Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

In "Essays and Speeches" I've added a post titled "Urantia Book Etymology" which may help readers understand some of the new terminology and why it has been used.

L. Watkins

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Abdullah, the UB can be an intense challenge. I spent 14 years just trying to get through the Forward! You will get advise to read every word starting on "page one", but for me, I think finding subject in the table of contents to which you are attracted has benefits. As for the language, when explaining something which mankind has not yet directly experienced, language simply is not available. If you get a chance, I suggest you look over Bill Sadler Jr.'s writings. (http://www.ubfellowship.org/sadler_tapes_index.htm)
He has the most wonderful way of taking otherwise complicated topics, and putting them into words that are understandable. He has a nice light touch, and makes enjoyable that what was inpenetrable mystery.

Happy reading,

Bro Dave

:smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
http://www.ubfellowship.org/sadler_tapes_index.htm O:)

PostPosted:  

Abdullah wrote:
In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

18 Muharram 1428 AH, 6 February 2007 CE

Greetings to all of you:

Having read and reviewed the posts in this thread, and having begun to read the Urantia Book, I am inclined to believe so far that I should indeed read it as revealed literature, but to a lesser degree than the Qur'an. The Qur'an is, as many of you have said, the revelation to Mohammed (peace be upon him) from Allah, spoken through the mouth of the Archangel Gabriel. The Urantia Book is, on the other hand, revelations from angelic beings, if that is the right word. I have begun reading the book, but it is not easy reading. The book itself is written in a philosophical manner, and it also has some rather odd vocabulary (morontial, and other words like that not previously known in English). So, it will take me a bit of time to get through it.

But I do appreciate all your posts. Please continue to post to me your thoughts on the Book, and on my posts to this board. Any and all commentary would be most welcome.

Jamison E. Painter

Dear Mr. Painter,

I visited your website -
[That's about as much of fetish's post that's appropriate on these discussion lists -- the rest was edited out by admin due to its tone.
Fetish, you've been warned before about the poor communication skills you so often employ in your posts. Perhaps a review of Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People would be in order; it too is a worthy book. Feel free to reply to Abdullah's post but with more restraint. L. Watkins]

Kind regards,
Sir Fetish

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello Fetish...

What website does Abdullah have, i have not noticed any website...???

Love Sarah xx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

When I typed in his signature name that he provided at the bottom of the post - Jamison etc etc - yahoo provided this link:
www.nephiproject.com/_disc3/00000090.htm

and at the bottom of that website page was this link:
hometown.aol.com/baarabulka/hotwives.html

I think it is fair to tell you that the hometown link is a site with pictures of women showing off parts of their bodies...

Mr. Watkins needs to realize that people may CHOOSE not to be "friends" with certain people...even Jesus taught his followers to just let certain people go their merry way...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I am disturbed that someone at this site who hides behind an "ism" alias whose definitions include "Aberrant habitual sexual excitement associated with an inanimate object or body part" and, "an object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence", would presume to use a single yahoo search on the internet that reveals a 2003 comment by a new truth seeker at TruthBook.com, and that also reveals a less than gracious attached web site link by another person in 2006 to that 2003 comment, and then judge that new truth seeker as someone unworthy of a Jesusonian welcome to this site.

Give us a break Fetish. Your alias has revealed you as one in need of unreasonable excessive attention and reverence and the manner in which you seek this attention is a distraction to the good intents of this site.

Fetish, Be well but behave and perhaps you would like to reveal your full name so Jamison can google you.

Jamison, my apologies for the disruption.

Ray

Last edited by RayOK on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Fetish,
I am not sure whether you should be given the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you were mistaken in your judgment of what was on that site; perhaps you really thought Abdullah approved of the links provided. I don't know, but as long as I have been reading your posts I have found very little comment from you that reflects you actually believe the Urantia Book's spiritual teachings or want anything more than to argue.

As RayOK said, the comment was made in 2003 by Jamison; the links were provided in 2006 by what Truthbook has been subject to before--spammers. You should really consider trying to be more Jesus-like in your behavior, and take some serious time to think things over in a calm, cool, and unassuming manner. Take more time to ponder and less to judge.

Addullah, I assure you, Fetish's actions are in no way a standard for those of us at Truthbook.org. Continue to read, share, and ask questions as you wish.

PostPosted:  

Hello:

I am confused. I don't have a website. I don't even know what you are talking about. I didn't leave a website for anyone to look at. I am as confused as fetish is (although with a name like that, one wonders if he really liked the site, and just didn't want to admit it, whatever the site was). I am VERY confused.

The Nephi Project site is in fact a site that attempts to prove that the Book of Mormon is an ancient record, and not a production of Joseph Smith. I have always been interested in Mormonism. But I don't know what site Fetish was directed to. All I know is that I would not willingly place on this board or any other a website that has links to, shall we say, inappropriate material. So, I am as confused as everyone else seems to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello ....

