Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:55 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rules of the Road
PostPosted:  

This looks to be an interesting and important addition to these boards and I wonder publicly if the posting of any rules of the road have been considered. Perhaps these rules will evolve and grow in time, however, are there any beginning words of counsel that might be shared?

ANSWERS FROM BILL & SHARE ARE CAPITALIZED BELOW:

Are the projects limited to altruistic endeavors or are posting of business projects acceptable?
ALTRUISTIC ENDEAVORS ONLY PLEASE.

Are psychic projects, perceived by the person posting as spiritual projects, acceptable?
NO.

Any rules on recruiting personnel to your project?
THE MAIN IDEA IS TO CONNECT, RATHER THAN RECRUIT MUTUALLY MINDED PARTIES. ALTHOUGH, SOME PROJECTS MAY NEED VOLUNTEERS, SO LET'S WAIT AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS.

Any guidelines on the solicitation of funds?
THE IS NOT PARTICULARLY A FUND RAISING SIGHT. WE ARE NOT OPPOSED TO SPECIFIC PROJECTS THAT ARE SPONSORED BY URANTIA RELATED 501C (IRS) ORGANIZATIONS RAISING FUNDS. WE WILL BE ALERT TO INAPPROPRIATE ACTIVITIES.

Thanks in advance for assistance in getting started.
PLEASE ASK MORE QUESTIONS, IF AND WHEN NEEDED. THANK YOU!

All the best, Ray [/b]

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi all,

Good idea for a new forum. Good reply Ray, fine questions.

And greetings to Share & Bill. Ya'll must be somebody or know somebody. Ya'll registered only on Feb 22nd and have no posts on the forum, yet ya'll a given a moderator's post. Perhaps ya'll can come by and introduce yourselves and say a few words so we can get to know you. 8)

Welcome to Truthbook !

Woody

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello Ray & Woody,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, quick response and pertinent questions!

As you noticed we are new moderators to the Truthbook site so please bear with us as we learn to navigate.

Ray, hopefully our announcement about the purpose of this board will help to understand the aim of this forum.

Proper thought will be put into the answers to your questions over the next few days and another announcement will follow, along with additional questions and answers. It is past 10: PM here and althought all available spiritual influences are doing the best they can to keep me on track I'm starting to feel like the apostles who were keeping watch with Jesus in Gethsemane. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Thank you,
Blessings
Bill

"Service...is productive of the highest satisfaction and is expressive of the divinest dignity. Service--more service, increased service, difficult service, adventurous service, and at last divine and perfect service--is the goal of time..." p.316

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

As a member of the Baha'i faith for 20 yrs, I found the Urantia Book 2 yrs ago.

I thought it would be a great service to influence UB people to investigate the Baha'i Faith (which teaches Unity of Mankind, gender equality, need for an international language, etc). Many UB principles are in the Baha'i Faith.

On the other hand, I have shared UB with a few Baha'is. One or two have shown an interest in UB. Here are a few things I have observed.

The Baha'i Faith offers children classes, retreats, etc. These things cannot be possible for UB people simply posting UB stuff. Thus, the big value of the Baha'i Faith for spiritual people who desire a face-to-face community.

On the other hand, UB is a cosmology that relates physical AND spiritual history in a way NO religion can. UB discusses ALL THINGS (incl religion, government, the family, Jesus). UB people can look at religions from the outside. UB people may not want to join a religious oraganization, period.

Baha'is have so many Baha'i things to do I am not sure UB will 'grab them' (altho it grabbed me).

HOWEVER I am offering that there is a Connection between Baha'i and Christ Michael. No way to prove it. I accept it.
In His Service, :idea:

Post subject: Rules of the Road
PostPosted:  

Good Morning,

Answers to Ray's very good questions are in the body of his post.

Does anyone else have questions they would like to see addressed?

At Your Service,
Share & Bill

"Service...is productive of the highest satisfaction and is expressive of the divinest dignity. Service--more service, increased service, difficult service, adventurous service, and at last divine and perfect service--is the goal of time..." p.316

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aha! You remind me, a young man in Indiana suggested readers donate Urantia Books to Goodwill. Think about it...

A little thought about being vegetarian versus carnivorous: it's unlikely we will ever have an opportunity to eat meat again.
P.S. We were vegetarian for about 5 years, lifestyles changed and so did eating practices, mainly due to time constraints.

I believe spirituality is about how you treat people and diet is about health.

Thank you for your challenge to UB readers to come out of the closet!

Loving, unselfish service, exhibiting the fruits of the spirit...that gets attention. People arn't interested in what we say until they are impressed by how we live. Jesus personally transformed so many people by exhibiting unconditional love (brotherhood) and fearless faith in God (Fatherhood). Loving service and forgiving tolerance to our fellows is much easier said than done.

Now there's a challenge!

In Love,

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Good comments, Share.

Some of us want to 'shout from the rooftops,' don't we?? One of my favorite characters is Albert Schweitzer. He decided in his twenties that he wanted to do some 'shouting' of his own. Here is what he did:
He went to medical school at age 30 (already had a Ph.D. in theology!). He became a doctor - and left for service in Africa at age 37 (in 1913). He arrived in west Africa with no fanfare. Slowly and surely he built a clinic in a place that had no medical facilities.

When Albert died in 1965 at age 90, he had accomplished hugely in the worlds of scholarship, medicine, music. His 'shouting' took YEARS and YEARS !!!!!!!!
But he achieved much. Nobel Prize plus.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]