Dreams - page 1 | Urantia Book Forum |

Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:20 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted:  

TUB tells us that dreams can be used by our adjusters if we are spiritually able to allow this.

(1208.1) 110:5.2 Man’s dream experiences, that disordered and disconnected parade of the un-co-ordinated sleeping mind, present adequate proof of the failure of the Adjusters to harmonize and associate the divergent factors of the mind of man. The Adjusters simply cannot, in a single lifetime, arbitrarily co-ordinate and synchronize two such unlike and diverse types of thinking as the human and the divine. When they do, as they sometimes have, such souls are translated directly to the mansion worlds without the necessity of passing through the experience of death.

(1208.2) 110:5.3 During the slumber season the Adjuster attempts to achieve only that which the will of the indwelt personality has previously fully approved by the decisions and choosings which were made during times of fully wakeful consciousness, and which have thereby become lodged in the realms of the supermind, the liaison domain of human and divine interrelationship.

(1208.3) 110:5.4 While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Adjusters try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Adjusters. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep.

Just wondering if anyone has had a dream they consider spiritual. I have had a few, but they may have just been from my own mind.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted:  

Nope... I have resigned myself to being pretty unspiritual for the most part in this first life.

PostPosted:  

I have had some that I might put in the category of spiritual but, I really don’t give it too much afterthought because of the warnings in the UB that state how much better off we would be spiritually if we do not indulge ideas of what I would call special messages or spirit speak if you will.

Where I do take notice from a spiritual perspective however, is when I have prayed for some sort of spiritual growth or understanding and the answer has seemed to come as the most unwelcome lesson.... like the following quote from the UB:

(557.2) 48:7.18 16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.

I can’t judge my dreams that well because my dreams are subtle whereas my life’s adversities are quite in my face. It is better for me this way, I used to be somewhat fanatical as a young Catholic boy, and as an adult I have the tendency to be over conscientious a bit. So, I don’t go there anymore and a lot of it thanks to the grounding of the UB.

I will qualify my statement by saying that I do like it when I feel that a dream I had was spiritual in nature, and what I do is separate out the good feeling from any mental message I think I may have received. Mine is not to interpret a message but, to keep in my heart that feeling of goodness that lifts my spirits.

Sincerely,

Paul

PostPosted:  

freethinker67 wrote:
TUB tells us that dreams can be used by our adjusters if we are spiritually able to allow this.

(1208.1) 110:5.2 Man’s dream experiences, that disordered and disconnected parade of the un-co-ordinated sleeping mind, present adequate proof of the failure of the Adjusters to harmonize and associate the divergent factors of the mind of man. The Adjusters simply cannot, in a single lifetime, arbitrarily co-ordinate and synchronize two such unlike and diverse types of thinking as the human and the divine. When they do, as they sometimes have, such souls are translated directly to the mansion worlds without the necessity of passing through the experience of death.

(1208.2) 110:5.3 During the slumber season the Adjuster attempts to achieve only that which the will of the indwelt personality has previously fully approved by the decisions and choosings which were made during times of fully wakeful consciousness, and which have thereby become lodged in the realms of the supermind, the liaison domain of human and divine interrelationship.

(1208.3) 110:5.4 While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Adjusters try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Adjusters. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep.

Just wondering if anyone has had a dream they consider spiritual. I have had a few, but they may have just been from my own mind.

Yes, I've had a few dreams I consider spiritual, but some of them, I think, were tainted with my own preconceptions about Deity (for example, dreams which have involved the wrath of God, which I now know to have their origin in fear).

My most vivid spiritual dream involved me rising into the skies, observing a magnificent white light, and willing myself to go towards it, but I was told "you can come no further." The dream ended with the same voice saying, "respect is the key to the kingdom." I think this is my most "pure" spiritual dream, if you can call them that!

However, I think that we should always take precaution when attempting to derive superhuman meaning from our dreams. :) As the poster above me said, we should keep hold of the positive feelings associated with that dream, but perhaps shy away from claiming we have received messages from God. I need to keep this particularly in mind because my dream life is pretty vivid! :P

God bless.

PostPosted:  

Here is something interesting to try...

Ask friends. coworkers who dreams in vivid color and who dreams in black and white. I have found that a lot of the vivid color dreamers are more spiritually advance than the black awnd white ones.

PostPosted:  

Freetinker =;

'' I have found that a lot of the vivid color dreamers are more spiritually advance than the black awnd white ones.''

That sounds Racist lol :?

And Just How Can an Do YOU Personaly Decide Or Judge
Who IS More Spiritualy Advanced Than Another :?:

In GODs Eyes We Are ALL Equal Spiritualy !

Dreams Have Little or Nothing To Do With Ones
Level of Spiritual Self Mastery ...
Or What Level One IS On in Their Psychic Circle .

ITs By Ones Spiritual Fruit That We Know Them .

110:5.2 Man’s dream experiences, that disordered and disconnected parade of the un-co-ordinated sleeping mind, present adequate proof of the failure of the Adjusters to harmonize and associate the divergent factors of the mind of man. The Adjusters simply cannot, in a single lifetime, arbitrarily co-ordinate and synchronize two such unlike and diverse types of thinking as the human and the divine. When they do, as they sometimes have, such souls are translated directly to the mansion worlds without the necessity of passing through the experience of death.

110:5.4 While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Adjusters try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Adjusters. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep.

