Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Note on this topic:
People who have an upbringing with a specific evolutionary religion will probably do better with this topic than Children whose parents have raised them in the security of Urantian Biblical teaching their whole lifetimes. But anyone with experience with this or that Religious community is invited for participation.

If you have ever thought that a religious Community gave a specific name for what essentially is the Thought Adjuster, then I am praying you will participate.

Let's not try to debate them too much!
Here is the format I want you to use:
NAME OF RELIGIOUS SECT:(colon) the name this community uses when individuals testify about the Thought Adjuster

I'll go first:
AMERICAN BAPTIST: "Inner Light" or "God's Inner Light that Shines from within every God-knowing Heart"

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

In India, the Hindu tradition identify what is called the 'Antaratma' or 'Antar Atman' meaning the Inner Spirit. In my own native language, Malayalam, people usually talk about 'Manasakshi' meaning the 'witness of mind' .

It is generally believed in India that the Antaratma or the Manasakshi is the force that is within everyone that advices one about good or bad.

If one has done some wrong, people say he or she did not listen to his or her 'Manasakshi' or 'Antaratma'.

Thought Adjuster is therefore to be considered as the god that is in you and me !

PostPosted:  

Hmm...that sounds more like conscience, Rajan:

...Do not confuse and confound the mission and influence of the Adjuster with what is commonly called conscience; they are not directly related. Conscience is a human and purely psychic reaction. It is not to be despised, but it is hardly the voice of God to the soul, which indeed the Adjuster's would be if such a voice could be heard. Conscience, rightly, admonishes you to do right; but the Adjuster, in addition, endeavors to tell you what truly is right; that is, when and as you are able to perceive the Monitor's leading.... P.1207 - §7

...There really is a true and genuine inner voice, that "true light which lights every man who comes into the world." And this spirit leading is distinct from the ethical prompting of human conscience.... P.1104 - §3

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Hmm...that sounds more like conscience, Rajan:

...Do not confuse and confound the mission and influence of the Adjuster with what is commonly called conscience; they are not directly related. Conscience is a human and purely psychic reaction. It is not to be despised, but it is hardly the voice of God to the soul, which indeed the Adjuster's would be if such a voice could be heard. Conscience, rightly, admonishes you to do right; but the Adjuster, in addition, endeavors to tell you what truly is right; that is, when and as you are able to perceive the Monitor's leading.... P.1207 - §7

...There really is a true and genuine inner voice, that "true light which lights every man who comes into the world." And this spirit leading is distinct from the ethical prompting of human conscience.... P.1104 - §3

Yes, this is some thing that I had noted while reading the UB.
But the line of differentiation between the inner conscience and the TA is so thin that it is difficult for ordinary folks to get it fully.
In the case of the Mystery Monitor, there exists a possibility of higher spiritual consciousness if we make consistent efforts to gain it. But in what way that is different in this life is a matter of guess. We need to hear from those who have experienced such a level of contact with their TAs.

PostPosted:  

I refer to my Thought Adjuster as "the Father Within".

PostPosted:  

My Paradise Partner!

PostPosted:  

FIFTH EPOCHAL REVELATION: Mystery Monitor, Father Fragment

NEW TESTAMENT APPRECIATORS: Spirit of God Within You

QUAKERS: God Within You

SWEDES: Director, Path Leader or Straight Path Guide (translated)

JON ANDERSON: Architect of Life

MYSELF: Author of Infinite Dimensional Landscapes

PostPosted:  

Consider reading this quarter's Urantia Association International "Journal" - good articles on the Thought Adjuster, spirit circuitry, and the upcoming Parliament of World Religions which will be cooperatively attended by the Foundation, the Association, and the Fellowship, as in years past.

http://urantia-association.org/wp-conte ... 22_No2.pdf

8)