Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi everyone,

Because I started out my religious journey as a "born again" Christian then I was introduced to TUB,
(started reading in 1998 from cover to cover, I am reading it for the 8th time now), I think it might be helpful to the
"Christian" type of believer to write a book on the "History Of Christianity". I've titled it "Christianity Unveiled".

This book focuses on the history of "Sacrifices" found in TUB and I will include bible passages throughout also.
Plus I will show how early sacrifices evolved into Paul's belief of the "Sacrificial Lamb" becoming Jesus Christ.

This may end up as a controversial read, mainly to steadfast Bible believing people, who mainly think there is no other truth besides the bible.

I think this may also become a hot topic for sincere "Truth Seekers".

If you have any suggestions please post or email me at majestone@majestone.com

Thank you,

Chris D. C.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

This writing project is going great!!

TUB has a wealth of information regarding "Sacrifices" and the evolution of religion.
It makes it easy to write a "Book" on the origin and history of Christianity.

I will also use a King James version of the Holy Bible to keep from unwanted criticism when noting past and present "Sacrificial Systems".

It may take a while to finish the book since I'm starting college on Monday (June 6th).

8)

PostPosted:  

191:4.2 He stepped forward from where he had appeared between Abner and Lazarus, neither of whom had observed him, and saluting the company, said: 191:4.3 "Peace be upon you.

born again means find the same dependence on the universal father that an infant has on his parents. it's not about the childlike nice qualities of a child like trusting or non-judgemental in be as a little child. i'm currently re-reading through tub myself right now after not have doing that since i first read through tub thrice back in 1990-1991. the history of christianity is covered very well in tub. 196:2.4 But the greatest mistake was made in that, while the human Jesus was recognized as having a religion, the divine Jesus (Christ) almost overnight became a religion. Paul’s Christianity made sure of the adoration of the divine Christ, but it almost wholly lost sight of the struggling and valiant human Jesus of Galilee, who, by the valor of his personal religious faith and the heroism of his indwelling Adjuster, ascended from the lowly levels of humanity to become one with divinity, thus becoming the new and living way whereby all mortals may so ascend from humanity to divinity.

here's the greatest mistake of christianity, how can anyone write anything better about christianity than what's already in tub. those who believe the bible won't give your book a second thought.

Majestone wrote:
Hi everyone,

Because I started out my religious journey as a "born again" Christian then I was introduced to TUB,
(started reading in 1998 from cover to cover, I am reading it for the 8th time now), I think it might be helpful to the
"Christian" type of believer to write a book on the "History Of Christianity". I've titled it "Christianity Unveiled".

This book focuses on the history of "Sacrifices" found in TUB and I will include bible passages throughout also.
Plus I will show how early sacrifices evolved into Paul's belief of the "Sacrificial Lamb" becoming Jesus Christ.

This may end up as a controversial read, mainly to steadfast Bible believing people, who mainly think there is no other truth besides the bible.

I think this may also become a hot topic for sincere "Truth Seekers".

If you have any suggestions please post or email me at majestone@majestone.com

Thank you,

Chris D. C.

PostPosted:  

"Christianity Unveiled" would not be focusing on already "born of the spirit" individuals, instead it would primarily be for
those who are just beginning to search for religion and maybe want to learn about the truth of the origins of Christianity.

If a person would learn of the barbaric sacrifices of our world's past that evolved and led up to Paul's "sacrificial lamb" teachings, they might take a second thought of plunging into secular Christianity.

At the same time opportunity would be given them to know about the "Fifth Epochal Revelation" and a true religion of an individual's relationship with God and God's merciful acceptance of man that, through faith, this same person can become a "faith son of God".

"...mercy is not to be thrust upon those who despise it; mercy is not a gift to be trampled under foot by the persistent rebels of time. Nevertheless, though mercy is thus precious and dearly bestowed, your individual drawing credits are always far in excess of your ability to exhaust the reserve if you are sincere of purpose and honest of heart."
The Urantia Book (314.6) 28:6.7

Our true faith is not based on Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, that's Paul's mistake that has caused the cult of "Christianity".

