Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Last night, I was just about to start reading my Urantia Book; so I asked God to please help me understand all the truths I am about to read and help me apply it to my thoughts and just my life in general. Before I began, I was feeling really upset about a few things. I asked God to please help me love my fellows and to understands them better, because I really feel like I hate them.. I couldnt understand how to feel those feeling of love towards all those who are against HIM! How can I better understand anyone if I dont want to even be around them? They are so cruel, but from what I have learned is that if you desire to love your brethren, you have to see their values, and then you will befriend them, and that friendship would ripen into love. So I was just in deep meditative communion with the Father, and I didnt see it, but I KNEW IT WAS THERE. The Spirit of Truth!! It was the most wonderful feeling I have ever experienced, it was truly, lovely. I could feel the Fathers Love, and he was comforting me! I was laughing and crying at the same time and not only did I not feel upset anymore, but it gave me strength and courage to face everyone today. I held on to the "feeling" i guess you could call it, for a long time it seemed, (it really moves you) an actual feeling, all over your body and strongly in your heart. Just wanted to tell someone! I pray you all to have that feeling, all the time. There would be no more evil if everyone could feel what I felt. I just love God so much, he is truly magnificent! Now I know that same Spirit of Truth is in everyone, I knew before, but this really confirmed it for me. I know I can atleast love that part of everyone, and that they too are Sons of God, and that the best reason in the world to love them!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Dear sonshipobtainer,

You are wise to go to the Father, even though your feelings seemed less-than-loving. In fact, that's the best time to seek him so that he can help us get a different perspective. And your experience is proof!!!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Hey Tressa I have felt that connection in myself as well. I think the trick is to maintain that connection all day long. This is something that I am working on and that Chris Halvorsons study group on tuesday has helped me with. These spiritual forces all seem to be located in our mindal heart and if we can just unblock our connection to our own heart we can feel all these forces flowing through our being. :)

The u.b says that the spirit of truth will create a connection with michael as well. So it shouldn't be strange to see him inside yourself when you make this connection again.

I believe you when you said you had a communion with Gods ministry though :), it sounds like you had an amazing experience ! :))). I pray that we can all maintain constant unbroken communion with gods literal ministry in our hearts all day long :).

Also a little trick I am learning right now is that this heart of our being is kind of like a yoke in our mind. If we follow this yoke inside our core with "insight" we can literally see "in-side" our own heart where gods ministry flows through. Not sure if this technique will help anyone but it has helped me.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing