Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 2:40 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: OBE
PostPosted:  

I'm a little bored so I feel like starting a thread. Ever heard of out-of-body-experiences? These individuals claim that there is a realm beyond the physical which we can tap into and explore. Surprise! Ever had the experience?

I'm wondering if lucid dreams is the same thing. A lucid dream is a dream where you know you are dreaming. Very exciting if you ever had one. I experienced one in my basement.... I saw my friend disappear and then I went into a black void... I went back into the dreaming realm and I 'realized' I was dreaming... suddenly I felt a shot of energy... then I instantly did what I always wanted to do... FLY!!!!! I was hovering around my basement for a few second at which time I got TOO excited and I woke up. Incredible experience! Anyone?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Arie
Interesting. What areas of the Ubook info can you relate to regarding your experience(s). Or is it not possible to relate such experiences to Ubook info?

Curious.
Hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Arie and Carl,

Yes, I've had experiences like that. I brought the issue up under "astral travel". Though many seem not to like that name of it. It i believe is possible, and a good thing to experience.

I believe Carl, that though we may not find a passage within the UB that states exactly words concering that, I do believe the teachings about how the 'TA's, or whoever, work within your dreams at night trying to teach you and guide you about stuff in your life, would actually fall into this category.

Its not a very common thing, but then again, it does happen alot. I think maybe it just wasn't an important thing to discuss when writing the UB at that time.

But i believe it has much to do with you becoming \"aware\" of your spirit within, without the human body, you may learn how to move around etc.. or you may within dreams, etc. speak and learn stuff. Maybe you remember the next day, maybe it's kept within your subconscious, just depends.

But like i said, i experience different levels of it, and I know that i'm spoken with, though i don't always remember it consciously the next day, I feel the 'comfort\" though.

And to arie, what you are speaking of is i believe a real training ground for what i still call \"OBE\" or AStral travel, however you choose to name it. It's within this dream and becoming aware that you begin to move around by thought, etc.,,, and you lose all the 'laws\" of the body.

The more you experience, and the more aware you become during this, the more you can learn out of it.

Just my personal experience, and opinion.
Blessings
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe one of the authors does suggest another realm of reality which we can explore when he states (not verbatim)... 'when an individual explores reality to the ultimate... matter still appears real to mind.'

When I was in that reality I was referring to... the world seemed very real... extremely intense and all my senses were heightened. You may call it a lucid dream or even a mind-created reality... same thing.

I believe I have had tons of lucid dreams in my lifetime so far... but I do not remember most... because alot of them were not that intense. In lucid dreaming circles they call those very vivid ones like the one which I had... highly lucid or high lucidity... meaning your VERY aware. In fact... the world can seem more real than the actual material world in which you live but it is in fact created by your mind.

Angel... I still somewhat doubt the concept of OBE's... what if all of these individuals are having lucid dreams... which are very intense... and they 'think' they are outside of their body. Like... if you have a lucid dream... your aware in this mind-created world... and you walk to your room and you see your body sleeping on the bed... a person could think that that is his actual body... because it seems so real... but the thing is... what you believe tends to become real to your mind. And especially in such a thought-responsive world which your mind can create. This is why people have all of these incredible experiences... such as NDE's.. and buddhists think they talked with the Buddha... and Christians think they talked with Jesus... because our beliefs get translated literally by our mind into such experiences.

The funny thing... is that before I had that lucid dream... I read about people flying in them and I believed that I could and wanted to and knew it would be alot of fun.

But then again... perhaps you could think of yourself operating outside your body. Have you ever asked yourself where in space does these mind-created realities manifest? Are they occupying the same space as the physical world but just on a different energy-frequency?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Angel, Arie,
A fewyears back I had the wounderful experience of having the TA eminate from my self and present in front of me/likewise a spiritual friend had his TA come forward and there we all FOUR stood, gapping (me) at each other.

TheOBE idea has now a new twist. Very UB.
Hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe one of the papers stated that Jesus' TA manifested in front of him as well and the people around him thought he saw an angel. Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Cm,

I remember coming across that at one time, but i at the moment cant' find it either. I would say read the papers dealing with Christs appearances near and after the crusifixtion. I will try to continue looking for you though. But i do believe it is within these times that it took place.
Blessings
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Paradise Pilgram,

Interesting information. Jesus promoted the Father" person" of heaven. This included the multitude of heavenly hosts, this involved the uniqueness of personalities, this involved a time/distance transdevelopement that appears from your experiences described as quite different.

From my personal experiences with outofbody I have had the wounderful inclusions of being with many developments and personalities and the Fathers 'hand'. Might you want to experience such? And from my perspective, this is just the beginning.

Hugs,
cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello Friends,

The reference to Jesus TA coming out and speaking was at his batism. Here is the partial story from the UB:
Quote:
Ordinarily, when a mortal of the realm attains such high levels of personality perfection, there occur those preliminary phenomena of spiritual elevation which terminate in eventual fusion of the matured soul of the mortal with its associated divine Adjuster. And such a change was apparently due to take place in the personality experience of Jesus of Nazareth on that very day when he went down into the Jordan with his two brothers to be baptized by John. This ceremony was the final act of his purely human life on Urantia, and many superhuman observers expected to witness the fusion of the Adjuster with its indwelt mind, but they were all destined to suffer disappointment. Something new and even greater occurred. As John laid his hands upon Jesus to baptize him, the indwelling Adjuster took final leave of the perfected human soul of Joshua ben Joseph. And in a few moments this divine entity returned from Divinington as a Personalized Adjuster and chief of his kind throughout the entire local universe of Nebadon. Thus did Jesus observe his own former divine spirit descending on its return to him in personalized form. And he heard this same spirit of Paradise origin now speak, saying, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." And John, with Jesus' two brothers, also heard these words. John's disciples, standing by the water's edge, did not hear these words, neither did they see the apparition of the Personalized Adjuster. Only the eyes of Jesus beheld the Personalized Adjuster. (P.1511)

Love....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Paridise Pilgram,
There is no insult or anger intended-I seriously do not wish this. What I would desire is for you to experience the UB with the only direction Jesus taught, Seek first the Kingdom within and then.. Using the UB info for the God within base adjustments this effort is exciting present day living. It would certainly make for an interesting comparison of paths.

I stand aside, with no malice intended,

Spiritual hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Paradise Pilgrim, I do not understand your anger. It seems an over reaction and rather unbrotherly to me. Please try to work out your disagreements of this type in private mail, rather than subjecting everyone to them.

Thanks, :wink:
Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I agree with Bro. Dave on this, and will go ahead and let you know Pilgrim you have the opportunity to "rephrase" your post, or as moderator i will have to do so. Reason is though we may move past it, others following this thread need not see this.

My thoughts on it is this...... i dont' believe this thread was actually started about communication with your TA. That is a totally different subject IMHO.

Speaking of OBE is something that ranges through many levels, and is different to each person experiencing it. No OBE can be compared or taught "how to''-- to another individual. Because it is an individual process designed specificly around the person experiencing it.

I would suggest only "sharing" your experiences, and if common ground is found within an experience with another person then you can compare. Otherwise, keep the subject individual and open to other interpretations.

In my opinion, we should not try to find reason of our OBE experiences along side that of Jesus Christ, for his "vision" OBE, etc... was for a totally different reason than what we experience in our daily lives.

Again, i as moderator give the members a day or 2 to rephrase what they meant, or i will by the weekend. No ill feelings, we all get upset sometimes, but i think this is truely a misunderstanding of words. So much love to everyone. and I hope not to have to intervene.

I would also like to suggest that we keep this topic to "individual" experiences of our own spiritual journey and not try to align our experiences with that of Christ Michael.

Just my opinion, feel free to let me know how you feel about that suggestion. But in a respectful way.

With much love to all who are taking part in our forum. :smile:
Yours
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Paradise,
You seem to take things out of context.

