Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:51 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: About Bill & Share
PostPosted:  

Greetings to Everyone,

The warm welcome we received as new moderators was appreciated and heart warming. Thank you!! Please forgive our faux pas’ as we learn the ropes. Our goal is to be as professional as the experienced moderators here, in as short a time as possible. We were asked to introduce ourselves a bit more, here goes:

The Urantia Book came into our lives 6 weeks after we were married and we were both smitten! That was 36 years, 4 children, and 3 grandchildren ago. We worked hard raising our family and used the Revelation as a guide. During and since that time we also “raised” a successful retail business, of which some of our children now run.

We have been actively involved in study groups since the 70’s. About seven years ago we made a decision to retire early and serve our Father and the Revelation full time. We have been involved in developing and facilitating Spiritual Retreats, Urantia Book Workshops and local Worship Services. We have been on many Conference Committees and Chaired the “InnerLife” Workshop Tracks at the IUA conference in Chicago 2004, the “Experiential Spirituality” Track at IC05 and many Florida Students of The Urantia Book annual conferences. We are currently working on a skit and workshop about the Apostles for the Australian Conference and an angel presentation and workshops for the F.S.U.B. conference, Memorial Day weekend.

While traveling last summer we encountered many Urantia Book readers involved in a variety of service projects and others who were looking for ways to serve. Then came the inspiring “AHA” moment and here we are!

We are excited by the bountiful opportunities that are increasingly available as we learn to see with the eyes of the spirit, and love with an open heart.

I, Bill, will be celebrating my 58th year of coming into God’s awesome creation. My wife just turned 39 this year (wait a minute! That means I married her when she was 3!) Oh well.

Thank you for your patience,
Bill & Share Beasley

"Service...is productive of the highest satisfaction and is expressive of the divinest dignity. Service--more service, increased service, difficult service, adventurous service, and at last divine and perfect service--is the goal of time..." p.316

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Bill and Share,

I have heard of you, I think. You know my friend Theresa Ransbotham? She was a Floridian of many years, before she touched base in the midwest on her way to hook up with Patrick McNelly in California. It seems to me it was she who spoke of having UB-related social events with you folks and speaking glowingly about it. Actually, it could be any one of a number of Urantia women who have made reference to you, but ... yes, I am quite sure of the name "Beasley."

It is nice to meet you. I've also been an active participant in the Urantia revelation, since 1967. I love the idea of service projects and think we ought to all have three or four going at any given time, but sometimes mortals get bogged down in the administration of service projects and the result is that not only the service itself gets lost along the way, but the fellowship of the contracting servers also gets buried in the rubble.

Sometimes, for me, the greatest service I can be is to just stay out of the way! Other times, they can't shut me up.

I had a unique shoppe a few years back. A used, rare and out-of-print book store. It was the best service opportunity I ever had. God provided the location, the materials to build the shelves, even the books. Then the midwayers dragged the people in off the street and we would enjoy many wonderful hours talking about any and all things that would stimulate thought and generate perfection hunger.

I'm looking forward to more on "service with a smile." Thanks for taking up the yoke.

Post subject: About Bill & Share
PostPosted:  

Hello,

Welcome, I am a dollar and a day late but its nice to have ya aboard. I like your friendly sty :mrgreen: le.

Wendell

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'll send my Aloha's to you both. I am sure you will be a great asset to this great site....

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Greetings from Tulsa. In my many years of reading the UB, I've never had the opportunity to attend any group meetings. I look forward to the time when I do have an opportunity to chat face-to-face with all those that I've met here at TruthBook. Best wishes with this new project of yours and welcome to TruthBook.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Share & Bill,

Just a note of appreciation -- I enjoyed reading your article in the Summer 2006 Fellowship Herald. It gave some good background on the purpose for this forum.

Larry

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]