Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: I could see the wind
PostPosted:  

Something happened to me almost a month ago now that has me still very confused. Not sure what to do with all the feelings. I was at the beach at a local eatery with my family….out having dinner. We had just gotten our order and I was into my second bite when I looked out the window to enjoy the beautiful view of the city across the bay. What I saw was a homeless man going through the garbage cans and eating anything he could find. I felt sick and frustrated and began to cry. I tried hard to keep my feelings in…my daughter was sitting across from me. She could see I was upset and so I pointed out the man and she too started to cry. In her innocence she asked me why he was digging through the garbage instead of asking for food. I had to explain to her how being heartbroken can lead a person to be unable to make any contact or communicate with others. Looking around at the crowd of people eating…many with lots of grey hair, I saw people looking at him like he was some kind of zoo animal, others even laughed…..I can’t see what was funny about this man’s suffering. Seeing this coldness in their behavior really hurt and confused me.
Neither I nor my daughter could eat. My sweetheart who is kind of a big guy and very over protective looked at us both and realized our happy dinner was at an end. He told me to do whatever I needed since the man might receive help from me better. Several of my friends as well as my sweetheart have tried to give him food before, but he backs away like a frightened animal. My daughter handed me her dinner, I grabbed mine and went outside hoping somehow he would take food from me. To my amazement, he took the food, looked me eye to eye, smiled and said thank you. His eyes were clear bright and so very blue. As he reached for the food his hand brushed mine. It was so warm and soft and full of life. I could feel our connection at a very simple and powerful level. I have been unable to shake that moment off since.
I went back to my table in the restaurant and watched him through the window. He was over at the edge of the dock looking out at the scenery enjoying each bite nice and slow. And then I saw it….like seeing the wind…he was connecting with God in his own way…I could actually see it. It filled my aching heart with an incredible sense of joy and a bigger understanding of things around me as a result of witnessing his connection. It was like seeing the wind in that I could not see the physical cause, but I saw evidence of it like you see and feel evidence of the wind. I saw the wind approach by the building waves on the water and I saw his connection to God by the building waves of joy in his heart. I felt the cool breeze of other’s reactions to him on my face; I felt the warm breeze of the Father loving his child wash that cold away and comfort all of me for an instant. Somehow I feel a bit lost in these breezes.
What I am having trouble understanding….how normal does his mind have to be to connect with his adjuster? Will he survive in the fullest state of mental development if he survives at all? How could people laugh at him when all that was really between them and he was about ten feet and one window, and the kind of tragedy and heartbreak that can destroy a person? What can I do to help him?

A bit of background on this fellow: He used to be one of my fishing buddies…..a friend. He was innocent, conversational and of average intelligence. He was destroyed by an unfortunate injustice that left him terrified of people. None of my friends have been able to approach him with any success since…he is like a dog that got beaten and he has spoken to nobody I know for over two years. For him to take food from me, look me in my eyes and actually speak to me was an overwhelming experience for me. I miss who he used to be very much.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: I could see the wind
PostPosted:  

Wow, as I wipe the years from my own eyes I think of how you might
comfort him on in this world or in the next.
Compassionately felt and nicely communicated...thank you!

Far,far behind,is all that they can say.
AHClough

PostPosted:  

I'm deeply touched, fishinmom.

Looks like for a moment you open yourself to your Thought Adjuster. He has his purpose for you and others (those who laugh at him) and himself too. a very touching lesson to learn from

It was like asking whether all the poors and disadvantages has any purpose at all in this scheme of things. or are they any lesser in the eyes of this mercifully perfect God? God knows his spirit while we do not. we could only judged by outward appearances and circumstances but his jugment is all encompassingly complete and perfect.

May God bless us all.

PostPosted:  

I know you did not ask for any advice, but like you , my heart aches for ppl in pain, iether physycal or mental. And as you say there was a time 2 years ago that he was functional and able to manage his life untill a tragic event, i would think that if he had family or even a community that could get him some help like treatment all would be well.

A fund could be started and donations collected by caring ppl in the community. I don't know what the event was that happened to him, but it seems to me he can be help and restored to the person he once was.

PostPosted:  

Thank you for your kind words. Got something warm for him to wear...just got to catch him and get him to take the clothes. I'll keep praying and trying to help him as much as he is willing to take it. His fear is difficult to break through to get even a small moment of trust.

PostPosted:  

Dear Nancy,

Your friend has a thought adjuster just as we do. We can pray that our thought adjusters will communicate with one another. You can do that for your friend and you may see some improvement in his behavior.

I think that what your meal represented was the love of the Father. Each bite that your friend took reminded him that there was something bigger than himself that was watching over him. The wind is like the spirit of the Father caressing his son while his son suffers terrible pain. Your feelings were evidence that you were connecting with the love of the Father. You were feeling the same feelings that the Father feels about each and every one of us. You see, when one suffers we all suffer. The Father is helping you to see that we are all interconnected. It is the fallacy of separateness. The powerful feelings of love, empathy and pain that you felt were the same feelings that the Father experiences when he sees us suffer. But he leaves it to us to act on those feelings of sympathy, empathy and love. By acting on your love you were giving tangible evidence of your love and the love of the Father.

