Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I completed K-8 in a Catholic grade school in the 50's. We were taught that we were born in sin because Eve ate of the forbidden fruit. We were damned to hell if we ate meat on Friday or miss mass on Sunday. Evolution did NOT exist. The pope was infallible. Noah the ark and a myriad of other teachings. As my life progressed, I fell away from the church and any form of organized religion. One day my second wife showed me this big blue book that an ex boy friend gave her. I opened the book some where in the middle and the story of Noah was there. I never did really believe how the entire earth was covered with water and we were all descendants of Noah.

I have read the Urantia book through years ago, and again lately. Now I know I will never stop reading as there is always something new. One of the prayers I have, is that someday I understand the entire contents of that big blue book. Maybe in the next life. My mission now is to introduce as many people that I can to the real TRUTH! I have not given up on organized religion . My wife and I are members in good standing of our little UCC church in the country. After all Michael taught and preached in the temple. The church does many good things. Meredith Sprunger was a VP of the UCC. LIFE IS GOOD !

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hello Curti - thanks for sharing....fortunately, the UB confirms that we will never stop learning!

Life is not just good, it is also interesting.

I used to think that all Catholics were on the same page, so to speak. Not the case at all, is it? Cultural traditions (country specific) create a focus on one story over another, but in general, all the controversy and confusion is about "stuff" in the Old Testament....I never got the "logic" of including the Old with the New in the Bible. And there was no bible-thumping in my catholic culture...

I would always get in trouble for asking the question, "Why did Jesus not write anything down?" - first time I asked was in kindergarten, never stopped asking the religious authorities, finally got an answer I could live with in the UB.

PostPosted:  

Yes, thanks for sharing Curti. Your story is heart-warming and hits home because I once gave an ex-girlfriend a copy of the big blue book. 8)