Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 1:09 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

thanks for the share Whitewolf(Tammie) Wow, and you pulled your strengths to override fear, excellent.

I have the thoughts that this post, Spiritual experiences has a much greater readership than the many who responed.

To long many UB followers have poo pooed the idea of TA involvement and its worthyness to be shared with like beings. They always want proff- like show me the physical evidence. We whom experince and openly share among ourselves (world wide the happenings) and are able to rationalize what the experience(s) have taught are doing a great favor for many who have yet to fully commit to His will allowing growth. We bring to life the written word.

Words are three times removed from the real
Pictures are twice removed from the real
First hand experiences are reality in motion.

I believe it is up to us to carefully relate the inward experiences, accurately doing so and yet general enough to allow others to feel the truths expressed. Our elder brother is with us as we asire to do His will and He adjusts us for continued growth in His house.

Hugs, cm

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:smile: thanks for the nice response,c.m. I hope others found it interesting, I hope to hear from them about it, theres more that Ill share later, if people want to know.

well, I guess ill just pray and look back tomorrow. much love and blessings to you,
whitewolf- :roll: :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Wolfy :smile:

Do you think maybe -- or do you know if the "swamp before the garden" pertianed to the life ahead of you? maybe a visit of encouragement and guidance?

I'm wondering if the one you speak of is the same that I told you about in PM email. HHHMM, but i was thinking him something totally different.

Anyways, Do continue.
Blessings
Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Angel,
This was a visitation from an Angel, This angel has visited others
in the past, it is written in the book songs of pilgrimage/ or the house of
pilgrimage by Flower.... From Questhaven i think, im researching it now, it was so long ago that I had this experience, anyway Im still asking God what the meaning of it is, perhaps its not time to be revealed, but I believe I will eventually experience this \"garden life\" Darma, on earth and of course in the afterlife, I have already walked through the swamp in my life on urantia, and am now pulling out of it; strange that painfull events can be predestined, for spiritual growth, what do you know of that in the UB papers, Ive read it somewhere but I forget.?

Love to all-
Talk with you Angel in email
Godspeed-Whitewolf Strongheart :P

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Pilgram, What happened to your use of mind altering drugs?? Hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Friend,

My inquire was to see if any similar things I may have had when I smoked cigie poos-I also really liked beer in early times-almost out of control- Don't do much of either now, after 40-50 years of 1-3 pks/day and beers, beers I somehow strumbled out of the crutches and now kinda want to keep whats left of the frame somewhat cleaner-

TA and guardians do some amazing breakthroughs- Bless

Hugs cm

Post subject: A prayer answered
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi freinds,

I think that God works with each of us according to our own capacity to receive. Often God answers my prayers with a mental image. I love metaphors, and being a poet, metaphors work very well for me. When God gives me a picture, it really is worth a million words, but like a parable, is subject to my interpretation and my understanding. Also, in my experience, God does not give a picture of something that is meaningless to me, he draws from my own experience something that has great meaning to me and gives me that picture.

I have prayed endlessly to God and Jesus about the welfare of my children. The following represents a time that I prayed for an insight about raising my daughter and I'm certain that the God within me answered my request. I have found that there is a quality and crystal clarity to God's wisdom that is nearly unmistakable.

One day I was particularly troubled by the attitudes of my teenage daughter and I was praying to God for some insight as to how best to manage a very difficult teenage stage. After asking God in all sincerity for greater understanding of her, I immediately got the mental image of a horse. The image flashed very quickly but spoke volumes to me. The horse was a young spirited filly, who had a bridle on and was loosely tied to a hitching post. I was approaching her with a saddle blanket and she was rearing back her head, pulling the reigns very tight between the post and the bit of the bridle, and her eyes were huge and full of fear, showing white all around. (This seen is very common to anyone who has ever broken a horse.) The image then faded away.

What insight did I gather from this image? I had an almost immediate understanding of my daughter's nature. It was brilliant of God to give me this and yet for one who has no experience with breaking horses it would have meant nothing. I have broken some fine horses in my day, and the spirited ones are always a little spooky. That is, they are really cautious and easily frightened. In my experience a spirited horse requires an extraordinary amount of patience to break. You have to move toward them very quietly and deliberately and you can't give them too much to master all at once. You have to take it slow with a spirited horse, be adamant but incredibly gentle. Any harsh actions or movements only exaggerates their fearful nature. Even so, for all the effort that they take, when you get them broke, they are the best, most responsive riding horses of all. They are quick and agile, and absolutely terrific to ride.

I think God was telling me that my daughter was young and spirited and like that filly in my vision, she was OK with a bridle, but that I should go very slowly with that blanket and saddle. He essentially told me to take some time with her, be very patient, because although she wouldn't be easy to saddle (with responsibilities), she would definitely be great with them in time and worth the effort. And she was and she is!

Love.....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Here's one before the UB ever crossed my door step.

As a lark one summer in Oswego, NY I formed a fiberglass knockoff of the roof top of my new Volkswagan mini van. From it I constructed a somewhat classy little sailing scow.(Great Lakes famous for sailing scows) I used it all summer weekends while at Oswego State for studies. In the fall I again went back to teaching wood shop and also working part time for a patent attorney- they (Husband/wife team) laughed about the boat and convienced me to form the Folksboat Corp. Eegad.

