages in there that by far exceed any claims to being prompted by midwayers with numbers etc...

Iris, i was amused when i read this:

Quote:
I did an experiment with my own family. When my kids were younger, to keep them occupied while traveling, I had them count cars with one headlight out. Frankly, none of us ever noticed "popeye cars" before doing this. Suddenly there were scores of them. Now we see them all the time. Were they not there before or are we just tuned into seeing them? Try looking for silver cars the next time you're out. Suddenly there will be hundreds. If you fixate on it, you will see them everywhere you go and you might even begin to believe that they have a message for you.

Lol how did you know that i look at silver cars all the time, my favourite car colour, i keep eyeing them up in garages and on the road, especially the big land rover types... O:) And i did actually receive a message on a silver car, only recently, i received a brilliant prompt and next to it were the words "Hi"... Hey how did ya know that Iris.... :lol:

Take care... love you too....

Love Sarah xxx

Last edited by Tasneem on Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:12 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Hey how did ya know that Iris.

We all have silver cars in this house. It's the first color I thought of. I'm no psychic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

iris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL

That's what I always say.

I did noticed the thread was locked. I was going to post our tought for the day. I thought it would be positive for all.

Love One Another

"... the evidence to all the world that you have been born of the spirit is that you sincerely love one another."

Jesus,
The Urantia Book,
Page 1601 (142:5.4)
Click to read more.

God Bless you all my friends and who post and visit at this site. I pray that the less fortunate in the world also benefited from our Thanksgiving celebration. May we be generous in our helping of the poor and less fortunate. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Quote me:

Quote:
Lwatkins never censors them (coop and Bill) only censors the ones who defend themselves from being attacked....would help to respect people's personal beliefs...

Joer requests that we Love one another.... I just want to apologise to Co-op and Bill for the above... i just dragged any names off that thread, infact i haven't even read the thread properly .... Sorry guys...

Love Sarah xxx

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]