Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

Hi friends, Noticed this announcment on another site and it sounds like a great idea. Wanted to share it with you. Have permission from Paula to post.

Relevant excerpts with paraphrasing:

We want to tell you about an exciting project called Pipeline of Light. This is a combined effort by members of the Urantia Book Fellowship, the Urantia Foundation and unaffliated UB readers holding hands to help spread the revelation to the rest of the world.

The P of L was launched 3 years ago and is managed by the Fellowship to address the enormous demand for the UB in countries where readers cannot afford them. When I (article writer) heard the story of a group of 70 readers in South America who were sharing 11 books between them, I knew I would be irresistably drawn to this project. Groups of readers are studying the revelation under extrordinary circumstances. How fortunate we are to be blessed with the resources to help them.

Here in the U.S., where most of us can purchase books whenever we please, interest in the revelation grows slowly. Conversely, in countries where interest in the UB is growing rapidly, the price of a UB may be several week's wages or more. It is ironic that in countries where per capita income hovers near $100 per month, the retail price of a UB can be 2 or 3 times what we pay in the states.

The P of L Project provides a flow of donated books in every available language to areas where readers can otherwise only dream of owning a personal copy. In the past year, Pipeline has delivered books to Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine, India, Nigeria, Senegal, Mexico, Costa Rica, Pakistan, Palestine, Chile, Argentina, El Salvador, Malaysia, Venezuela, Myanmar and Columbia.

Here is how it works. Word is received of needed books by project members by various contact means. Pipeline volunteers (which include Paula Thompson and David Kantor) order the books from Tamara Wood at the U Foundation which makes every effort to give Pipeline a generous discount. Tamara then ships the books directly from Chicago or some copies are hand carried with project members who travel. Every penny raised for the P of L is used exclusively for books and shipping.

A section on the Fellowship's donation page has been created for P of L
https://urantiabook.sitespace.com/support

A Paypal donation link for P of L has also been established on the:
www.squarecircles.com site

Checks can be mailed to:
Pipeline of Light
The Fellowship
PO Box 4583
Grand Central Station
New York, NY 10163

Learn well and share blessings. Freely you have received, freely give.
Woody

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

hey nice, in chile a book costs 50 dollars

Embrace Truth not a Book!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Woody and Friends,

Yes it's me, the long lost director of Truthbook.com. I'm going to work on a post announcing certain changes in my life. I miss all of you guys.

But for now, I want to thank you Woody for bringing attention to the Pipeline of Light, one of my very favorite service projects. Woody, you did a great job of describing the basic mission of the Pipeline.

My dear friend and longtime reader Michelle Klimesh from the San Francisco area is heading this project up. Here is a brief report from her about what books have been sent from the Pipeline in just the last few months.

Michelle writes:

Quote:
My count for books sent south of the border since Fall of 2005:

Colombia: 46
Argentina: 26
Costa Rica 21
El Salvador 20
Chile 13
Brazil 10
Nicaragua 10
Panama 10
Guatemala 10
Venezuela 10
Ecuador 10

This does NOT include the 47 Spanish books being hand carried by US volunteers to the conference for Urantia Book readers in Ecuador at the end of this month. These books will be distributed to leaders representing groups in various countries.

My shoulders ache thinking of the three people schleping 47 books to SA!

Love, Mich

Again, here is the link to donate directly and securely to The Pipeline of Light.

https://urantiabook.sitespace.com/support

Much love to all.....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Paula and always glad to have you around.

Thanks Mark for moving this post here from your forum.

Add 1 book sent to Zambia, Africa to the growing list. I had an extra copy on the shelf so instead of sending the project money at this time, I offered to send out a book for them. In about a week they informed me of a fellow requesting a copy in Africa and sent me his address. So I mailed this copy out to him and am hoping it arrives safely. The cheapest slow-boat-to-China (africa) shipping was $27.50 so you all can see an example of the costs involved in even "giving away free books".

So your help is needed and apprieciated, any way you can, to help share and spread this wonderful revelation and news.

Thanks and remember the needs of others

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]