Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Sharing
PostPosted:  

I was listening to the Urantia book because honestly I can't keep track of it, if I'm trying to read it. I came across this and the words touched me. I wanted to share it with everyone. I like that it says the God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutal satisfaction of believers. I definitely agree with that. Wonderful words!
Anyone that would like to hear the Urantia book please go to
http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1001##
Thanks Al, your a good friend for sharing that with me!

p30:5 1:6.6 The more completely man understands himself and appreciates the personality values of his fellows, the more he will crave to know the Original Personality, and the more earnestly such a God-knowing human will strive to become like the Original Personality. You can argue over opinions about God, but experience with him and in him exists above and beyond all human controversy and mere intellectual logic. The God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutual satisfaction of believers.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Savannah Gurl,

Always good to keep this one in mind I agree. And this is very much what we do here on Truthbook and any other similar web group. Believers can be together somewhat and spread good ideas and mutual encouragement Image

Thanks,

Ga. Mt. Boy

Vann

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Changing and Vann,

I agree with that also. Reading the UB is such a wonderful experience, and sharing it is even better.

Good to hear from you and thanks for sharing with us Angela.

God Bless O:)

Jim

Post subject: :)
PostPosted:  

:P Thanks you bulldog and Vann! I look forward to listening to more of the Urantia Book!
Take care,
Angela

Post subject: Re: Sharing
PostPosted:  

Changing wrote:
I was listening to the Unrantia book because honestly I can't keep track of it, if I'm trying to read it. I came across this and the words touched me. I wanted to share it with everyone. I like that it says the God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutal satisfaction of believers. I definitely agree with that. Wonderful words!
Anyone that would like to hear the Urantia book please go to
http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1001##
Thanks Al, your a good friend for sharing that with me!

p30:5 1:6.6 The more completely man understands himself and appreciates the personality values of his fellows, the more he will crave to know the Original Personality, and the more earnestly such a God-knowing human will strive to become like the Original Personality. You can argue over opinions about God, but experience with him and in him exists above and beyond all human controversy and mere intellectual logic. The God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutual satisfaction of believers.

Hi Angela, Vann and Bulldog. Good to see you all. Glad to see you back Angela. I agree about sharing that's what it's about. I liked yur link Angela. That is a good One. Here's another one, I don't know if you've heard yet. But I really like it. if You get a chnace check it out!
HERE

God's Blessings to ALL. :-)

Post subject: :)
PostPosted:  

Joe,
I'll do that! Thanks for sharing Joe!
Take Care,
Angela

Post subject: Re: :)
PostPosted:  

Changing wrote:
Joe,
I'll do that! Thanks for sharing Joe!
Take Care,
Angela

Peace be with you My Loving Sister of God! :-) Your Avatar reminds me of Pato Banton in his performances, he often holds up the Peace sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi...just wanted to share...I have a girlfriend with a beautiful spirit and over the years we have shared spiritual thought. Well, just recently I mentioned something from the UB and then later she ask...What does the UB say? Showing interest...I bought her a book from our little bookstore in town and gave it to her today...When she saw it she lit up and clutched her heart and said thank you...I also took over the Concordex,& Paramony to show her it existed. I remember long ago when I discovered these two books and how thrilled I was...(no internet then) I also gave her the Truthbook website and said this was my community O:) also a link to Sadler Jr. page on who wrote the UB which of course she asked...Maybe someday she will join in the discussion. I can also invite her to our local get togethers...It's been years since I turned anybody on to a book...I am thrilled... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I am so happy for you, Tootsie. I have somewhat of an idea what you are feeling and I share your joy.

Twenty years ago I gave a book to my friend. A couple of months ago she found where she had put it and she brought it with her to the new UB reading group I recently started. She is an eager student, already finding things on her own to share with others in support of our discussions. It is the sweetest feeling to have helped in the process of turning somebody on to the UB.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Absolutely...thanks Gerdean...it's a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

tootsie wrote:
Absolutely...thanks Gerdean...it's a good thing.