I was kinda thrilled and dreams of the peoples boat manufacturing entraponeir caused me to begin sketching the main officers in a three de relationship, each with related corporate duties and I also added speciality offices to coordinated various activities lines going this way and that to each main office- The corporate duty sketch was globe like -I had a most flowing feeling doing this and Lo and behold as I looked out the old homestead 1800+ tall,second floor, floor to ceiling windows there was this person, a man, fullsize-big size in the window, looking down at the sketch and me. I have now idea even to this day who this enity was- He wasn't standing on any roof either-He was just there. Interesting robe with buttons down front outfit Somewhat mideastern?

Years later I was struggling staying awake while reading the UB up comes the coporate concept as a crude concept of the Team structure we all admire. In reto I had formed the sec and treasure as one office, the other two were the pres and the vice pres. A Trinity. The interacting smaller offices were heavenly hosts. Sketch looked something like string art in three Dee.

Date-1962 ...

Different,----hugs, cm

Post subject: a spiritual awakening
PostPosted:  

at age 22 or so, I became a Truth-seeking agnostic.
Deep-set against the Bible, narrow-mindedness, self-righteousness,
fanaticism, etc.

at age 35, I asked myself a simple question - \"Who do you admire the Most - of all people you have met, heard about, read about, etc?\"
Four peo came to mind - a Baptist, a Lutheran, a Catholic, a Hindu.
All people of great faith. Committed to high purposes.
I made the decision To Believe.

That night, I dreamed of Jesus. A strange, colorful, spiritual dream.
The next morning I felt my intellect had bowed to my soul, my 'higher mind.' I felt a deep and abiding faith......that has deepened these past 20+ yrs.

Tho not drawn to any church, my inner being (myself) has never been the same.
I have always 'been in church' since that day......
......Faith/ belief/ later on - more knowledge / UB / love

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Fatboy,

I have found that often the most profound spiritual insights come from a simple question like the one you asked. Great story. Thanks.

Paula

Last edited by Paula on Tue May 17, 2005 11:16 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi, Paula,

I read that you have been studying UB for 30 yrs!! Terrific! I have been reading it daily for just over ONE yr. Maybe I have read 1/2 ............ such a great Unique Guide. I look forward to continued study.

One thing I am attempting is to: Set aside attachment to this thing called 'Opinion' so that I can benefit from such study.

Yes, I value my viewpoint a great deal. I value my opinion a great deal.
And I am sure my viewpoint/ opinion is not THE TRUTH forever.
Evolution affects consciousness - as well as the physical.

Keep up the Good Work.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi again Fatboy,

Your first year with the UB, eh? I envy you this maiden voyage of discovery. It took me three years to read it the first time through. I could never read more than a paper at a time, and the information saturation point was almost always overwhelming at that, especially in the early parts of the book. Still, as I read I felt my own inner life expanding. It was so marvelous and the cool thing is, it keeps getting better. This is why I spend my life helping others to find it. It's like my friend says, \"If you knew of a revelation this grand and didn't tell me, I'd be really pissed.\" :P

You said:
Quote:
One thing I am attempting is to: Set aside attachment to this thing called 'Opinion' so that I can benefit from such study.

I think this is very wise indeed. Opinions are fine so long as they don't become barriers to learning. I have another UB friend who recently passed away. She was close to ninety. Her simple philosophy, "I already know what I think, I'm much more interested in what other's think."

Here are just two quotes (out of many in the book) that I think sum up nicely how important it is for us humans to keep our opinions in check:
Quote:
P.103 - ß5 Too often, all too often, you mar your minds by insincerity and sear them with unrighteousness; you subject them to animal fear and distort them by useless anxiety. Therefore, though the source of mind is divine, mind as you know it on your world of ascension can hardly become the object of great admiration, much less of adoration or worship. The contemplation of the immature and inactive human intellect should lead only to reactions of humility.

P.549 - ß2 When we are tempted to magnify our self-importance, if we stop to contemplate the infinity of the greatness and grandeur of our Makers, our own self-glorification becomes sublimely ridiculous, even verging on the humorous. One of the functions of humor is to help all of us take ourselves less seriously. Humor is the divine antidote for exaltation of ego.

Thanks for all you contribute to these discussions!
Love....Paula

Last edited by Paula on Fri May 20, 2005 10:10 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Great quotes Paula, I need that today :razz: and Fatboy, I am so happy for you and your journey through the pages of our beloved book. It takes me back to the early years of reading as I too as Paula said could only read 1 page at a time, sometimes a paragraph. :razz: Prior to the book finding me I too was disgruntled and wanted more. I was very hungry and cried out to God and he certainly did feed me...Joy oh Joy....

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hiya Tootsie,

Good to see you!
What a joy it is to discover that God is always there and that he does care. What a joy to know that God is the source of all that is true and beautiful and good in creation.
Love....Paula

PostPosted:  

I have a trick when I begin my "Time with God" that clears my mind and allows me to be with Him. In my mind I play the song "Crystal Blue Persuasion" by Tommy James and the Shondells. If you do not remember the opening lyrics, it goes:

Look over yonder
What do you see
The sun is a risin'
Most definitely

A new day's comin'
People are changin'
Ain't it beautiful?
Crystal Blue Persuasion

I'm getting goose bumps right now ...................I'm in the mood again.

Peace and Love,
Trthqst

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next