Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Georgie wrote:
Hello Dana,

" I think that the people who are constantly asking for help will not get true answers until they understand that having open communication with your TA (or the Holy Spirit as some prefer that term) is NOT about being helped."

It is my firm belief that when you need help or answers in anything within your life, turning to our Heavenly Father is the only sure place to go. What Truelly Loving Parent would not answer or would ignore a confused, or hurt, or questioning child.?

I guess I should have added the word mundane. I see many people using religion as a crutch. Spend the time studying for the test not praying about it is a perfect example. I see people seeking to have answers to prayers about things that are their own responsibility. If we are given answers to everything we learn nothing.
carl marsden wrote:
Dana

Your "advice" concerning helping each other is interesting. Jesus had the gang in twos to allow an intercommunication with each other to farret out what was personally happening.

The use of the internet such as this site is in many ways a joining of each other to farret out each others internal happenings.

We must continue to compliment each other who are carefully unraveling the internal voice communications. In no way should we prevent such God and heavens communications in any email person(s) of sound mind.

This topic about the Voice brings up another area of Urantia recordings regarding what I call the 'Sadler' influence. This influence has many UB'ers super cautious regarding the voice. Yet the UB is riddled with the communications regarding not just voice, but light, song, feelings, forms, etc etc. Perhaps another site topic designated to bring forth the various manefestions UB 'hints' at would be interesting for viewers?
Hugs as we go,
cm

I hesitated before writing the post honestly and am hesitating now a little still. I will say that communication is something I spent a lot of effort to bring about. It did happen rather suddenly and I did deny it at first. But what is, is.

Dana (who is solid and sane, promise)

Quote:
I edited this just to seperate the quote and the answer from each other.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Ms Dana

I ask you to continue with your criticle and careful examination of your spiritual contact(s). This method has worked very well for me, having spent almost all of my wounderful life being enlightened by the spiritual accomplishments within.

Regarding the "use" of God within for daily living I am requesting you consider more involvements, especially from your quiet and then earnest desires to be of His service.

Consider God and yourself on a 50/50 program. His efforts and yours-a super team and to think of it as a team of three, God, TA, and you---and desire to accomplish.

The Goal is a Onesome Team. I know the team is much bigger, but that's another whole subject-and to think, some people think they are alone in the universe--If they only knew! To appreciate this, communications are a necessity.

Hugs , cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

carl marsden wrote:
Ms Dana

I ask you to continue with your criticle and careful examination of your spiritual contact(s). This method has worked very well for me, having spent almost all of my wounderful life being enlightened by the spiritual accomplishments within.

Regarding the "use" of God within for daily living I am requesting you consider more involvements, especially from your quiet and then earnest desires to be of His service.

Consider God and yourself on a 50/50 program. His efforts and yours-a super team and to think of it as a team of three, God, TA, and you---and desire to accomplish.

The Goal is a Onesome Team. I know the team is much bigger, but that's another whole subject-and to think, some people think they are alone in the universe--If they only knew! To appreciate this, communications are a necessity.

Hugs , cm

I thought about what you said over the last few days. To ME (I do not wish to project this onto anyone else at all) it just seems unreasonable and selfish to ask for "help" or "answers" to mundane things. I lead what most people would think is the perfect life so I just have great difficulty asking for anything. There are so many people who have such troubled lives I just end up asking for them to have happiness and healing whenever I would ask for something mundane.
I try very hard to be sure and be grateful to God for the things in my life but I just can't ask for more, I don't have it in me I guess.
Plus I think that God knows what I need even when I do not ask for it. Things I need just seem to appear in my life, they always have.
So I ask for help on things that involve my spiritual grownth but I just can't see my clear to ask for anything when others have so much less than I do (and not just material things) . I guess my prayers are always for others, it's just who I am.

Dana :)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello Dana,

Your post is certainly commendable but it is my personal belief that you are missing out so much in our Loving GOD relationship.

Love the Lord your GOD with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength.

My understanding of the above verse, which can be found in some translations of The Holy Bible and other sacred writings, is that our GOD must be The Number One to each and all of us. Surely when we truelly love our GOD, Love also means to Wholly Trust in everything regardless of what way, shape or form it maybe in?

Dana, my sister, we are Spirits housed in earthly flesh. Our Abba-Amma is not only our GOD and Loving Parent but also our best and wholly trusted friend in all manner of things whether they be of spiritual or earthly since we are of both in this present state. No earthly creature can rightly be a best and wholly trusted friend in all manner of personal and private things because we each have to love all others equally and due to this, we should not confide in one earthly creature that which we cannot tell to all others openly.

Dana, there is no such thing as " mundane " between a True Loving Parent and Child. As long as ye believe there is, ye are unintentionally laying limits on our GOD and possibly making some things harder for yourself in the proccess.

Love is everything
Georgie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2