It's all about perspective and approach. There are many religious books out there, but none of them explaining the barbaric attitude of sacrifices, etc.

This writing project can shed some light on a great subject.

I have my own Urantia Book style website and I am going to devote a page to my "Christianity Unveiled" project.

http://majestone.com

My website is coming along just fine. Would you like to check it out?

Thank you for your replies!!
:smile:

PostPosted:  

Hello brothers and sisters,

What I have so far on "Christianity Unveiled" on my website:

http://majestone.com/page10.html

is really eye-opening.

It is so far compiled solely from TUB and it clears up the misconceptions of evolved redemption from sacrifice
and shows that Paul unintentionally started the whole belief of the "blood of Jesus" doctrines, now we hear as dogma.

Take the time to read these sections, especially if you are from a bible believing background.

It may just make you think twice about "forgiveness" and how to receive it.

Majestone

PostPosted:  

Dear Majestone - This is a good work...I hope many seeking Christians find you! When we break it down with facts and historical, evolutionary observations, these old ideas begin to lose a lot of their mystery and fear. This is revelatory information of TUB that is so valuable for our modern times...from these facts, new meanings and values can be formulated.

Good work!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Thank You Mary Jo,

I am going to continue with my research and compilation on this subject as I find time.

I believe since people come from all walks of life and then find TUB, I am approaching the dissemination of TUB's teachings in a
way that may appeal to readers who may be involved, or thinking about becoming involved with Christianity.

The other task is to bring readers to the source. I have, and will continue to, submit my website to various search engines with different keywords which I hope will draw people to my website.

Since I do not offer anything for sale at this time, it is solely a free portal to the "Fifth Epochal Revelation".

Thank you again Mary Jo.

PostPosted:  

Good...I think there are a lot of "seeking" Christians out there right now...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Just as an aside: I was at a metaphysical expo here in Denver yesterday. Our society sponsors a booth where we can do outreach at these sorts of gatherings. There were so many people there, and we sold a ton of Urantia Books - it was great to talk to so many seekers, and so many of them told of having been this-or-that religion, but they just don't believe that Jesus died for our sins. I talked to at least three people about that yesterday. I think the Atonement doctrine is a hot topic right now, and there is a conversation happening in peoples' minds...

And they believe in a spiritual awakening that is happening right now, and they are part of it and looking for a safe place to land where they feel free.

This is good work. I wish you all the best.

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Just as an aside: I was at a metaphysical expo here in Denver yesterday. Our society sponsors a booth where we can do outreach at these sorts of gatherings. There were so many people there, and we sold a ton of Urantia Books - it was great to talk to so many seekers, and so many of them told of having been this-or-that religion, but they just don't believe that Jesus died for our sins. I talked to at least three people about that yesterday. I think the Atonement doctrine is a hot topic right now, and there is a conversation happening in peoples' minds...

And they believe in a spiritual awakening that is happening right now, and they are part of it and looking for a safe place to land where they feel free.

This is good work. I wish you all the best.

MaryJo

Wow awesome stuff Mary, that is really great work. No doubt the atonement doctrine is confusing even for devout bible readers.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Good Job MaryJo!!

It's nice to hear about open-minded and spiritually ready people out there in the field.
Now that I've become a member of UAI/USA/Utah I am looking forward to participating in booth expos and book sales.
I am waiting on our local President to return from out of town.

Thank You Boomshuka for you support!!

I am pleased with the progress of TUB in this world. I am glad to be a part of it.

Let's all keep up the good work!!

"Religion is now confronted by the challenge of a new age of scientific minds and materialistic tendencies. In this gigantic struggle between the secular and the spiritual, the religion of Jesus will eventually triumph." The Urantia Book (2075.3) 195:4.5

Majestone