Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Where the Journey Began
PostPosted:  

In 1998 I was a mess, frankly. One of those life-changing occurances left me dessimated. Of course, it had to do with a boy. Love, really. Anyway, 28 and heart-broken, my youngest sister gave me a book she'd been given by a friend called Conversations With God. She prefaced the gift by saying she had not known such joy, and thought I might find joy from reading it, too. I'm sure some of you may have heard of it. This was prior to my studying the UB, and, consequently was the spring board for my desire to read the UB. Anyway, I remember reading this book and feeling this incredible, undescribable, other-worldly joy that lasted for a week. I was literally walking on clouds in my heart, and recall sitting on the subway ecstatic with surging happiness. This was unusual for a gal who'd had her heart snapped in two. So, having read the book I gave a copy to my best friend. Interestingly, my best friend also experienced this - other-wordly, over-the-moon, deep-seeded joy.

Incredible, is really all I can say. Fast forward eleven years later. I am a student of the UB, and have experienced extreme wonder and joy from the revelation. But from time to time I pick up the CWG book and re-read it, and I'll be danged if there are not some UB principles in there. Sure, I wonder 'who' wrote the CWG book - and have had long discussions about it with my parents who are UB students, but have never read CWG. Anyway, a thought might be it's another message from our celestial brothers and sisters for uplifting. Obviously not a 'sixth' epochcal revelation - but another tool that truthseekers my find if they are in the beginning stages of wanting to find truth.

I don't know - I guess the point of this posting is to suggest that there are all kinds of methods our celestial peeps are using to help enlighten an otherwise confused world. And to find those correlations with the UB is truly mind-blowing!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Conversations with God (CWG) is a sequence of nine books written by Neale Donald Walsch, written as a dialogue between him and God.

I have read parts of the first book, but it did not have any effect on me. It was rather benign and fundamental. It can't even begin to compare with The Urantia Book.

But, if it has drawn you nearer to God, that's all that counts.

PostPosted:  

Hi Sis.Alise,

I gel with your 'celestial peeps'. TUB is just but one of the many channels which Our Father commnuicate with us; -all races and group of people thru all means and circumsatnces (remember the TA?)
Prior with TUB, i aslo experience something similar to yours with the books/material - The Wisdom /Vision of Sudha Sundar Singh.-- his personal dialogue with Jesus himself.
If it uplifted me and i grow by it, all else is immaterial.

Rgards.

PostPosted:  

Aloha Alise and thank your for sharing part of you journey...what grabbed me was when you said that your parents were UB students...did you grow up with the book easily visible in the house? If so, were you ever curious and open the book? Did you ever "talk story" with your folks? Someone once said...when the student is ready, the teacher will come. as it was for me before I got the book...I had read many things...I was really hungry :wink: but the UB changed all that and now my cup runith over...

PostPosted:  

kreneep

I don't think Alise was comparing the writings, she referred to the first as a "springboard"...you know, scaffolding. Unless we "spring forth" from the uterus fully aware :shock: , I would assume each individual goes through a multitude of levels. In fact, the UB addresses this in detail.

Alise, I really enjoy the individual stories of how we each came to the UB. They are reminders that we are each gently guided to where we need to be, as needed. Pretty darn sweet!

Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Sis Alise,

Perhaps it was meant for you to find the CWG first before the UB.
I had a similar experience of joy and the feeling of finding the truth when I first read the book ”The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus”. That was a year before I found the UB. This book purportedly written by someone who during his meditation his soul journeyed to another plane of existence and was able to read the so-called “Akashic Records” and copied the records of the life of Jesus. The story included the lost years of Jesus missing in the Bible, that he purportedly traveled to the East in India and Tibet and lived and studied with the gurus of Eastern religions then went back to Israel and started to teach. But what impressed me the most is its teaching about love. Love of God and service to others is the central theme of this book. In retrospect, now that I have found in the UB the most believable story of the life and teachings of Jesus, I now consider the book a work of fiction but I still cherish the experienced of joy I had after reading it because it really served as a “scaffolding” or "springboard" in my search for better truth.

Perhaps if I found the UB before I found the Aquarian Gospel, this book probably did not have any effect on me like reading the CWG did not have any effect on brother kreneep.

Ysmael