My darling sisters! :o What good news! It´s always exciting to see someone who is interested in the book. And those whose excitment can harly be contained when they read parts of it that confirm things within them that they knew were true but couldn´t find confirmation for.

Thank You Tootsie and Gerdean! :smile: I´m sitting in the library here in Mexico with a big smile on my face reading the Good News at Truthbook!

God´s Love be with all there and ALL the New Readers discovering and enjoying the book with excitment for the first time, just like we did when we first read it.

God´s Peace to all. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hola Joer...Que paso? Did they have the UB in the library? How long you staying? Love to you my brother...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

tootsie wrote:
Hola Joer...Que paso? Did they have the UB in the library? How long you staying? Love to you my brother...

Hi Tootsie, My Galactic eternal sister! ,-) I be here till August I believe. They didn´t have one here in the library. But Rick just gave me the current number to get some.

HERE

So I´ll see if I can call tomorrow and order some. I found some online here in Mexico for $30. (free shipping within Mexico) hardback. They had them (vinyl cover paperbacks) at a Supermarket chain here before "Plaza Ley" But there are out now.

So I´ll order one for the library. The 18 I brought from IC08 that the Fellowship Spanish edition director gave me have been distributed as well as three Pipeline of Light provided ones that Larry Geis gave me.

Amazon had them for $16, but I don´t know what international shipping is. So I´ll try Mike Wood in Chicago tomorrow.

God bless you Tootsie. All my love to you and all there and those readers here who are opening up to a new revelation. :smile:

God Bless You Changing. I call a guy yesterday I had left a book with last year who is very spiritually involved in doing God´s Will.

He was goig to the hospital to visit a young girl who has been unable to eat and has been having epileptic attacks.

When my brother was suffering from terminal cancer he went into a como and was having dozens and even almost a hundred eplileptic fits in a day.

A prayer group prayed for him and placed a payer under his pillow and the doctor for some reason changed his medication to prevent the fits to a dose 400% stronger and it worked.

I was wondering Changing, do you know of any meds I might suggest to my friend to pass onto the doctors to help this girl?

God Bless You and thank you in advance for any thoughts on this.

God´s Love to all. :smile:

BTW for those who prayed for the guy with Aids, he´s out of the hospital at home and felling much better. Thank You.

Those who prayed for the young mother with no funiture, she has a part job offer and I heard of where a used goods store is today. Thank for your orayers

Those who prayed for the depressed girl recovering from Lymphatic Cancer sugery on radiation treatment, I´ll see her Friday, keep your prayers coming. Thank you all. :smile:

PostPosted:  

I was cruising through, looking for new posts on today, July 24th. Saw the 24th, missed that it was June, not July, saw Joer's name and clicked. It was during that spit second of "clicking" that I realized this couldn't be Joer...today.

It did make me smile though to know that he has left so much of himself immortalized on this forum, along with so many other sites (not to mention the one on one encounters in his daily life). And it's all so upbeat and enthusiastic. No barbs, no insults, no flexing of the ego. That's really difficult to pull off for most of us, at least for any indefinite period of time. I'm sure Joer had his moments, especially in his younger years and he even speaks/writes of those periods. But in the past few years he seemed to consistently move into the mode of a gentle warrior...always on alert to deflect the negative and replace it with the positive. There were times that I actually wanted him to get angry and lash back at those who were doing all they could to push his buttons. But he wouldn't...and I was left to examine my own out of control ego.

Just musing.....

Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

I know how you feel sister... I went to his profile and started looking up all of his posts... I want to read them all and there are a ton so I know I will be reading a while :( :( :(

I miss him too... I pray that this forum will rebound from that type of presence missing but I know it might never have another person like him here again... But we all are learning about each other more and more here and I hope that in honor of him and others gone that we can do our best to be closer to his personality then ours...

peace to you sister I love you

dave