Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:42 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Loneliness
PostPosted:  

This topic is not meant to be a complaint or even to point out anything negative. It is simply to share a confirming experience of something the UB says. I realize that the majority of people probably realize the effects of isolation and may sense a sort of disconnection, or perhaps lack of harmony. We simply have to be strong through such an experience. But the UB says that me must wait, and ascend while we wait, and it also says the higher we ascend in the universe, the lonelier we will become without the association of our fellows. These statements are not in the same location, and I don't mean to take anything out of context, but it may show that some sort of loneliness is to be expected, and is normal.

When I first started studying the UB, I realized that my friends and family were no longer on the same train of thinking. I gradually was realizing that there were so many things that I just couldn't share with them. So many times we want to share truth, and express our faith, but the people we know and love are not receptive to new ideas. Sometimes they are, but the struggle with the crystallization of acceptable doctrines presents many challenges.

Probably many of you know what this is like, and that the feeling of disassociation is a difficult one to bear. But we have been instructed to represent the spirit of the heavenly kingdom and live not a worldlike life.

Part of the reason why it is so hard to bear is because of how wonderful the truths of the kingdom of God are, and at the same time how shocking it is that people reject the gospel, and that mercy is spurned. It is another one of those things which, when inescapable, we must use to strengthen our character and press on with the resolve to do the Fathers' will.
-Aaron

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Loneliness
PostPosted:  

Aaron - Brother, your post reminded me of the feelings of loneliness and isolation sympathy I have when reading parts of Jesus youth and later ministry within his family relationships. For even He felt the same as you and me and all others despite His knowledge and associated ministering Spirit. And while it also saddens me when those I love reject truths I know would relieve their mind and spirit, I am so grateful for what I know now compared to what I was taught in that church of my family. For there, the fear of the loss of our loved one's souls to hell fire and eternal damnation is tormenting (if falsely based) to all such sincere believers. Now, at least, I am comforted that any such rejection of my truth is no such threat and we will be together in a place where I am certain they will heed the Voice and know the Truth after this moment of mortality. I feel your pain and know not any solution but that faithful resolution you show here everyday. Peace.

PostPosted:  

The only reason why one could fairly feel lonely is by knowing that he does know the truth. Does he? Does UB make us know the true? Not because we read UB we know exactly what God (the truth) is? We shall normally go beyond UB to know the truth, and that's the most difficult part of the our evolutionary process...

Normally, if one really know the truth, for him, loneliness should mean more than not being understood by others.

FanofVan, you really think Aron is experiencing the same feelings as Jesus (within his family relationship)? No need to reply, just think about this...

PostPosted:  

I believe Jesus "felt" every human emotion and transcended it without sin.

(1407.7) 128:1.2 Joshua ben Joseph knew full well that he was a man, a mortal man, born of woman. This is shown in the selection of his first title, the Son of Man. He was truly a partaker of flesh and blood, and even now, as he presides in sovereign authority over the destinies of a universe, he still bears among his numerous well-earned titles that of Son of Man. It is literally true that the creative Word — the Creator Son — of the Universal Father was “made flesh and dwelt as a man of the realm on Urantia.” He labored, grew weary, rested, and slept. He hungered and satisfied such cravings with food; he thirsted and quenched his thirst with water. He experienced the full gamut of human feelings and emotions; he was “in all things tested, even as you are,” and he suffered and died.

(1407.8) 128:1.3 He obtained knowledge, gained experience, and combined these into wisdom, just as do other mortals of the realm. Until after his baptism he availed himself of no supernatural power. He employed no agency not a part of his human endowment as a son of Joseph and Mary.

(1408.1) 128:1.4 As to the attributes of his prehuman existence, he emptied himself. Prior to the beginning of his public work his knowledge of men and events was wholly self-limited. He was a true man among men.

(1408.2) 128:1.5 It is forever and gloriously true: “We have a high ruler who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities. We have a Sovereign who was in all points tested and tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” And since he himself has suffered, being tested and tried, he is abundantly able to understand and minister to those who are confused and distressed.

(1405.4) 127:6.12 Jesus is rapidly becoming a man, not just a young man but an adult. He has learned well to bear responsibility. He knows how to carry on in the face of disappointment. He bears up bravely when his plans are thwarted and his purposes temporarily defeated. He has learned how to be fair and just even in the face of injustice. He is learning how to adjust his ideals of spiritual living to the practical demands of earthly existence. He is learning how to plan for the achievement of a higher and distant goal of idealism while he toils earnestly for the attainment of a nearer and immediate goal of necessity. He is steadily acquiring the art of adjusting his aspirations to the commonplace demands of the human occasion. He has very nearly mastered the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive to turn the mechanism of material achievement. He is slowly learning how to live the heavenly life while he continues on with the earthly existence. More and more he depends upon the ultimate guidance of his heavenly Father while he assumes the fatherly role of guiding and directing the children of his earth family. He is becoming experienced in the skillful wresting of victory from the very jaws of defeat; he is learning how to transform the difficulties of time into the triumphs of eternity.