You need not worry about your friend. He will survive. There is nothing that can permanently harm us in this world. We were taken advantage of by superhuman beings that knew better than to take advantage of mere mortals. Our Father and our Sovereign Creator Son are well aware that we did not ask for the situation that we are in. That is why the mansion worlds will correct any defects that we have inherited as a result of the Lucifer rebellion.

What will heal this world and lead us into light and life is the healing power of love. It starts with one person and it keeps spreading until it has infected the entire human race. How do you know that your act of kindness and love did not affect those that were laughing and being callous? They may very well have been moved by your selfless actions. Your solitary act may result in callous persons coming to discover the Father within and then learning about the healing power of love. Those of us in the know Nancy can spread the seeds of love wherever we may go as we pass by. And you spread your love and the love of the Father as you passed by.

Paul

PostPosted:  

Quote:
How do you know that your act of kindness and love did not affect those that were laughing and being callous? They may very well have been moved by your selfless actions. Your solitary act may result in callous persons coming to discover the Father within and then learning about the healing power of love.

I didn't think about that....that helps me very much. I have to admit it has been a struggle getting their faces out of my head. Most of the time...up hear in the Northwest...the people are overly polite, extremely generous and usually very kind hearted...bleeding hearts everywhere. Advertisers often tease us up here for it in commercials...jokes about our green nature and overly polite behavior that can keep everyone stuck at a four way stop forever....so I guess it took me by surprise to see coldness like that out of so many folks at once. I do know that if it was me eating out of garbage cans...I wouldn't want people to laugh. Hopefully more people will see the good left in the struggling individual and reach out too.

I went by the food bank yesterday and couldn't believe the crowd....it is getting really hard out there for so many people...we need prayers for these folks. I am going to try and get another food drive going with the local community colleges again this year....that usually bulks up the food storage. It would be great to do some kind of internet U.B. community wide food drive where we each go to our local food banks with donations and report in on how much we donated....we could total up the weight and value of donations after a period of time and see what us U.B. folks could do for our hungry brothers and sisters over a couple of weeks of working together. Most food banks will tell you how much your donation totals are and give you a receipt...we could post receipt totals or something over a months time....anyone interested? O:)

PostPosted:  

Dear fishinmom,

I agree with Mr Shakita - your actions might have given an otherwise timid soul the courage to go and do likewise. I think that people are frightened sometimes to become "involved" when called to action...it is not so much callousness as it is fear. It does take courage to "go about doing good." So much of the world spins by while we strive to maintain our own safety by maintaining some aloofness to the barrage of need out there. Nearly every street corner in a big city is inhabited by a sign-carrying person asking for help...we become overwhelmed by the constant evidence of need, and hardened by it. To see someone actually step up in public and go out of their way to help is an inspiration...I expect it has ever been so, even in Jesus' day, when he ministered to the courtesans, for example...

Quote:
133:3.6 One evening as they strolled about Corinth out near where the wall of the citadel ran down to the sea, they were accosted by two public women. Ganid had imbibed the idea, and rightly, that Jesus was a man of high ideals, and that he abhorred everything which partook of uncleanness or savored of evil; accordingly he spoke sharply to these women and rudely motioned them away. When Jesus saw this, he said to Ganid: "You mean well, but you should not presume thus to speak to the children of God, even though they chance to be his erring children. Who are we that we should sit in judgment on these women? Do you happen to know all of the circumstances which led them to resort to such methods of obtaining a livelihood? Stop here with me while we talk about these matters." The courtesans were astonished at what he said even more than was Ganid.

133:3.7 As they stood there in the moonlight, Jesus went on to say: "There lives within every human mind a divine spirit, the gift of the Father in heaven. This good spirit ever strives to lead us to God, to help us to find God and to know God; but also within mortals there are many natural physical tendencies which the Creator put there to serve the well-being of the individual and the race. Now, oftentimes, men and women become confused in their efforts to understand themselves and to grapple with the manifold difficulties of making a living in a world so largely dominated by selfishness and sin. I perceive, Ganid, that neither of these women is willfully wicked. I can tell by their faces that they have experienced much sorrow; they have suffered much at the hands of an apparently cruel fate; they have not intentionally chosen this sort of life; they have, in discouragement bordering on despair, surrendered to the pressure of the hour and accepted this distasteful means of obtaining a livelihood as the best way out of a situation that to them appeared hopeless. Ganid, some people are really wicked at heart; they deliberately choose to do mean things, but, tell me, as you look into these now tear-stained faces, do you see anything bad or wicked?" And as Jesus paused for his reply, Ganid's voice choked up as he stammered out his answer: "No, Teacher, I do not. And I apologize for my rudeness to them—I crave their forgiveness." Then said Jesus: "And I bespeak for them that they have forgiven you as I speak for my Father in heaven that he has forgiven them. Now all of you come with me to a friend's house where we will seek refreshment and plan for the new and better life ahead." Up to this time the amazed women had not uttered a word; they looked at each other and silently followed as the men led the way.