I am sorry i asked about a website... a mistake, i wasnt literally asking for one to be provided for me Fetish.. :? Sorry anyway.... and besides Abdullah is not responsible for that link, someone else posted the link or rather advert after him...

I think private messages are a better place for these kind of exchanges, if you want to accuse people... O:)

With Love

Sarah xxx

PostPosted:  

RayOK wrote:
I am disturbed that someone at this site who hides behind an "ism" alias whose definitions include
Ray

Dear Mr. OK,

If you do a word search of the UB for "fetish", you'll find numerous uses of the word which do not link it to a, merely, sexual connection.
Abdullah wrote:
The Nephi Project site is in fact a site that attempts to prove that the Book of Mormon is an ancient record, and not a production of Joseph Smith. I have always been interested in Mormonism. But I don't know what site Fetish was directed to. All I know is that I would not willingly place on this board or any other a website that has links to, shall we say, inappropriate material. So, I am as confused as everyone else seems to be.

Dear "Abdullah",

Okay, you got me - it is NOT a website that you own and run. You just posted your intro on the Nephi Project site - yes? If it is not you, then just say so...

Okay, you got me - it is NOT a website that you own and run. You just posted your intro on the Nephi Project site - yes? If it is not you, then just say so...
The Book of Mormon as History
Date: 4/1/2003
Time: 1:38:33 PM
Remote Name: 198.146.57.39

Comments
I thought I would write briefly. I shall be checking this page periodically in order to see what is going on here, as I am fascinated by the Book of Mormon, and the possible historicity thereof. I am Jewish by conversion from non-LDS Christianity. Because I do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah promised to the Jew, I could never be LDS, but I am curious as to the possible historicity of a group of Jews coming to the Americas 600 years before Jesus. I am a professor of history at Austin Peay State University in Tennessee, and I am constantly exploring the Book of Mormon and spending a great deal of time with LDS missionaries on this topic. I look forward to anything that I may learn here, discussions I may have, and any recommendations as to literature on the topic.

Sincerely, Jamison E. Painter, MA

Date: 9/6/2006
Time: 7:45:54 AM
Remote Name: 211.141.77.194

Comments: I deleted the links to the homeland aol anatomy lessons....

Regards,
"Fetish"
Regards,
"Fetish"

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Jamison, have you had the opportunity to listen to the Sadler tapes yet? These are the links referenced by Bro Dave and Sarah.

If you are an educator, or even if you are not, you will find Larry's post - "Urantia Book Etymology" - helpful also.

Best wishes as you continue to read the Urantia Book.

All the best, Ray

Post subject: TheNephi Project site
PostPosted:  

Yes, I did indeed post that on the website at the Nephi Project. But I am confused as to one, how the Nephi Project wound up showing up here, and two, how the site to which you objected showed up here. I don't know of any inappropriate websites connected to the Nephi Project Site. But, it sounds like a tempest in a teapot. I would advise us to move on, and discuss something more relevant to the board. I have assured the community that I had nothing to do with the inappropriate website, although I did indeed post the words which Fetish quoted in 2003.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

To me Jesus Christ Is The Messiah & Only Begotten Son Of The Father & In Some Ways He MAY Be Allah As In The Koran "The Lord" Is Mentioned Often......Geez One Day I Pray That All Religions will Be Destroyed, Why? So We Can Love One Another Without Arguing Who Jesus Is & Stop Killing In His Name.
Truth Is Humans Under estimate The truth & To Accept It Hurts.
It Must Be Pretty Upsetting To the Lord When Everybody Rejects Him For Who He TRULY Is "The Lord" Our God.
Oh I AM Baptised Mormon....Thanks Guys :roll:
The Key Is To Accept Christ...Amen

Please Please I Mean Not To Offend But Come On, Most Christians, Muslims, Hindu's, Sikh's etc Are Good People Worthy Of Gods Love But When We Start "Bagging" Other Ideologys Then We Become No Better Than The People Who Kill In The Name Of God...Trust Me I'm Just Realising My Truths & My Truths Are I Was Horrible But I Prayed To Lord Jesus Christ (As I Always Do) & A Inner Voice Said "Love As I Have Loved You"...I Believe They Are Jesus' Words.
Peace Be Upon Us & Yes Yes GOD IS GREAT :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi Burgo...

No Jesus is not Allah in the Quran, but He is described as special.

Quote:
Geez One Day I Pray That All Religions will Be Destroyed

I pray that oneday people will respect each others differences and beliefs, I find that very easy to do...! If it wasnt for religion none of us would have a total clue who Jesus was... We would probably still be prostrating to the sun and moon... Besides people have disagreements over the interpretation of the Urantia book too.....

Quote:
But I Prayed To Lord Jesus Christ (As I Always Do) & An Inner Voice Said "Love As I Have Loved You"...I Believe They Are Jesus' Words.

Whats wrong with praying to God, shouldnt we be praying to Him foremost, being the "First Great Source and Centre of all things and beings" ....???? O:)

Love Sarah

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next