Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: My new outlook
PostPosted:  

I have now finished reading the Urantia book first round cover to cover since discovering it around April 2014. I have gradually seen change in my general outlook within that period. The revelation has helped me tremendously and I can attest that I had been in some kind of darkness and it has awakened me to the reality and now I know everything is real, accurate and under unseen control and existence is not by accident in fact it is to be highly appreciated as we play our part. It is a book with potential to uplift anyone even one completely down due to circumstances doubting whether it was a mistake for their existence or whether it could be a form of divine punishment or any other bad outlook. This book has that power provided the reader is open to new concepts and a truth-seeker. Now everyday My relations are changing a new never like before and I wish to continue to become better as I also try to enlighten those around me as long as they are willing.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: My new outlook
PostPosted:  

This is wonderful and thank you for sharing your new outlook. I agree with all that you have said and, having read the book cover to cover 3 times now, it is helpful for me to renew and refresh my appreciation by reading about others' early experiences reading the book for the first time.

Every day is a new adventure as a result of my expanded horizons of understanding our place in the cosmos and the glorious future that awaits!

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello Panthers,

Good to hear from you and congratulations on completing your first reading of The Urantia Book. You mentioned that you believe you now have better understanding and better relationships -- you can expect those to continue to improve over time.

As the fifth epochal revelation of spiritual truth to the world the significance of the teachings of TUB to each of us is monumental. Each of the previous 4 epochal revelations were designed and intended to provide all of the information necessary to guide the people of those times to a fuller understanding of their origin, nature, and destiny -- to give them the tools to lead meaningful physical lives while developing enhanced spiritual relationships.

Every human being has understanding of who they are and what their life means to them, just as they have beliefs in right and wrong, good and evil, life and death. Many arrive at these understandings and beliefs with little or no thought, it's just picked up by a kind of mental osmosis. Beliefs, understanding and relationships arrived at through seat-of-the-pants learning are confused, inconsistent, sinful, uninspiring, aimless, but they're just as strong in those who have them as they are among those who set out intentionally to discover truth. In discovering The Urantia Book a seeker has found the knowledge and spiritual inspiration a modern day human needs for a meaningful life and enhanced spiritual understanding. All of the extraneous and confusing beliefs, knowledge, superstitions can be let go -- the teachings of TUB are consistent and valuable, adequate for this life at this time.

Larry

PostPosted:  

That's quite a testimonial. My experience with discovering the Urantia Book is similar. Without the book, I doubt I would have survived. Due to it being the anchor and focal point of my life, being the source of the information I need to deal with the darkness that surrounds me, I have continued to grow. The one great challenge I have had in integrating it into life, my relationships with my family and friends, is to do it without getting fanatical about it. At first I was on the house tops, no results. Funny thing is when I decided to stop talking about it and start living it, soon there after a couple of my friends and family discovered the Urantia Book too.

Living what the book reveals about being human, is my goal. Every day I experience the new outlook you do and it's been more than 30 years now!

All the best.

PostPosted:  

Well said Panthers Panthera!! Truth, no matter its source, has no value if it does not change one's view of life and the universe....the ascending appreciation and expression of truth, beauty, and goodness is powerful in its ability to transform the mind and life itself. It is our perspective and philosophy of living that is changed first, and then our motives, intentions, priorities, and choices soon after.

Do not be discouraged by the fact that uncertainties remain as we seek the better way and grow in the Spirit. Some day, we learn how to enjoy uncertainty of outcomes and embrace it as a primary source of wonder and adventure!! We need only be confident in our status as faith children of a loving Father in a friendly universe to progress upon the pilgrim's and Paradise path.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the voice of another sincere student here who appreciates that which we share together.

Best wishes.

8)

PostPosted:  

Aloha and happy for you ! Having read this one of my favorite quotes came to mind...

“Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, ‘This is the way.’” (383.2) 34:7.8

:)

PostPosted:  

Thanks all. I will keep on. By the way I hope Judas and his associates (those who molested & executed Jesus) did not reject survival. Reject survival in the mansion world due to a rude shock after discovering him whom they executed was in reality their creator father. Of course on Earth they were in darkness and knew not what they were doing. I believe they were rehabilitated and counseled and maybe they will remain to be a solemn lesson for future mortals in outer space levels.

PostPosted:  

Thank you for sharing! I enjoy reading about how it helps other people! I recently finished it for the first time as well. Please feel free to share your thoughts often on here as I love hearing other people's perspectives.

PostPosted:  

Aloha nodAmanaV... Having read your post this experience came to mind... I too wanted to shout it from the housetops... Look what I found ! but now believe one must hunger for Truth and not satisfied with what we find... then quietly there is our book... soul satisfying :) but..... I once shared a case of books with a friend and had them in my trunk just incase ... Without promoting but listening I would sense a hunger in talking with someone and then when the time was right I would go get a book... they went so quickly I was amazed... but I was ready and God directed our paths to cross... One girl came to my house and when she opened the book and first read was so profound she almost jumped on the table... lol I didn't even know her but God did :)