133:3.8 Imagine the surprise of Justus' wife when, at this late hour, Jesus appeared with Ganid and these two strangers, saying: "You will forgive us for coming at this hour, but Ganid and I desire a bite to eat, and we would share it with these our new-found friends, who are also in need of nourishment; and besides all this, we come to you with the thought that you will be interested in counseling with us as to the best way to help these women get a new start in life. They can tell you their story, but I surmise they have had much trouble, and their very presence here in your house testifies how earnestly they crave to know good people, and how willingly they will embrace the opportunity to show all the world—and even the angels of heaven—what brave and noble women they can become."

And he helped other "untouchables," like the lepers. He was unafraid of mingling with the downtrodden...

Food drives and food banks are such a good place to contribute money and time. The most basic of needs is addressed here, and can go a long way towards helping others who struggle. The first thing Jesus did was to take the women to Justus' house for a meal...I like your idea...every study group - every UB event, could be an opportunity to help by asking attendees to bring food with them that would go to the local food bank...

PostPosted:  

O:) O:) O:) I do like the idea of a U.B. community food drive, especially as the holiday season approaches and many will wish for a dinner table filled with traditional delights. I was very poor as a youngster and food was a real issue in our home. I wish no kid had to go through that and hope I can fill as many kids up as I can around here. Right now one in eight Americans is receiving food stamps....which never go far enough. The real numbers on hunger right now are closer to one in five. :cry: It is so hard for these people to stay motivated and have hope. I believe that feeding these folks not only comforts them and takes the hunger pain away, but it also feeds them with energy that will turn into inspiration and motivation...overall helping our economy and inturn reducing the number of poor and hungry...hunger...a cycle to distruction if not addressed and a cycle to economic recovery for our whole country if people are simply fed.

I could use some direction on how to network something like this out. Anyone want to help me put together a food drive? O:)

Blessings to all.

PostPosted:  

Ms,

As I see your deep concern you have perform the love needed for the situation-you do realize it was the intent of your actions to deliver your foods to the man that is the love. You even had the lovely life everlasting experience to actually deliver. Very Good. Very God Beautiful Goodness and witnessed with your child!

I want you to recall the wind, waves, the surround moment of that view as he ate and loved his perch upon the earths beauty. This, my friend, is the real lesson for you. It is written that the morontial experiences we have while here on planet U of GOD are as close to nature and uses nature as the facility. Jesus often went off into the nature world to commune with Father.

THIS WIND PRESENTATION, OBVIOUSLY BY A SECONDARY MIDWAYER OR SIMILAR ANGELIC BEINGS was specifically for you, for your moment,one of your circle achievements going up the rungs of attainments now, and grasping the GOD beauty moment JUST FOR YOU.

Live in these moments, these are ENTHRALLING LOVE with God.

Blessings, Carl :wink:

PostPosted:  

O:) Some patrons have started leaving bags of food for my homeless friend with my restaurant owner friend so that when she sees him she can give a diversity of food to him more easily. His last bag from other I hear had tons of neat little snack cakes from a local bakery. It feels good that folks are caring about this fellows situation. He won't let my friend approach him...but he will take food from her if she leaves it on the table outside. I sure wish there was a way to heal him up enough to talk...just breaks my heart.

Happy New Year 8) O:) O:) O:)

PostPosted:  

You are doing your God within task of being a caring person for an other.

There comes a time when one should stand back and see how the very compassionate thoughts and actions actually outwork in real spirit time.

We often WANT things to immediately happen. This is unrealistic. What is realistic is to extend efforts, give over to the God Within yourself and the intended person the opportunity FOR THE HEAVENS TO GET INVOLVED ACCORDING TO HEAVEN TIME. Here the will of God comes forward.

Blessing to you,

Carl

PostPosted:  

I live 5 minutes from the beach where this fellow wanders....went down there just minutes ago and was able to find him right away....maybe angels looking out for me today...needed it to be a fast trip due to health. Today was another big day for me with him. He talked....he thanked me, he finally took clothing as well as the food!!!! I even got him to take a new harmonica. I don't have a ton of money...just an average life going...but today...this moment...I am as rich as it gets :biggrin:

Quote:
192.2.4 When they had gone a few steps farther, Jesus turned to Peter and, for the third time, asked, “Peter, do you truly love me?” And then Peter, being slightly grieved at the Master’s seeming distrust of him, said with considerable feeling, “Lord, you know all things, and therefore do you know that I really and truly love you.” Then said Jesus: “feed my sheep. Do not forsake the flock. Be an example and an inspiration to all your fellow shepherds. Love the flock as I have loved you and devote yourself to their welfare even as I have devoted my life to your welfare. And follow after me even to the end.”

He let me hug him.....I think he might be coming back around :P 8) :D He recognizes me now.

PostPosted:  

:wink:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Good for you Mom...does the heart good to reach out to our brothers and sisters...I had similar experience and I will never forget it... O:)