Church or University
Poll ended at Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:51 pm +0000
Church 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
University 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Minor points
PostPosted:  

Thanks you for the question.

I am 25 years old. My experience with planing projects is good at best but during the real estate boom I would find property create a "plan of attack" for them including financing and what could be built there, so on and would sell them. Made 10K here and there but that's it. I am self educated, I have a HS diploma but after that I just lost interest and went out on my own made money lost it made it back lost it again. My story is quite interesting, I was homeless at 17 and worked my way though and now I'm ok but I did come from nothing. The way I always think is big I never say can with a T and just keep a positive outlook on the projects I pursue.

I do now see the value of education though I wish I did go to school I am happy with the street smarts and ambition I learned the way I've done it. but a run for president would be tough and I think anyone should go to school but somehow learn what I've learned too. I think this plan is a great way to do that. I'm not embarrassed about not going to school I have many friends in high and low places thanks to my ambitions and I think I can do anything I wish to. But there are some things about UU I won't understand and I know I will need help. But that's a good thing its the world's school there should be others involved. Thanks for asking.

As for the money the process will look like this.
once a group of trustees are formed a non profit will be opened. the Trustees will hold funds in the company and use them for any projects needed to build the school. after the school is built and the staff is hired the funds will be in control of a treasury or accounting department of the admin. But money has to go through the legislative process to be destributed, and the department will oversee this distribution. So the admin will hold it but the "voters" will spend it.

Admin just is the right place for it and untill then, a company with trustees is the only way to keep things honest...I think.

Love

NAB

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Boy, I'm so glad this thread is still alive! Been so busy, ya know.

At any rate, I think this is the best idea I have seen for a larger scale spreading of the message of the UB. Better than spamming the internet, better than the "Urantia church", better than anything!

Man, I am so pumped!

A "University" would lend the credence which is so lacking in the cult-like church aspect. Word of mounth is still better, and living the life is the best, but a University. all I can say is WOW!
:razz:
Al

PostPosted:  

Hey world - o - UB! I have been working my tail off. I now work in the house of delegates in the Maryland general assembly. I crafted a few laws with the delegate I work for, with the UB on my mind. So if you live in Maryland you know you have one UBer up in Annapolis doing somthing right. I have plans to either run for office in the 39th legislative district or help a state senator for the next 4 years. I wanted to seek some support from the UB community please send me some feedback, we can make things right.

on the case for UU I think I have found a decent plot of land, owned by DC government in the most likey of places, my home town of Glen Dale MD. The grounds used to be a hospital ages ago but the buildings are so old they cant be torn down due to espestos. Good thing too the land is prime. I can have some power or influence over the fate of the land there from Annapolis. So team we have a location, I can work on getting the land but we need more to build a school.

Any support would help if team members would like to discuss things, we can have a phone conference. I set up a system for my campaign. I know Ive been MIA but not NIA (Not in Action).

With love,

NAB

PostPosted:  

8) A man of action it seems. Keep it up!

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Last Saturday's Cosmic Citizen program is an interview of Elisabeth Callahan and Tim Hobbs, both of whom are on the board of directors for the Urantia University -- you can catch the latest update of what's going on with the University by listening to this broadcast at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cosmicciti ... ic-citizen
Larry

PostPosted:  

Yes, the group working on the UU is doing a great job. I think that over the course of this undertaking we will merge or at the very least share ideas. I think that its a good Idea to have them work on this too.

I will say that the University of Urantia is just like the University of Maryland, a school you get a degree in. But like Catholic schools or the like, U of U would be a Urantia Book based program. So its a step above the current UU concept, but I dont think that us working together is bad, NOT AT ALL. At the end they exist, I'm a dream right now, so they work up I work down. Sounds familiar............

Thanks friends for your help with the idea. really, once I saw the turn out I figured its worth fighting for. I've had many battles to fight to get here but we are better off then last year. Anymore help or phone calls volunteers please let me know. Also, I believe I am going to run for office in Maryland and have a good shot at the win, I need your support. Once I finalize the details of the campaign I'll post this on the main page.

NAB

PostPosted:  

I'm sorry I can't get involved with your politics. I am totally in favor of what you are doing, but I was wondering if and when the UU becomes a reality, would there be any such thing as an extension program on line where I may take the course curriculum and get the credits? Will public speaking and class participation be a requirement? Will there be different types of degrees such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science? Will there be any direction toward the spreading of the teachings, or will it be just a knowledge based degree? Has the idea progressed this far yet? Who will be designing the curricula? How may I help in this endeavor? Sorry for all the?
Bob.

PostPosted:  

For those interested in online study, there already exists UBIS, a free educational enterprise sponored by the Foundation.

http://www.urantia.org/en/education-publications/urantia-book-internet-school-ubis

Good Studyin', Rick

PostPosted:  

UBIS is great IF you can get in. They have limited enrollment.

PostPosted:  

Not sure how quickly classes will fill up Gerdean,

But Dorothy (the school's director) sent out an invitation to matriculate yesterday:

Quote:

We are happy to announce that the April 2010 Semester will be presented on the new Urantia Book Internet School website!! We hope you will be interested in joining us in study and fellowship this semester. Registration begins on Monday, April 12. The website address is the same: http://www.urantiabookschool.org

For your information, here is the UBIS April 2010 Semester

SCHEDULE OF COURSES

THEMATIC STUDY

Course Title: Personality: A Unique Gift from God

PAPERS 1, 12, 56, 112 and additional selected sections

Course Description: An in-depth study of what personality is and where it comes from; of defining personality by its attributes and how it functions; a fascinating probe into the realities of eternal individuality.

Teacher/Facilitator: Ray Gardini

Pesonal Bio: Formerly a small business entrepreneur, Ray is retired and lives in Akron, Ohio. He attended Borromeo Seminary, graduated from John Carroll University and studied at L’Universite de Montpellier. Ray has been a dedicated reader of The Urantia Book for over twenty years.

PART FOUR

Course Title: Discourses and Sermons of Jesus - v 2

Papers 130, 133, 159, 180

Course Description: This course explores selected Papers containing the words of Jesus to stimulate the contemplation and deep discussion that inspires a better understanding of the Master's teachings. (v1 covered Papers 140, 144, 148, 155)

Teacher/Facilitator: Mary Steigerwald
Personal Bio: Mary is the mother of three grown daughters and lives in the mountains of northern New Mexico where she maintains a wilderness retreat center. She has been studying The Urantia Book for 17 years.
----------------------------------

For the new members of this list who may not know, the Urantia Book Internet School is an educational outreach program of the Urantia Foundation.

In friendship,
Dorothy Elder
Director, UBIS

http://www.urantia.org/en/education-publications/urantia-book-internet-school-ubis

PostPosted:  

Yes, I received it in my e-mailbox this morning. Thanks. Best wishes!