Switch to full style
A place to connect people, projects, experience and ideas and share service formulas.
Topic locked

Studio B

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:42 am +0000

I moved my business office to a new location and there's a big room, seats 70. I built a stage and some cheap lights and put my PA up. In doing so I've created a forum for acoustical musicians and solo performers to play in an other than bar room scenario.

I do an open stage thing on Thursdays and on Fridays I let performers charge a cover, keep the money and put on their own concert. I sell coffee but I've yet to gross $20. Kids don't have much money. I'm learning how to snap my fingers in true beatnik fashion again. :-) A young duo did their first paid gig and made $165!

So far it hasn't interfered with my business and its been a lot of fun. I do hope to sell enough coffee or something to pay for a chaperone other than myself or Gracie. I take the stage every once in a while so I get to feed my ego. I usually play "Hello in There" by John Prine.

After the music is over some of the guys and gals hang around and we discuss life. I think I've got a couple of them convinced they should read Urantia. I'll let y'all know how things evolve.

http://www.myspace.com/studiobdekalb to get a taste. :-)

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:22 pm +0000

Wow, Tramp Swan, I never realized we were so close! I live in Plainfield, IL which is just a stone's throw away from DeKalb on the global scale. :) Maybe one of these days I'll take a little trip out there to check out Studio B and chat a bit.
Topic locked