(1405.5) 127:6.13 And so, as the years pass, this young man of Nazareth continues to experience life as it is lived in mortal flesh on the worlds of time and space. He lives a full, representative, and replete life on Urantia. He left this world ripe in the experience which his creatures pass through during the short and strenuous years of their first life, the life in the flesh. And all this human experience is an eternal possession of the Universe Sovereign. He is our understanding brother, sympathetic friend, experienced sovereign, and merciful father.

(1407.1) 128:0.1 AS JESUS of Nazareth entered upon the early years of his adult life, he had lived, and continued to live, a normal and average human life on earth. Jesus came into this world just as other children come; he had nothing to do with selecting his parents. He did choose this particular world as the planet whereon to carry out his seventh and final bestowal, his incarnation in the likeness of mortal flesh, but otherwise he entered the world in a natural manner, growing up as a child of the realm and wrestling with the vicissitudes of his environment just as do other mortals on this and on similar worlds.

(1538.1) 138:0.1 AFTER preaching the sermon on “The Kingdom,” Jesus called the six apostles together that afternoon and began to disclose his plans for visiting the cities around and about the Sea of Galilee. His brothers James and Jude were very much hurt because they were not called to this conference. Up to this time they had regarded themselves as belonging to Jesus’ inner circle of associates. But Jesus planned to have no close relatives as members of this corps of apostolic directors of the kingdom. This failure to include James and Jude among the chosen few, together with his apparent aloofness from his mother ever since the experience at Cana, was the starting point of an ever-widening gulf between Jesus and his family. This situation continued throughout his public ministry — they very nearly rejected him — and these differences were not fully removed until after his death and resurrection. His mother constantly wavered between attitudes of fluctuating faith and hope, and increasing emotions of disappointment, humiliation, and despair. Only Ruth, the youngest, remained unswervingly loyal to her father-brother.

(1538.2) 138:0.2 Until after the resurrection, Jesus’ entire family had very little to do with his ministry. If a prophet is not without honor save in his own country, he is not without understanding appreciation save in his own family.

Yes Geraldine, our Master lived the complete life of a mortal of the realm and had such an isolation from family due to His beliefs and His decisions and His priorities. There can be no doubt of this truth....that's what makes Him the hero and friend and brother to every mortal as our Creator Son and our example.

(1722.4) 154:6.8 Mary and Jesus’ brothers thought that Jesus did not understand them, that he had lost interest in them, little realizing that it was they who failed to understand Jesus. Jesus fully understood how difficult it is for men to break with their past. He knew how human beings are swayed by the preacher’s eloquence, and how the conscience responds to emotional appeal as the mind does to logic and reason, but he also knew how far more difficult it is to persuade men to disown the past.

(1722.5) 154:6.9 It is forever true that all who may think they are misunderstood or not appreciated have in Jesus a sympathizing friend and an understanding counselor. He had warned his apostles that a man’s foes may be they of his own household, but he had hardly realized how near this prediction would come to apply to his own experience. Jesus did not forsake his earth family to do his Father’s work — they forsook him. Later on, after the Master’s death and resurrection, when James became connected with the early Christian movement, he suffered immeasurably as a result of his failure to enjoy this earlier association with Jesus and his disciples.

Peace.

PostPosted:  

The Bible sais God told us "I will never leave you nor forsake you". That sometimes may bring about our use of faith. Yet that should be enough for us.

PostPosted:  

On that note:
As a matter of conviction, I made the Bible a big part of my life, and that is because of my search for truth. I realize the human need for the profound love of God, but I also believe that His righteousness cannot allow His love to detract from His justice. In any case, Im just sharing that I am abiding in the truth of the Bible, and that is because of my need for sound doctrine. I believe the true Son of God Jesus Christ clearly imparted the faith He wished us to have at the time He came in the flesh. But fear not, sais He, "I will come again".

Because of this, I renounce all false doctrine. The scriptures are the Word of God.

PostPosted:  

'' Im just sharing that I am abiding in the truth of the Bible, and that is because of my need for sound doctrine. ''

Uh Okay

And Just What Version of The Bible ?