No one here is against you,. i'm surely not. It's just as a moderator i have to make sure i watch out for everyones emotions and how they're responded to. Your post had an insulting response to CM and i deleted it. Problem solved. We've all done that a time or to.

As far as your personal point in life right now, trust me, i'm right there with you on that. My life isn't the best either, and i'm not to happy to stick around here any longer myself. BUT, though i may take a moment, or a few days to be mad and sad, I will in the end pick myself up and try to make the best of the given situation.

The worst thing you can do is quit. No matter how hard it gets.
In the end it's your choice, as it's my choice to get up and deal with this life i have. And don't worry about all that meditation stuff. It's you and God. That's it. You don't need anyone else to get you to him.

As far as us saying do this and not that, we're just trying to help. This life and world isnt' the best. But it's our choice to make the best we can out of it.

I'm sorry i don't have more words of wisdom today, but i'm dealing with my own let downs in life. Just don't give up, and if you need to pm me, feel free.
Blessings
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello Paradise Pilgrim,

I'm new to this site and I haven't had the opportunity to get to know many here or learn of their life experiences but I found your recent posts on OBE to be of interest and wanted to share a few thoughts with all.

My studies of religion are mostly limited to my personal experience of - growing up catholic [till I left home and went to college] - finding the catholic beliefs, traditions and pagentry wanting in many regards - wandering and searching for a while and eventually finding the UB - studying it regularly and then not so regularly - questioning often things I had read - and then, somehow returning to it again and again to help sort out the most recent wanderings and questionings. I think we are all apt to wander and question - it is our nature to do so. It is also our nature to experience a wide range of emotions, including frustration and fits of hopelessness. You are not alone nor are you unique in that regard. That's the good news and I would like to explain my reasons for saying it's good news.

First some assumptions I make about life on this planet and why we are all so fortunate to call Urantia our nativity planet. While I've been there and done that, I'm no longer enticed with the idea of escaping to someplace or some plane better, easier, more enlightened, or otherwise different from what I have right now. WHY? Because the only thing you or I gain from our transition to the next one is the experience of having survived! We start again from wherever we were able to advance in the nativity stage - The Urantia plane - the temporal life - the time and space environment - the place where opportunity and adventure begin. We will never return to that state of mindedness where the experience of not knowing FOR SURE if we will survive is a part of our learning matrix. Many of us have the type of reassurance that embraces the concept of survival after death but none of us, in my opinion, have ever experienced a complete life/death transition that we can claim with certitude. Hence, the good news. We who have, are, and will tarry here on Urantia for awhile, as individuals, and as group agondonters (sp?), have a unique contribution to make to the evolving Supreme Being. WE, who can believe without knowing, have a special destiny to perform in the complex and adventurous administration of the outer space levels just now made manifest by our advancing science. Be of Good Cheer as your struggles are important and a UNIQUE contribution to the evolving Supreme Being. Cherish your difficulties as best you can and no one will ask more of you than that you try your best. Stay in the game and socialize with others so we can lean on each other in times of difficulty - we need each other. Be generous in your understanding and forgiveness of others - they also are struggling with their unique contributions - and doing the best they can - or not - but hells bells, their staying in the game and giving it a go.

The good news is that the bad times ebb and fade and then visit us again when we are ready for more growth. You my friend are a sincere searcher of truth - which enables growth - which sometimes causes dissonance - a disturbance in the air - and an opportunity to tune in to a source, THE Source, that is the faithful guide on these journeys. I have faith in you, that you will stay in the game with us, succeed far beyond your own expectations, and we rejoice with you in advance.

If you haven't read it recently, read the narration in the UB about "The Boy who was afraid." I read it often - when I feel the need to be strenghtened for the tasks in front of me - and I think you will feel this story touch you at a time when reassurance is needed and we ALL NEED REASSURANCE.

Best wishes, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Gang...The closest thing to a OBE for me is when I am low blood sugar. :smile: The physical reactions of my body can surely play trick on the mind and what one is experiencing. IMHO...My feet are planted firmly on the ground and my head is usually in the clouds...Sounds like a Capricorn to me...Yup!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next