Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:02 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

That was nice :smile: I too have my little "tricks" I still make the sign of the cross before prayer. It's like dialing God's telephone number ...LOL...However throughout the day I am in a spiritual willingness for God's will be done...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I should have included the entire lyrics, as the last portion is usually the part that makes me feel "funny". I always love this song as a child, but it has new meaning now after reading the UB. :smile:

Look over yonder what do you see
The sun is a risin' most definitely
A new day's comin' people are changin'
Ain't it beautiful crystal blue persuasion

Better get ready gonna see the light
Love, love is the answer and that's all right
So don't you give up now so easy to find
Just look to your soul and open your mind

Crystal blue persuasion, mm-hmm
It's a new vibration
Crystal blue blue persuasion, crystal
Blue persuasion

Maybe tomorrow when he looks down
On every green field and every town
All of his children every nation
There'll be peace on good brotherhood

Crystal blue persuasion

Tommy James said "Crystal Blue" was taken from the Book of Revelation. But, he preferred to think of the blue crystal as planet Earth. Televison viewers saw the beautiful blue round sphere the year the song was a hit (1969) being shot back from the moon.

Our tiny little sphere, vibrating with change in the local universe, evoking ripples throughout the cosmos.

Well, I need to get to the nature trail to run......another time of inspiration.

Peace and Love,
Trthqst

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hey Trthqst,
Thanks so much for sharing those lyrics. Wow! I have loved that song since it came out and never realized that it was so profound. I hate to admit it but I don't always hear the lyrics.

For me, Pop and Rock music hit a high point in a ten year period of 1965 to 1975. The music was absolutely full of grand and wonderful sentiments like the one you shared. There are so many that I love, like Crystal Blue Persuasion, that it would be impossible to name them all. However, your example reminded me of one of my very favorites:

Get Together
by Jessie Collin Young and The Youngbloods

Love is but a song we sing
fears' the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
or make the angels cry

Though the dove is on the wing
and you may not know why

*Come on people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
and try to love one another right now

Some may come and some may go
He will surely pass
When the one that left us here
returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
fading in the grass

*Come on people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
try to love one another right now

If you hear the song I sing
you will understand...listen
You hold the key to love and fear
all in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
Its there at your command

I said.....

*Come on people now
smile on your brother
Everybody get together
try to love one another right now
right now
right now

Love.....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Paula:
I always loved that Youngblood's song.....very powerful. Music really is the international language. I remember reading in the UB how angels (I believe) enjoy some of our music immensely.
Take care,
Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha, Jessie Collin Young has lived nearby in the Kona district for years and we are treated to his music from time to time. I agree the late 60's-70's was certainly a magically time for alot of people. It's like we had a collective conscience raising. We just got a oldies radio station here and it's usually on in my kitchen so I can dance around while I putter... :wink:

Post subject: Good Oldies!
PostPosted:  

This really does not belong on this forum, :shock: but I wanted to share..

For anyone who like the real oldies,(50's->60's), this is a GREAT site! It is set up with 6 juke boxes, and you can select, or just play 'em all! Then they have another section with 6 "drive-in speakers" and you can select "Do-Wop", if you'r into that too.
Enjoy!
Bro Dave :wink:

http://dapatchy.com/oldies/

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks and good morning Dave...Who says listening to good music doesn't lead to a spiritual experience...Truth, Beauty and Goodness...I am singing a Moody Blues song today...Hee-Hee. THanks for the link.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Readers may like to check my post on Open Discussion, Re Angels. It just happened 24 hours ago.

PostPosted:  

Folks,

I had a house for sale,two persons who heard about it even before the last tenant(sibbling) had moved out, wanted it.

This happening was in request in the quiet as to who should I sell the house to THE FIRST PERSON OR THE SECOND ONE?

Both parties had ligitimate reasons for the property, the first to be near growing grandchildren and the second, a single parent with three kids.

After showing the property to both partys(separate times/same day.) I returned home and quieted with the question- WHO SHOULD BUY THE HOUSE? ( Up pops a smiling person with very distinctive eyeglasses-they had brand new shiny black frames.)

Shortly after, the first person called, almost in tears-the numbers$ just aren't working out. being on social security and the value of their present
dweling just didn.t add up- I stopped the conversation with the request,"what color are your eyeglass frames?" I had to repeat it several times before I got a clear answer-,'why they are amberish" Why? I said, well as a mystic in love with our Creator I have been given info the person who buys the property has black glass frames. This person called back again with ,"Maybe if I do this or that I can afford a 30 year..la la ideas" this first person really wanted it.

Well, would you believe the second one called and la la I ask about the color of glasses frames and,"oh I just got new ones last week-they're black" I asked "shinny black? "Yes".."Your're the one".(neither had glasses on when viewing the property).

To make a long one shorter, the black framed glasses person had lost the mate thru suicide, had twins-4 years old, had a 7 yr old daughter and was really cramped in a small rent(things around here are rather high priced) and was prequalified for the full amount-without a broker deal- Fantastic.

I chalk this up to daily living with our unseen friends. Just super. And the one who didn't quit have enough$-we are activiely looking for something that fits a smaller budget and is still near by the grandkids.

Hugs,

c

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4