Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Special Encounters
PostPosted:  

There was a time when I was so sure that entities existed that one night, alone in the living room, I experienced a special encounter. I cannot say what it was (as I was told not to tell of it), but I can say that it was good. I was only about 19 years old at the time, and I was simply about to go to sleep. I shut the tv off, laid down, and said a prayer.

The DIFFERENCE of this prayer it that it wasn't a normal prayer. It felt as though someone was hearing my prayer of a higher nature. It's hard to explain really. In any case, I prayed that God would show me a sign that he really existed. I can't remember if I asked for any entity to appear, but I know that I asked and I know somehow that it was immediately and presently heard.

What I experienced, or seen, was shocking, to say the least. In fact, it was so shocking to me and scary that I immediately covered my head and body up with covers like a fool and fastly prayed that God would make it go away. After a few minutes of my eyes being tightly closed and in prayer, I slowly opened my eyes peeking to see if there was any trace of it. Luckily, it had left.

It had left me not in awe, but speechless and in suprising fear. I was in a state of unmoveable shock. Even the yelling of my parent at that time was unheard, and it was an apartment too. I was hoping that my parent would come in and turn the light on so I wouldn't have to get up.

I thought about it the next day, thinking of possible things that it could have been other than what it actually was, but nothing made sense. All I could know is that it was a special encounter. In my own mind, I was communicated that it shouldn't be revealed. That is why I haven't completely said what it was.

The fact remains that even if God came to us with visible revelations, we would probably only run in fear, and it would only cause more uncomfortableness within our human race. We are not ready for such interactions, save for the little times it's needed in revelation.

I think it's just good to know that a higher existence does exist, and they are here for us, watching us, and being with us somehow. Our prayers are heard, but only when we truly mean them.

lux, vita, amor,

RS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Fear truly is a spirit poison, eh RS?

But even a genuine spiritual experience rejected becomes a religious pivot point that is not forgotten or lost on those who crave to know truth and God. Father is always ready to reach out, but the creature is not always ready for that which is asked for.

One of my early personal spiritual experiences scared me because I feared my life's end would be like Jesus', that if I accepted God, I had also to accept also a torturous death. And maybe that is a possibility, but now I don't believe it is a necessity for soul survival, just faith.

Love, light, and life (or the alternatives), RW

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p381:7 34:6.13 The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, "for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance." Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, "The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit." And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:38 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Burn 'em, Iris, til there ain't no more.

Post subject: Special Encounters
PostPosted:  

Brother Solis

Special Encounters is a good subject for me, especially good. From about the age of 12 and through the age of 18 I experienced many nite visions. When they came to and end I just wondered what they ment, you see they were very much like the visions the Apostle John saw. Some were in real time. What I mean, it was like I was watching televsion. I know TUB acknowledges few dreams, but since my early 40's I started to interpret them, and over the last 25 years I have interpreted them all. They were the story of my life. There are still a couple left to come true and until then I will not reveal them, but I do plan to reveal them when the time comes. On second thought, I will reveal some soon.

My first 28 years of Bible study were concentrated in Bible prophecy. From Isaiah to Revelations over some 50 or more times searching for insight and truth. It is unbelieveable the things hidden in the Bible. This hunger for Prophecy was triggered by my youthful visions. This same hunger lead me to The Urantia Book back in 1997.

Brother.....Jess

Post subject: Re: Special Encounters
PostPosted:  

Jess Vasquez wrote:
Brother Solis

Special Encounters is a good subject for me, especially good. From about the age of 12 and through the age of 18 I experienced many nite visions. When they came to and end I just wondered what they ment, you see they were very much like the visions the Apostle John saw. Some were in real time. What I mean, it was like I was watching televsion. I know TUB acknowledges few dreams, but since my early 40's I started to interpret them, and over the last 25 years I have interpreted them all. They were the story of my life. There are still a couple left to come true and until then I will not reveal them, but I do plan to reveal them when the time comes. On second thought, I will reveal some soon.

My first 28 years of Bible study were concentrated in Bible prophecy. From Isaiah to Revelations over some 50 or more times searching for insight and truth. It is unbelieveable the things hidden in the Bible. This hunger for Prophecy was triggered by my youthful visions. This same hunger lead me to The Urantia Book back in 1997.

Brother.....Jess

Hi Jess, Solis, Rick and Iris, Gid bless You all very much. I'm enjoying these posts and the honesty and forthrightness in sharing them.

God Bless you All.

I look forward to your revelations Jess and your history of how you were led to TUB.

May our knowledge of God's Love keep us in God's Peace. O:)

Post subject: Spiritual Experience
PostPosted:  

Joer

Check "Spiritual Experience" I just revealed my story of how I found the UB. and what it has motivated me to do.

Brother Jess

Post subject: Re: Spiritual Experience
PostPosted:  

Jess Vasquez wrote:
Joer

Check "Spiritual Experience" I just revealed my story of how I found the UB. and what it has motivated me to do.

Brother Jess
Thank You Jess. I will check it out.

God's Love. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris said:

Quote:
God teaches values and through prayer I soon came to understand a higher value, that God does not require that we sacrifice our lives to him, but instead to live our lives for him in the service of love. As a result, I learned to "sacrifice" my selfish ideas, my selfish goals, my selfish opinions, and most of all my fears on the altar of love. I learned the need to burn them to ash in the presence of my holy of holies as I become aware of them. It was and continues to be a healing, spiritually rejuvenating and revelatory experience for me.

