Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Planetary Service
PostPosted:  

When a mortal becomes God-conscious, a piece of planetary potential of the Supreme is realized. So striving and becoming God-conscious as mortals truly serve the Almighty.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Planetary Service
PostPosted:  

I had to have a long group discourse on the "Supreme" issue, in order to fully understand what the U.B. was attempting to say to me in that regard, I found it to be one of the amazing insight the U.B. opened my eyes to that no other Faith had a concept for...wow what a wonderful relationship we have with God for such a powerful transformation to be taking place.

PostPosted:  

Anything anybody wants to share on the Supreme would be of supreme interest to me. I would love to hear other people's perspectives on what the Evolving God means to them. In what way is it "real" to you ... experientially? philosophically? actually? theoretically?

PostPosted:  

117:6.8 All soul-evolving humans are literally the evolutionary sons of God the Father and God the Mother, the Supreme Being. But until such time as mortal man becomes soul-conscious of his divine heritage, this assurance of Deity kinship must be faith realized. Human life experience is the cosmic cocoon in which the universe endowments of the Supreme Being and the universe presence of the Universal Father (none of which are personalities) are evolving the morontia soul of time and the human-divine finaliter character of universe destiny and eternal service.

i don't remember the supreme being called a mother before, that's interesting. my morontia soul is evolving to service.

TonyMa wrote:
When a mortal becomes God-conscious, a piece of planetary potential of the Supreme is realized. So striving and becoming God-conscious as mortals truly serve the Almighty.

PostPosted:  

Here comes a flash of insight for a landing ...

Now I am seeing God the Father as a "stay-at-home" Dad while God the Mother, as the Evolving Supreme, is out there in the field, working night and day on the job ... but also scooping up tonsa fun, experiential living, quality growth, meaningful passtimes and occasional bling!

Life can be so wonderful
And amusing

PostPosted:  

HI ALL 8)

Sister Gerdean ~ Yeah Thats the Ticket !
Your flash of insight Rings True .

'' Human life experience is the cosmic cocoon in which the universe endowments of the Supreme Being and the universe presence of the Universal Father (none of which are personalities) ''

(none of which are personalities) :?:
I Allways Thought That ONLY Personalities
Can KNOW And BE KNOWN
By Each Others Personalities.

Does this statement Mean or Is Saying That
THE Supreme Being and the Universal Father
ARE NOT Personalities ?

OR Im Misunderstanding IT

And That WHAT Its Saying IS ...

That
the universe endowments of the Supreme Being

and the universe presence of the Universal Father

Are A Active and Alive Cosmic Force .

I Think Thats It ... Yes ? :wink:
NO ?
Maybe ?

PostPosted:  

Yeah okay ...
FATHERS PERSONALITY

1:2.1 God is primal reality in the spirit world; God is the source of truth in the mind spheres; God overshadows all throughout the material realms. To all created intelligences God is a personality, and to the universe of universes he is the First Source and Center of eternal reality. God is neither manlike nor machinelike. The First Father is universal spirit, eternal truth, infinite reality, and father personality.

6:7.1 The Eternal Son is that infinite personality from whose unqualified personality fetters the Universal Father escaped by the technique of trinitization, and by virtue of which he has ever since continued to bestow himself in endless profusion upon his ever-expanding universe of Creators and creatures. The Son is absolute personality; God is father personality — the source of personality, the bestower of personality, the cause of personality. Every personal being derives personality from the Universal Father just as the Original Son eternally derives his personality from the Paradise Father.

7:7.2 The character of God could not possibly be intrinsically improved upon in the person of the Son, for the divine Father is infinitely perfect, but that character and personality are amplified, by divestment of the nonpersonal and nonspiritual, for revelation to creature beings. The First Source and Center is much more than a personality, but all of the spirit qualities of the father personality of the First Source and Center are spiritually present in the absolute personality of the Eternal Son.

9:8.10 The Father bestows personality by his personal free will. Why he does so we can only conjecture; how he does so we do not know. Neither do we know why the Third Source bestows non-Father personality, but this the Infinite Spirit does in his own behalf, in creative conjunction with the Eternal Son and in numerous ways unknown to you. The Infinite Spirit can also act for the Father in the bestowal of First Source personality.

10:1.5 For these and other reasons beyond the concept of the finite mind, it is exceedingly difficult for the human creature to comprehend God’s infinite father-personality except as it is universally revealed in the Eternal Son and, with the Son, is universally active in the Infinite Spirit.

10:2.4 The First Source and Center is the infinite father-personality, the unlimited source personality. The Eternal Son is the unqualified personality-absolute, that divine being who stands throughout all time and eternity as the perfect revelation of the personal nature of God. The Infinite Spirit is the conjoint personality, the unique personal consequence of the everlasting Father-Son union.

10:2.5 The personality of the First Source and Center is the personality of infinity minus the absolute personality of the Eternal Son. The personality of the Third Source and Center is the superadditive consequence of the union of the liberated Father-personality and the absolute Son-personality.

PostPosted:  

I Was just thinking About The Mother GOD , The Supreme Being
And While Trying To Better Understand HER
I Rememberd and thought about
SOPHIA

I Found This To Be A Interesting Article About Sophia
The History and varied Beliefs and Concepts Etcetera
It Helpd Me In My Mortal Limited Understanding of The
Mother GOD , The Supreme Being AKA SOPHIA .

Sis Gerdean ~ Im Sincerly Interested On Your Thoughts
And Shareing Insights Of This , As Well As From Any Other
Faith Daughters Of GOD .

Yeah MEN Too I Guess ...

http://northernway.org/sophia.html

I Just Started reading this , and So Far Its Fascinating
and Enlightening ...

Read entire article Sophia: Exile and Return
http://wisdomsgoldenrod.org/publication ... sop112.pdf

Sophia:
Exile & Return Excerpt:
Sophia personifies wisdom, an ancient tradition concerned with integrity in the marketplace, politics, and royal court. Because the teachings were rooted in life instead of doctrine, Sophia became problematical and excluded from the religious formulations of monotheism. This manuscript is about exile--Sophia's and our own. I compare Sophia's exile from mainstream religion to the alienation suffered by modern individuals who experience loss, betrayal, and abandonment. What is exiled in today's dysfunctional paradigm is the vital soul, the genius or daemon. When we pay attention to it by taking our life seriously--as a mode of knowledge--we awaken its fire. The vital expresses the integrity and intelligence of the life force, whose awakening turns exile into home--revealing Sophia to be not divine but the source of divine images--the human psyche. While Sophia has been interpreted as divine, goddess or psychological image, she is examined here from several unique perspectives. First, Sophia is developed from the context of modern life and real people, but in conversation with the historical and mythological. Second, the dark side is confronted through analysis of Sophia's "Other" faces, Lilith and Hecate, locating it as the source of individual power and knowledge. Third, it provides modern women with an image of female power that is not based solely on reproduction and mothering but on another aspect of the feminine archetype rarely discussed--the intelligence and cosmic power of the life force. Finally, it introduces the "path of crumbs" which encourages women to direct their own life through recognition of the guidance present in circumstances. ''

Read entire article Sophia: Exile and Return