110:5.5 It is extremely dangerous to postulate as to the Adjuster content of the dream life. The Adjusters do work during sleep, but your ordinary dream experiences are purely physiologic and psychologic phenomena. Likewise, it is hazardous to attempt the differentiation of the Adjusters’ concept registry from the more or less continuous and conscious reception of the dictations of mortal conscience. These are problems which will have to be solved through individual discrimination and personal decision. But a human being would do better to err in rejecting an Adjuster’s expression through believing it to be a purely human experience than to blunder into exalting a reaction of the mortal mind to the sphere of divine dignity. Remember, the influence of a Thought Adjuster is for the most part, though not wholly, a superconscious experience.

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
Freetinker =;

'' I have found that a lot of the vivid color dreamers are more spiritually advance than the black awnd white ones.''

That sounds Racist lol :?

And Just How Can an Do YOU Personaly Decide Or Judge
Who IS More Spiritualy Advanced Than Another :?:

In GODs Eyes We Are ALL Equal Spiritualy !

Dreams Have Little or Nothing To Do With Ones
Level of Spiritual Self Mastery ...
Or What Level One IS On in Their Psychic Circle .

ITs By Ones Spiritual Fruit That We Know Them .

I would have to disagree. The UB is full of references to those who have more spiritual potential, or potential to attain adjuster fusion. Virgin adjusters are assigned to those who display little potential. Yes, God is no respecter of persons, but it is our spiritual potential, and our willingness to reach that potential that separates us and makes us different. Just the fact that there are 7 rings of attainment shows that we can make progress and achieve status.

The people who told me they dream in B&W are in no way concerned about their spiritual existence, while a lot of those who dream in color have found spirituality in some form. As we grow spiritually, our human brain begins to change to allow better communication with our adjuster and the spirit realm.

:biggrin:

PostPosted:  

7. The interpretation of dreams is largely a superstitious and groundless system of ignorant and fantastic speculation. The gospel of the kingdom must have nothing in common with the soothsayer priests of primitive religion.

Everyone Has Spiritual Potential ~ And Dreams Have NOTHING
To DO With It ! . Period .

Dream ON .

Yes ~ Some People may indeed Be Higher Or Lower
On The Psycic Circles , YET That Doesnt Make One
Chosen or More Divine in Spirit , Or Necessarily More or Less Spiritual .
Nor Does the Type Of Adjuster Define Ones Potential .

Remember That The Keys to The Kingdom
ARE
39:4.14 THE KEYS of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them — advance in spirit status — by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always — in any sphere, in all of them — this is to choose to do the will of God. If man thus chooses, he is great, though he be the humblest citizen of Jerusem or even the least of mortals on Urantia.

Yes all Can Grow And '' advance in spirit status ''
But Dreams Have Diddly Squat To DO With It ,
And spirit status Is Another Topic . IF You wish to start one ok .
This Topic Is Dreams ,
Yet YOU Seem To Think That You Can Judge or Rate The
Spiritual Status Of Another By wether THEY Dream in
Color or Black or white , Thats Not Only Absurd But
Awfull Self Righteous and Judgemental Of Anothers Dreams
That YOU Cant Possibly Know or Relate to Yourself .
Who the Hell Do You Think You Are Anyways ...
Some Psychic Dream Interpreter ! :roll:

Theres NO Race to the Finish Line !

I Have Two Free Tickets to the Astral Plane
You Can Have .

BTW ; I Dream In Morontria Mota 3d Color !
NO Glasses Needed .

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
7. The interpretation of dreams is largely a superstitious and groundless system of ignorant and fantastic speculation. The gospel of the kingdom must have nothing in common with the soothsayer priests of primitive religion.

Everyone Has Spiritual Potential ~ And Dreams Have NOTHING
To DO With It ! . Period .

Dream ON .

Yes ~ Some People may indeed Be Higher Or Lower
On The Psycic Circles , YET That Doesnt Make One
Chosen or More Divine in Spirit , Or Necessarily More or Less Spiritual .
Nor Does the Type Of Adjuster Define Ones Potential .

Remember That The Keys to The Kingdom
ARE
39:4.14 THE KEYS of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them — advance in spirit status — by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always — in any sphere, in all of them — this is to choose to do the will of God. If man thus chooses, he is great, though he be the humblest citizen of Jerusem or even the least of mortals on Urantia.

Yes all Can Grow And '' advance in spirit status ''
But Dreams Have Diddly Squat To DO With It ,
And spirit status Is Another Topic . IF You wish to start one ok .
This Topic Is Dreams ,
Yet YOU Seem To Think That You Can Judge or Rate The
Spiritual Status Of Another By wether THEY Dream in
Color or Black or white , Thats Not Only Absurd But
Awfull Self Righteous and Judgemental Of Anothers Dreams
That YOU Cant Possibly Know or Relate to Yourself .
Who the Hell Do You Think You Are Anyways ...
Some Psychic Dream Interpreter ! :roll:

Theres NO Race to the Finish Line !

I Have Two Free Tickets to the Astral Plane
You Can Have .

BTW ; I Dream In Morontria Mota 3d Color !
NO Glasses Needed .

As we begin to advance spiritually we will being to notice changes in our brain and our communication level with our adjuster and the spirit world. Dreams may or may not be spiritual...we are best to assume not, but the increasing abilities of the mind are related to our spiritual progression.....as is the total lack of anger and malice towards our spiritual brethren.

Jesus warned us against spiritual pride, but the evidence of spiritual progress is clear and tangible.

:smile:

PostPosted:  

Also, we should not look at spiritual progress as a race to be won. We are all winners.

We should look at it as a ladder....we should not look up at those on higher rungs with envy, nor look down on those at lower rung with pride and malice....instead we should be thankful for the climb, seek wisdom from those who have climbed before us and seek to help lift those who are beginning the climb. We should always be looking to climb higher and appreciate the lower rungs we have already traversed. Just the fact that we have started to climb should be commended.