The Bible says:

Quote:
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

The Urantia Papers say:

Quote:
118:8.11 An automatic universe reaction is stable and, in some form, continuing in the cosmos. A personality who knows God and desires to do his will, who has spirit insight, is divinely stable and eternally existent. Man's great universe adventure consists in the transit of his mortal mind from the stability of mechanical statics to the divinity of spiritual dynamics, and he achieves this transformation by the force and constancy of his own personality decisions, in each of life's situations declaring, "It is my will that your will be done."

It is in our being "living sacrifices" that we say "It is my will that your will be done".

RS said:

Quote:
What I experienced, or seen, was shocking, to say the least. In fact, it was so shocking to me and scary that I immediately covered my head and body up with covers like a fool and fastly prayed that God would make it go away. After a few minutes of my eyes being tightly closed and in prayer, I slowly opened my eyes peeking to see if there was any trace of it. Luckily, it had left.
It had left me not in awe, but speechless and in suprising fear. I was in a state of unmoveable shock.

I am sure that we sometimes believe that we have had a "visitation" from God or some being ... but I also believe that if we truly have had a visitation from God or an "angel" or being from God, that we would NOT be left in fear. God is Love and being visited by that Love would immediately cast out ALL fear and leave you in peace.

I would question whether or not the visitation was God if it happened to me and left me in fear or shock.

Quote:
The fact remains that even if God came to us with visible revelations, we would probably only run in fear, and it would only cause more uncomfortableness within our human race. We are not ready for such interactions, save for the little times it's needed in revelation.

This is not a fact. I don't believe everyone would run in "fear". Human beings have evolved along further than that IMHO... That which causes fear are the ghost fears that remain in our collective consciousness... the reality of the spirit world is not the cause of fear. I believe that most of us would handle a visible visitation in awe and wonder.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe otherwise. If God came down in His glroy, all would fall down on their faces, go blind, be in shock, probably be completely made to gas and dust, and, well, you just really wouldn't have a chance to experience such a nature with our lowly significance.

With your soul, however, it may be a different story. With the current cicumstances, you wouldn't physically survive.

Quote:
I am sure that we sometimes believe that we have had a "visitation" from God or some being ... but I also believe that if we truly have had a visitation from God or an "angel" or being from God, that we would NOT be left in fear. God is Love and being visited by that Love would immediately cast out ALL fear and leave you in peace.

I would question whether or not the visitation was God if it happened to me and left me in fear or shock.

You obviously haven't had any REAL experiences. Whether it was an angel, a spirit, or any other manifestation, whatever it was it was caused because I prayed it would come to show me visibly. It automatically knew, somehow, that I would be afraid because when it first appeared it showed up smaller than when it got closer to me.

Also, I was only in a short shock. After the experience, it was a feeling of grace and joy that came over me. The immediate experience was shocking to a mortal man, who's human psyche can't comprehend such a spiritual experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1946:3 180:2.5 When there exists this living connection between divinity and humanity, if humanity should thoughtlessly and ignorantly pray for selfish ease and vainglorious accomplishments, there could be only one divine answer: more and increased bearing of the fruits of the spirit on the stems of the living branches. When the branch of the vine is alive, there can be only one answer to all its petitions: increased grape bearing. In fact, the branch exists only for, and can do nothing except, fruit bearing, yielding grapes. So does the true believer exist only for the purpose of bearing the fruits of the spirit: to love man as he himself has been loved by God—that we should love one another, even as Jesus has loved us.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
When the three had been fast asleep for about half an hour, they were suddenly awakened by a near-by crackling sound, and much to their amazement and consternation, on looking about them, they beheld Jesus in intimate converse with two brilliant beings clothed in the habiliments of the light of the celestial world...The three apostles were so badly frightened that they were slow in collecting their wits,...While Peter was yet speaking, a silvery cloud drew near and overshadowed the four of them. The apostles now became greatly frightened, and as they fell down on their faces to worship, they heard a voice,...he reached down and touched them, saying: "Arise and be not afraid; you shall see greater things than this." But the apostles were truly afraid... (158:1)

It seems that, even in the company of their acknowledged Deliverer, some experiences were disconcerting to the apostles.

A Dios,
MM

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1119:5  102:1.6 The indwelling Thought Adjuster unfailingly arouses in man's soul a true and searching hunger for perfection together with a far-reaching curiosity which can be adequately satisfied only by communion with God, the divine source of that Adjuster. The hungry soul of man refuses to be satisfied with anything less than the personal realization of the living God. Whatever more God may be than a high and perfect moral personality, he cannot, in our hungry and finite concept, be anything less.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
You obviously haven't had any REAL experiences

Very presumptuous of you, RS.

Quote:
Our prayers are heard, but only when we truly mean them.

Read the Urantia Papers, Solis. Many people "truly mean" what they pray and if it is not in accordance with the will of the Father the prayer is sometimes not even heard.

You need to read the Urantia Papers instead of relying on your misconceptions about the things of God. You keep trying to respond to things with logic and religiosity (your own) and you will never understand God or the things of the spirit through logic and reason.

Read the Urantia Papers before you spout off about what you think they say.

Post subject: Re: Special Encounters
PostPosted:  

Quote:
When the three had been fast asleep for about half an hour, they were suddenly awakened by a near-by crackling sound, and much to their amazement and consternation, on looking about them, they beheld Jesus in intimate converse with two brilliant beings clothed in the habiliments of the light of the celestial world...The three apostles were so badly frightened that they were slow in collecting their wits,...While Peter was yet speaking, a silvery cloud drew near and overshadowed the four of them. The apostles now became greatly frightened, and as they fell down on their faces to worship, they heard a voice,...he reached down and touched them, saying: "Arise and be not afraid; you shall see greater things than this." But the apostles were truly afraid... (158:1)

Thank you, urantiavista.

lux, vita, amor,

RS