Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Very true. I find myself time and time again changing the way i teach my children regaurding others. I try not to continue a teaching i feel is wrong, though it may be how i was raised myself.

I hope that by doing so i impower my children to be more loving and accepting of all people, nations, and religion.

angel

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Hello Arie:

Yes out of the mouth of babes comes many a truth :!: And yet the older we get the stupider we act sometimes. Why do we loose our innocence and simpicity with age :?:

A child often acts like an adult and an adult often acts like a child :?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

We so called modern humans seem to have a tendancy towards over complicating thingsmaking them more difficult than they have to be.

I have found that for me as I grow up I have to re-learn how to see and think. My life in sobriety has been one of truly letting go.

There is a saying in the program ( My best thinking got me here)

not much more you can say about that...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha ya'll....love the thread, have been very busy with a new job but I am still connected...Yes, J Berry, I know that phrase very well and one thing I most enjoy is Honesty!!! It truly is living in the light :wink:

Post subject: Spirtual Experiences
PostPosted:  

To think so many of the local UB readers I was associated with here in NE frowned on such sharings-...My My. The truth, beauty, goodness thinkings can be an intellectual cop out for some while a truly great way to live ones life(coupled with adversities ) for others.

Several of you have described the LIGHT-in varying styles. This is normal as it is part and parcle of the Universal Language of Light-the language of the heavens. Some of it has been noted for recall.

There are lights also for Spirit, Son daughter, Jesus, angels, and so many of the heavenly participants. The quieted mind in sincerity with God --desire- seems to be the most frequently used avenue for such experience(s).

I believe the greatest handicap to spirtual contact is fear-it blocks all forms of progressing education-education in spirtual converse sure gets blocked by fear. Lots of fear, little progress. Its a chemistry mind thing that can be overcome with some rather strong inward desires to change thoughts to loving thoughts- It changes the physical brain bits ...

Open the door to the inner life, Seek first the kingdom within and then,,. fear not, always pledge to do His will, allowing personal will to subragate.

The ego can be realigned for good. How think yee?

Physical hugs, C

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I agree with the conception on fear being a major block to spiritual growth. Growing up on this planet... I think we all have had first-hand experience with various intensities of fear.

I remember this one time where I wanted to leave my parents place... and within a few steps of walking out of the basement... my earthly mother started screaming... \"Nooooo, Noooo\" and I literally felt chills/energy-waves surge into my body.

Of course this wasn't a 'normal' period in my life and hers. I was in a crisis... which affected her as well... including that my father was not home at the time. My intuition tells me the cause of the terror was fear of suicide.... but it all really boils down to fear of the unknown and the inexplicable.

Glad to see you on truthbook.com Carl... Welcome.

Anyone else have an experience to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha Carl and welcome...do you participate in a study group? Are there alot of readers in your area? We are spread miles apart here on this island and it is nice to jump on this site and plug in...my thoughts on the light made me think of the lighting system of Jerusem on pg 519/520...WoW, won't that be something to see and the best is yet to come...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie, no at moment. 'Was a charter member of NE Big group which went by the wayside. Prayerful meditation was generally frowned upon by the intellectuals in the 12 member group. Local few readers ala Nick Scalzo's efforts was my intro to UB. Fortuantely met fellow seeker Gene Z at exactly right moment(How convientetly timed!) and we did the travels together. Formed a small independent group, did lost child work, several other projects our elder brother validated, etc .

Now pretty much by self, being proded by TA within to get the message out. See Gene Z now and then(auto writer), Nick about town too. Have been spending retirement involved-mostly helping family along, staying out of trouble, some business things(small). Like helping hard working folks. Amazing the finances of present day folks-even the kids checking out in markets don't add very well-was funny during a local power outage watching kids try and add two or three cans goods for a total-thank goodness they didn't have to calulate sales tax... One really sees a big need when we read UB p1092 p2 God blesses.

Hugs, C

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks for the share Carl...that's what is so nice about have this site to keep connected...I'll read pg 1092 tonight...Aloha...Right now I am reading the article written by Peter Holley in the fall issue of the Fellowship Herald titled "Meditation in The Urantia Book-Jesus Style" which is excellent and leading me to do research and practice of true Worship...elevating my mind to new joy in love and service...It's been a good day...Aloha

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie

I'll have to check article-thanks. Curious about scary times-what happened? Fears are alerting devices.

I guess it is wise to get one or two to do the traveling together. We had a dear grandmother in our small group who was a dowser-good at it too. She was an official egg checker for government during WW2-could walk into a cooler, point to the egg crates that had embreyos ready to hatch from thousands of crates- Incredible and a basic non reader/non writer for many years. She and I flew to Eldon Mo to try and locate remains of a murdered child.. We went to prove to ourselves we were doing good things-even though we knew no remains would be found- Well, not exactly-seems the out in the boondocks neighbors where remains were buried all came forward with details that verified. And the dream Pics of the childs mother/and sister- I think I still have notes on that trip(15-18 years ago..wow!)

