Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Ongoing Project
PostPosted:  

Ongoing R&D

To my dear friends,

This “Service With a Smile” posting relates to an ongoing collaborative project of research and development involving the evolution of a unified socio-religious community, inspired by (but not “about”) the FER.

Contrary to the misconceptions and scarecrows which tend to be bandied about, this community (which “cannot be manufactured; it must grow”) will not be a religion, a religious sect, or an “Urantian church” based upon the FER. Rather, it will evolve over time as a self-governing ‘chaordic’ network of independent religionists and grassroots home-based fellowships unified through commonly held spiritual “ideals and purposes” instead of creeds, dogmas, doctrines, or claims of sacred texts and ecclesiastic authority.

With appreciation for the sponsors and administrators of this forum who have graciously provided the opportunity to post this (and a previous, related) service notice, I request that we refrain from engaging in drawn-out debate over its detailed particulars out of respect for the scope of TruthBook’s mission/purpose. If someone feels a need for a soapbox to express their generalized objections, I submit that an appropriate separate forum category should be utilized so that this service notice is not driven into the “ditch of tangency”, as has occurred so often.

It’s clear that a responsible and intelligent examination of the complexities involved in this long-term project requires a focused venue wherein sincere participants share their views and insights in an atmosphere of mutual love and service. Site administrators and forum moderators at http://www.amodeus.net/forums will be tasked with ensuring polite and rational exchange.

These cooperative discussions will thoroughly address worshipful and service oriented ideals and purposes, the pros and cons of religious socialization according to the FER, our epochal responsibility, how the place of Christ Michael in our Father’s spiritual kingdom might appropriately extend to socio-religious faith-community, seeding and supporting grassroots faith-fellowships, progressively self-governing organizational networking, inter-religious and social outreach, and much more.

If you feel called to contribute to this discussion or have specific questions related thereto, please contact me via PM or email and I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.

May we lift up our hearts to the Lord with a smile,
loving him for his own sake
and loving one another as he loves us.
A Dios,
Michael Brent

Last edited by urantiavista on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:21 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Ongoing Project
PostPosted:  

I went to AmoDeus to register but it would not accept my application. It wanted me to enter my email address twice, which I did, but it kept telling me I had to enter it twice. It was right there! Why do computers do that? I guess I ought to know what my own email address is. I now have to re-compose my comments. (Sigh.) I will take a deep breath, remember it is just a machine, and try again later. Just so you know. I am very interested in this project. It's what my novel was about. Socio-spiritual community.

Post subject: Re: Ongoing Project
PostPosted:  

Hi Gerdean,

Your interest is noted. If anyone has these types of problems, I ask that they please contact me via PM or email so that we can handle these mundane, and other, issues off-thread.

Thanks, and God bless,
Michael Brent