Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I believe that the Rosary is something that will be translated from the religious mores of one religion into the next age. I have received Signs and revelatory confirmations that the angeLs abide in our prayers and devotions with the Mother Spirit. Mary, dAnA, and the Mother Spirit (Divine Minister) have served as the objective liaison of prayers.

Last weekend, I was listening to the story of Saint Philomena, who was venerated and christened by the Vatican Church during the 19th century. It was an audio download that I played on my computer speakers, and I had lights on in the other room. I was listening to the Singer testify AS PHILOMENA, a part in her fable where/when she professes to the Roman Emperor Diocletus "You cannot marry me, for I am formerly betrothed unto Jesus Christ". During this moment, I had seen the electricity bend and fluctuate through the lights. This is not the miracle, but it is evidence for Spirit-Personalities nature & power.

It is obvious for myself that there is some mystery of spiritual contact through the devotions and exercises associated with mediations of the Rosary. It is an integral part of the monastic life. Even though the URANTIA book mandates formal work and service, those Brothers and Sisters who have entered convents and monasteries know more about the Universal Brotherhood than I could honestly expect to fathom at this stage in my life. These are brothers and sisters who honestly look at each and every one of us, though we see our selves as strangers, as truly kin.

I am intrigued and excited by the possibility of many institutions going through great changes and regeneration. I am not willing to give up the rosary votive and grace offerings, but I am resolute that the URANTIA book possesses superior facts and philosophies, which suit our world and generation.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

When I was a kid I always liked to carry those rosary necklaces around. I can't think of any reason though why any object would affect the spiritual personality's or spirit . These being's can barely even make out the physical structures that we live in. As was stated by the revelators in the ub.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Prayer, worship, and praise tools may not be, in and of themselves, spiritually endowed or relevant to higher personalities but there are valid reasons for their use by those seeking or demonstrating faith. The human use of symbols and rituals can aid in focus, recall, and comfort. For those who can actually eliminate self-ego in prayer, meditation, and worship they can act as the reference connection to physicality. Many people of many cultures and religions use totems, charms, beads, fetishes, symbols, prayer wheels, mandalas, and similar aids.

As for "seeing electricity bend", many believe that the forms, colors, lights, energy, even solids that we behold are a perception of reality and not the reality itself. With and without the assistance of mind altering agencies, much of what is seen one way is seen quite differently based on different viewers or the same viewer's different states of "being". Time and space are illusions of perspective...they certainly exist but the same phenomena can look very differently from perception to perception and perceiver to perceiver. The abrogation of time is not IMO a solely divine reality or if it is, it can be experienced to some degree by the human mind - time measured by the speed of light (or anything slower) may be absolute but the mind can slow down or speed up time as experienced or witnessed in some fashion.

TUB does not seem to dismiss the value of religious icons and symbols to some faith seekers so long as it aids the personal religious experience.....but better I think if it does not become the "source" of power or the "object" of worship itself as many more primitive folk have held and still do today.

As a basic time perception illustration, tell a 10 year old they have to wait a month for something and tell someone older they have a year to live....the month will take far more "time" than the year will. Really. Years now seem like months as I get older, time is compressing or accelerating one. The mind is one mysterious place.

PostPosted:  

This appears to be a UB theme:

...The strong must not look with disdain upon the weak. Those who are God-conscious without symbolism must not deny the grace-ministry of the symbol to those who find it difficult to worship Deity and to revere truth, beauty, and goodness without form and ritual.... (999:3) 91:5.7

...No matter how illusory and erroneous one's theology, one's religion may be wholly genuine and everlastingly true.... (1140:8) 103:9.2

PostPosted:  

The secret

196:0.10 Jesus brought to God, as a man of the realm, the greatest of all offerings: the consecration and dedication of his own will to the majestic service of doing the divine will. Jesus always and consistently interpreted religion wholly in terms of the Father’s will. When you study the career of the Master, as concerns prayer or any other feature of the religious life, look not so much for what he taught as for what he did. Jesus never prayed as a religious duty. To him prayer was a sincere expression of spiritual attitude, a declaration of soul loyalty, a recital of personal devotion, an expression of thanksgiving, an avoidance of emotional tension, a prevention of conflict, an exaltation of intellection, an ennoblement of desire, a vindication of moral decision, an enrichment of thought, an invigoration of higher inclinations, a consecration of impulse, a clarification of viewpoint, a declaration of faith, a transcendental surrender of will, a sublime assertion of confidence, a revelation of courage, the proclamation of discovery, a confession of supreme devotion, the validation of consecration, a technique for the adjustment of difficulties, and the mighty mobilization of the combined soul powers to withstand all human tendencies toward selfishness, evil, and sin. He lived just such a life of prayerful consecration to the doing of his Father’s will and ended his life triumphantly with just such a prayer.

The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; and he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship — unbroken communion with God — and not by leadings, voices, visions, or extraordinary religious practices.

Last edited by coop on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:34 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

The Soul's Attitude

Words are irrelevant to prayer; they are merely the intellectual channel in which the river of spiritual supplication may chance to flow...God answers the soul's attitude, not the words.

The Urantia Book, (91:8.12)

PostPosted:  

91:6.6 Prayer has been an indispensable factor in the progress and preservation of religious civilization, and it still has mighty contributions to make to the further enhancement and spiritualization of society if those who pray will only do so in the light of scientific facts, philosophic wisdom, intellectual sincerity, and spiritual faith.

Pray as Jesus taught his disciples — honestly, unselfishly, with fairness, and without doubting.

Not By Bread Alone
By Michael Dudash

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
This appears to be a UB theme:

...The strong must not look with disdain upon the weak. Those who are God-conscious without symbolism must not deny the grace-ministry of the symbol to those who find it difficult to worship Deity and to revere truth, beauty, and goodness without form and ritual.... (999:3) 91:5.7

Emanuel Swedenborg's theory of correspondence is a way of believing that the natural world is fashioned as the reflection of the spiritual realm.

The Urantia Book states that the material cosmos is relegated by the physical gravity circuits from the Isle of Paradise Source & Center, a completely different process and make-up than the spiritual-gravity circuits of the Eternal Son. Nevertheless, the Conjoint Actor controls the mind circuit that acts as the conciliator that unifies both circuits. I believe this the mind-circuit is the access path that provides helpful revelation to the philosophical soul, when contemplating natural objects.

For me, this implies that every tool, every element, and every natural dynamic can be searched and through worshipful contemplation, shown to be an object of revelation. The healing of Josiah was decidedly a symbolic event that Jesus used in hopes that the Sanhedrin among others would "see the light" of the Father's revelation through the Son.

The Masonic Brotherhood eschews a spiritual votive in every tool within its trade, from cement (as the seal of brotherhood), to the hammers and trowel. The inferentially derivative spiritual-function of a natural tool is easier to identify when the object has function. I am not at such high-spiritual level that I could "do without" these training objects. For me, the rosary reminds me of the very long road that leads to Havona and beyond.

The Thought Adjusters communicate to the superconscious mind in a similar means. These Heaven-sent helpers utilize any and all human experience, especially the intellectual knowledge of symbols [letters, pictograms, religiously associated icons] in order to usher and lure the soul towards ever-increasing spiritual experience.