Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:20 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi All
I'm confused as to why a personal example of how God (on whatever level or personality form) was observed working within a human being, has caused such a stir. If this was posted as an example by Iris to show that her son was somehow elevated to a level higher than most mortals, I missed that. I took it as a tangible example of what is printed in the UB...do we believe it or not? If we do, then this should have brought a level of assurance, or at the least, an understanding of how:

We all do this everyday in small ways and in big ways. Most of us don't pay it much mind because it is unconscious for the most part.

Often it's easier to see this occur in someone we are close to, someone we know well beyond a long time close friendship, as in a parent/child relationship. I know my own daughters' personalities on a level deeper than words can explain. It seems that Iris witnessed a living example of what she has gleaned (in her lifetime) and shared it with us. We could debate the why's, what's and how's until we twisted something beautiful into nothing more than than a head game, destroying the gift.

As she said:

Very few of us sit around and analyze ourselves this way and we shouldn't. But the opportunity came up to highlight this process in the life of a real human being and to draw attention to how splendid it is that God plays such an integral and dynamic role in our lives at such a personal level.

We could argue till the cows come home whether we are, in any given moment, being guided by our TA's, the Spirit of Truth, the father/mother, Christ Himself, God or just one person's spirit connecting to another person's spirit...which in itself is breathtaking when it occurs. Jeff is correct, Divine intervention is a reality in this life. The Divine allows for all the above, and much more.

Peace
Jo

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1107:6 101:2.14 Religion must ever be its own critic and judge; it can never be observed, much less understood, from the outside. Your only assurance of a personal God consists in your own insight as to your belief in, and experience with, things spiritual. To all of your fellows who have had a similar experience, no argument about the personality or reality of God is necessary, while to all other men who are not thus sure of God no possible argument could ever be truly convincing.

Last edited by Bonita on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I do have occasional moments of "sanity"...guess this was one of those rare moments.

Yet it wasn't my intention to bring this thread to an end...just wanted to try to get it "unstuck". I may not post often but usually I'm cruising through on a regular basis...I do enjoy, and count on, other people's perspective.

And...you are welcome, Iris :wink:

Peace
Jo