As There are so many , and different Ones

The Bible may contain many Truths an Pearls of Wisdom
But The Bible IS Not INFALLIBLE
, IT Contains Errors , False Doctrines ,
Personal Opinions an Beliefs Of Paul And Others That Are In Error ,

Definition of INFALLIBLE
1: incapable of error : unerring <an infallible memory>
2: not liable to mislead, deceive, or disappoint : certain <an infallible remedy>
3: incapable of error in defining doctrines touching faith or morals
— in·fal·li·bil·i·ty \-ˌfa-lə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun
— in·fal·li·bly \-ˈfa-lə-blē\ adverb

PostPosted:  

Scriptures

159:4.1 And then went Jesus over to Abila, where Nathaniel and his associates labored. Nathaniel was much bothered by some of Jesus’ pronouncements which seemed to detract from the authority of the recognized Hebrew scriptures. Accordingly, on this night, after the usual period of questions and answers, Nathaniel took Jesus away from the others and asked: “Master, could you trust me to know the truth about the Scriptures? I observe that you teach us only a portion of the sacred writings — the best as I view it — and I infer that you reject the teachings of the rabbis to the effect that the words of the law are the very words of God, having been with God in heaven even before the times of Abraham and Moses. What is the truth about the Scriptures?” When Jesus heard the question of his bewildered apostle, he answered:

159:4.2 Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching. The words of the law of Moses and the teachings of the Scriptures were not in existence before Abraham. Only in recent times have the Scriptures been gathered together as we now have them. While they contain the best of the higher thoughts and longings of the Jewish people, they also contain much that is far from being representative of the character and teachings of the Father in heaven; wherefore must I choose from among the better teachings those truths which are to be gleaned for the gospel of the kingdom.

159:4.3 These writings are the work of men, some of them holy men, others not so holy. The teachings of these books represent the views and extent of enlightenment of the times in which they had their origin. As a revelation of truth, the last are more dependable than the first. The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin, but mistake not, they do constitute the best collection of religious wisdom and spiritual truth to be found in all the world at this time.

159:4.4 Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6 The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

159:4.9 But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scriptures is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

159:5.1 At Philadelphia, where James was working, Jesus taught the disciples about the positive nature of the gospel of the kingdom. When, in the course of his remarks, he intimated that some parts of the Scripture were more truth-containing than others and admonished his hearers to feed their souls upon the best of the spiritual food, James interrupted the Master, asking: “Would you be good enough, Master, to suggest to us how we may choose the better passages from the Scriptures for our personal edification?” And Jesus replied: “Yes, James, when you read the Scriptures look for those eternally true and divinely beautiful teachings, such as:

159:5.7 And this is illustrative of the way Jesus, day by day, appropriated the cream of the Hebrew scriptures for the instruction of his followers and for inclusion in the teachings of the new gospel of the kingdom. Other religions had suggested the thought of the nearness of God to man, but Jesus made the care of God for man like the solicitude of a loving father for the welfare of his dependent children and then made this teaching the cornerstone of his religion. And thus did the doctrine of the fatherhood of God make imperative the practice of the brotherhood of man. The worship of God and the service of man became the sum and substance of his religion. Jesus took the best of the Jewish religion and translated it to a worthy setting in the new teachings of the gospel of the kingdom.

159:5.9 Jesus did not hesitate to appropriate the better half of a Scripture while he repudiated the lesser portion. His great exhortation, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” he took from the Scripture which reads: “You shall not take vengeance against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus appropriated the positive portion of this Scripture while rejecting the negative part. He even opposed negative or purely passive nonresistance. Said he: “When an enemy smites you on one cheek, do not stand there dumb and passive but in positive attitude turn the other; that is, do the best thing possible actively to lead your brother in error away from the evil paths into the better ways of righteous living.” Jesus required his followers to react positively and aggressively to every life situation. The turning of the other cheek, or whatever act that may typify, demands initiative, necessitates vigorous, active, and courageous expression of the believer’s personality.

PostPosted:  

LFS good for you here is a trophy for your ability to repeat the words of corrupt priests who perverted the writings of the bible.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hi Aaron:

In times like this I think it is best to take a rest from words altogether. Words are symbols of thoughts and therefore removed from reality. Written words are symbols of symbols and are twice removed from reality.

Stay with the Father for a season and listen to that still small voice that will not forsake you. Pray and meditate without words and know the Father in Heaven.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Hello everyone, this is my first post. In regards to loneliness I have felt this for the last 20 yrs. Always having to keep quiet, unable to share because no one gets it, and one can't press upon someone else. So one just keeps it in and it is hard because the happiness one feels (what I get) one wants others to have too. As TUB states, we all need to be patient and we know that patience is a really big deal according to TUB. The Morontia lesson No. 18 states .." Impatience is a spiritual poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet's nest.." And we know now how impatience was Eve's weakness which Caligastia used against her to bring down the Garden and the rest.

Anyway I'm not lonely anymore because I can express myself on this site. Yay!

PostPosted:  

Hay Hex ..Welcome to Truthbook.com
Hope you become a regular member here .. new blood is always a good thing, and it seems you have been reading the U.B. for some time..great...love to hear your insights and some of your journey
hopefully you can make some good friends here as well

till than keep coming back.