Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Too bad... I was optimistic about the "Brotherhood of Man"... now I am beginning to see how sad it really is... God help us!

I believe He will.
We all here are just beiing human and eventually we'll all grow up.
I don't think the Father holds that against us, why should we hold it against each other? 8)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Be not discouraged; human evolution is still in progress, and the revelation of God to the world, in and through Jesus, shall not fail. O:) p2097

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks bulldog

That's both encouraging and hopeful... maybe it also should have said

"Be not impatient!"

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
p1864:8 170:5.8 But doubt not, this same kingdom of heaven which the Master taught exists within the heart of the believer, will yet be proclaimed to this Christian church, even as to all other religions, races, and nations on earth—even to every individual.

p1865:7 170:5.17 The concept of Jesus is still alive in the advanced religions of the world. Paul's Christian church is the socialized and humanized shadow of what Jesus intended the kingdom of heaven to be—and what it most certainly will yet become.

p1866:1 170:5.18 And so, for centuries, the Christian church has labored under great embarrassment because it dared to lay claim to those mysterious powers and privileges of the kingdom, powers and privileges which can be exercised and experienced only between Jesus and his spiritual believer brothers. And thus it becomes apparent that membership in the church does not necessarily mean fellowship in the kingdom; one is spiritual, the other mainly social.

p1866:4 170:5.21 Mistake not! there is in the teachings of Jesus an eternal nature which will not permit them forever to remain unfruitful in the hearts of thinking men. The kingdom as Jesus conceived it has to a large extent failed on earth; for the time being, an outward church has taken its place; but you should comprehend that this church is only the larval stage of the thwarted spiritual kingdom, which will carry it through this material age and over into a more spiritual dispensation where the Master's teachings may enjoy a fuller opportunity for development. Thus does the so-called Christian church become the cocoon in which the kingdom of Jesus' concept now slumbers. The kingdom of the divine brotherhood is still alive and will eventually and certainly come forth from this long submergence, just as surely as the butterfly eventually emerges as the beautiful unfolding of its less attractive creature of metamorphic development.

Post subject: Re: future project
PostPosted:  

I think that one should be formed...but not yet. I think that a church at this particular time will simply segregate us from the rest of the world instead of provide for the realization of the Brotherhood of Man. I would prefer to see groups of readers from all religious backgrounds using the teachings of the Urantia Book to enrich their own religion and culture instead of replacing them. The fact is, the religions of authority seek to divide men. The religion of the Spirit seeks to unite men in their purpose, not necessarily in their intellectual views.

PostPosted:  

sherya mathur wrote:
The fact is, the religions of authority seek to divide men. The religion of the Spirit seeks to unite men in their purpose, not necessarily in their intellectual views.

EXACTLY!!! This is why I keep saying that there should not be a "Church" formed and that it was not purposed for there to be a "Church" formed from the epochal revelation. The "authors" made it very clear that it is only inevitable because of the fact that we are human... It is not inevitable because it is "suppose to be that way". They were trying to tell us that we must move past that inevitability through becoming more spiritualized and God-conscious, otherwise we fall into the same inevitable outcome from our ignorance and inability to foster the spiritual inevitabilities: brotherhood of man.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The "authors" made it very clear that it is only inevitable because of the fact that we are human... It is not inevitable because it is "suppose to be that way". They were trying to tell us that we must move past that inevitability through becoming more spiritualized and God-conscious, otherwise we fall into the same inevitable outcome from our ignorance and inability to foster the spiritual inevitabilities: brotherhood of man.

I agree with you Kreneep. But unfortunately, most people in our time will not attain the level of enlightenment as you already have. If all people now has a mind like you have, light and life era would already be at hand. Hence, the inevitability of a “church” establishment. Such is the way of slow evolution. But I believe there is wisdom embedded in it.

Ysmael

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I agree with you Kreneep. But unfortunately, most people in our time will not attain the level of enlightenment as you already have. If all people now has a mind like you have, light and life era would already be at hand. Hence, the inevitability of a “church” establishment. Such is the way of slow evolution. But I believe there is wisdom embedded in it.

Not sure what "level of enlightenment" you think I have, but it does not take a vast degree of enlightenment to realize that the revelators are trying throughout the whole epochal revelation to get us to transcend the "inevitable", the "traditional", and the "primitive way of thought".

195:10.1 Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but what is now most needed is Jesus. The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus' life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself. Jesus' disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience.

195:10.2 The beauty and sublimity, the humanity and divinity, the simplicity and uniqueness, of Jesus' life on earth present such a striking and appealing picture of man-saving and God-revealing that the theologians and philosophers of all time should be effectively restrained from daring to form creeds or create theological systems of spiritual bondage out of such a transcendental bestowal of God in the form of man. In Jesus the universe produced a mortal man in whom the spirit of love triumphed over the material handicaps of time and overcame the fact of physical origin.

"the theologians and philosophers of all time should be effectively restrained from daring to form creeds or create theological systems of spiritual bondage
out of such a transcendental bestowal of God in the form of man"

I would say that the revelators would also say this about the "transcendental" revelation of the Urantia Papers as well...

We need to rise above the "inevitable"... we need to be "LIVING BOOKS", "LIVING CREEDS", "LIVING SYSTEMS" and stop trying to form an institution around every revelation that comes our way... and in this case the Fifth Epochal Revelation.

Awaken out of your unconsciousness people... become ....

PostPosted:  

One of the best ways to become more... is to have a group gathering of like minded people. People that Foster and Augment the best in you, as well you them, if that be a church so be it, or a conference, or what ever... it aids greatly to have a consistent place to fellowship and challenge each other to grow in a common pursuit of goals.

We as well as the rest of the world, is in need of nurturing,... if some one is great at the solo thing more power to them, but the majority of people learn best from those around them. the inter-play of working through thoughts and ideas, taking and shearing of planned actions and the give and take of interaction with each other.

It is a blessed thing to have friends, family... like minded people to take to.

I understand the argument. but there is a middle ground that is healthy and God blessed to pursue.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
One of the best ways to become more... is to have a group gathering of like minded people. People that Foster and Augment the best in you, as well you them, if that be a church so be it, or a conference, or what ever... it aids greatly to have a consistent place to fellowship and challenge each other to grow in a common pursuit of goals.

We as well as the rest of the world, is in need of nurturing,... if some one is great at the solo thing more power to them, but the majority of people learn best from those around them. the inter-play of working through thoughts and ideas, taking and shearing of planned actions and the give and take of interaction with each other.

I understand the argument. but there is a middle ground that is healthy and God blessed to pursue.

I've pretty much stayed out of the fray regarding UB "religion"...there are understandably strong opinions on all sides and doubt if anyone is going to actually change another's mind. I tend to agree more with Al's perception...it will be what it will be, just as our past was what it was and we, as individuals, can only build on what we have learned from that and take care of our little piece of the world...hopefully for the better. I can agree wholeheartedly with JB's latest post.

Enjoy the day!
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

J. Barry wrote:

It is amazing to be so misunderstood... not once have I EVER indicated that it is not a good thing to be together with like-minded people, NOR have I EVER made any kind of statement that "going solo" is the thing to do... Totally amazing to be so misunderstood and have my thoughts twisted into something I have never said!!!

PostPosted:  

Quote:
It is amazing to be so misunderstood... not once have I EVER indicated that it is not a good thing to be together with like-minded people, NOR have I EVER made any kind of statement that "going solo" is the thing to do... Totally amazing to be so misunderstood and have my thoughts twisted into something I have never said!!!

Gee, kreneep, I didn't take JB's post to be anything more than a general summary of his thoughts on this topic...not for or against anyone, not really pro or con. He'll have to respond (or not) for himself but I didn't read anything about you or anything about what you have posted in what he wrote. This thread has been running quite a few months and multiple people have been popping in and out with a variety of comments/thoughts.

Peace :wink:
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

L :smile: ve to all. Greg in BDA here. Sorry I'm late. What was the question again :?:

PostPosted:  

Kreneep wrote:
Quote:
Not sure what "level of enlightenment" you think I have, but it does not take a vast degree of enlightenment to realize that the revelators are trying throughout the whole epochal revelation to get us to transcend the "inevitable", the "traditional", and the "primitive way of thought".

Yes, I think it does take a vast degree of enlightenment to realize what the revelators are saying because they exactly know human nature. Yes, they gave us this magnificent book to try to accelerate our spiritual progress but it probably still take ages for the majority of us to attain that ideal level of enlightenment where we can transcend what you call the “traditional”. Slow evolution has always been the norm and a vast amount of lessons and experiences necessary for the growth of our wisdom will not be denied us. If you already have that wisdom it is better to be patient with your slow learning siblings, me included.

PostPosted:  

jak wrote:
Gee, kreneep, I didn't take JB's post to be anything more than a general summary of his thoughts on this topic...not for or against anyone, not really pro or con. He'll have to respond (or not) for himself but I didn't read anything about you or anything about what you have posted in what he wrote. This thread has been running quite a few months and multiple people have been popping in and out with a variety of comments/thoughts.

Peace :wink:
Jo

NOt sure why I would even bother to comment back to this.... but....

I said "Awaken out of your unconsciousness people... become ...."

JBarry said: "One of the best ways to become more... is to have a group gathering of like minded people. People that Foster and Augment the best in you, as well you them, if that be a church so be it..."

I also have talked about not forming a "church" out of the Urantia Book revelations and JBarry said: "if some one is great at the solo thing more power to them, but the majority of people learn best from those around them."

Jak, I don't just read with my eyes, I read with intuitive and cognitive understanding behind what people are saying on the surface. I don't "read into" what someone says, as you are suggesting... but think as you will.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next