I do recall the moment I uncovered from a ravine wash area the grave site-I got a jolt of fear-like Wham.!! I truly had to pull together to contine digging...

Any way, fear not, He is with us/within us, all about us. Hugs, Love, C

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Carl...Perhaps we best define prayerful meditation...From your posts it sounds like you are talking about astro-travel? I have no experiences with this and have always been firmly grounded in my space. I am a real roots woman :razz: The Jesus-type of meditation I am talking about is more of contemplation. Thinking things through, acting instead of re-acting. Something I am learning to do as time goes by. To think and try to discern our Heavenly Father's will in my actions. What be most pleasing to God. Pray, asking Jesus for guidance, strength and wisdom as the UB teaches us to do... The scary experience I spoke of...when in TM I started to hear heavenly choirs...It freaked me out and since do not like the experience of opening my conscience mind to mischief...This was back in the 60's and years before I found the UB. When I did I knew that this was the rock that I could build my house on...Today I live in a pretty nice house... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Ms Tootsie,

Most the Urantia movement appears to be on similar path(s).

There are a few, very few who, like the almost hidden few references in UB 'pass on thru'-using a different kinda path.

I ever remember being a member with a small church group who saw the lights, the spiritis within each other, the angels and the like. There was this women, I sat two rows back of her each meeting-kinda like a comfortable hall area to relax and be accountable- Her comment to me and friends one sunday was,"Why can't I hear music like you folks do?".

Several weeks went by, each church service with the quiet payerful meditation going on must have been frustrating for this woman, and then like out of the blue one day she turned about and announced with great joy, almost too load during the service, \" I hear the music now!\"
My mouth fell open, I smiled, like great,.

This pathyway, Ms Tootsie, though wrought with delays, bumps and requirements is an access--a pathway. In summary, when we arrive at the inner world of His home and we glance carefully about us we find there are no decerable differences in paths/they all seem to be one with God direction.

Our celestrial friends stand ready for anyone, anywhere, to be of assistance. The path of our choice would be nice if it allowed their involvements. They really play a neat fiddle, and have a swell chorus.

Love and in rememberaces of our mighty heavenly friends of music and shape-the artists par excellance. Somewhere on the path everyone gets a chance to hear- please consider you future spiritual developements as a possible opening for our friends to say hello music styleas they compliment personal spiritual growth with the voice within.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha Carl, just read your nice post...yes we do live in a beautiful, friendly universe if we can just slow down long enough to hear and dance to the music...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

ms tootsie,

Yes most modern peoples are living in faster lanes. All the more reason for folks to learn slow down times. Most businesses have come to realize this, stress management classes and the likes. Most if not almost all attemps of being in the quiet negate Jesus's directive.

And to have experienced the music and dance and so much more-its there, waiting for those who will seek first the kingdom within, pledge to do the Fathers will, fear not and continue to desire to grow in His house.(last one is my doings, I used to use keep trucking, its kinda gotten stale.)

Hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I think I was around nineteen or twenty when I had this experiance(and im going out on the limb of courage in deciding to share it) anyway as I slept one night, I was awakened by the powerfull presence of someone outside my window, my soul raised up and looked out the window, I left my body and went to this being, he was so glorious and beautifull, I recognized him immediately as a devine being my soul was familiar with, he told me to come with him; he had things to show me, I went with him, his hair was gold and his eyes were swirling all the colors of the rainbow, I remember communicating with him in another language, as we spoke I understood both tounges simaltaneously. he told me that I had to walk through a horrible swamp, there were snakes and crocks everywhere,and other horrid stuff, I cryed and didnt want to go through it, then he showed me a different place that I would go when I came up out of this swamp, it was like eden, mayby it was the garden of eden in paradise, anyway, when I saw this glorious garden of beauty, I was filled with peace and serenity; I agreed to go through with it, this beautifull being told me that he had come to give me this information, and he gave me his name which I am not to reveal at this time.

When I was back in my body I sat up/woke up came back with mixed emotions of dread and joy, the next day I called bluewolf and told her all
about it. Then three months later she called me and was very excited,
she came to see me soon after, and what she had was amazing!!!
She had a little book she found in an old book store, in the fourth chapter
it spoke of my experiance and gave the same name of the being which had visited me, they called the being an angel, and had his name, the same name that was told to me by this being. This visitation has happened to others, what a joy it would be to find the others that have had this same Angel/celestial being visit them. This experiance is very sacred to me and I wanted to share it, yet I did so with some doubt, thats the main reason I choose to keep his name to myself; the doubt being how you guys would respond to hearing about this, (some on this forum I believe think Im about four cans short a six-pack!!!LOL) anyway, this is one of my spiritual experiances I decided to share, please respond kindly or not at all.

There is more to this, and perhaps I will share further later.
Love to all, sister whitewolf Strongheart :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next