Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted:  

As someone who lives daily on the divide between Christianity and Islam, I am in a unique position to know both views about the Christ. Muslims regard him as the Messiah, who will come again at the end of time, to convince Jews and Christians to be Muslim. The Mahdi, who will be a man named Mohammed, or some variety of it (Ahmed, Mamoud, or numerous others) will be a messiah-like figure for the Muslims.

Christians, on the other hand, believe that Jesus the Christ was the Messiah promised of old to the Jews, although it should be noted that the Torah itself does not refer at all to the Messiah, although the Prophetic books do. Christians further believe that Jesus is a human Incarnation of God. Most Christians are Trinitarian, which means that they believe that there is One God in Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. There are some NON-Trinitarian groups also, most particularly the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Oneness Pentecostals. However, both the Mormons and the Oneness Pentecostals do believe that Jesus is a deity figure, whereas the Jehovah's Witnesses do not.

And it should be noted that in the Qur'an, Jesus is born of a Virgin, He is the second greatest of the Prophets after Mohammed, and he is the Messiah. But he is NOT God, nor is he a deity at all. Nor is he the Only Begotten Son of God, as the Nicene Creed teaches. He is no more of a son of God than any of us. All of us are children of God, including Jesus.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi Abdullah

You said:
Quote:
The Mahdi, who will be a man named Mohammed, or some variety of it (Ahmed, Mamoud, or numerous others) will be a messiah-like figure for the Muslims.

Yes but the name Mohamed or any other variation, for example "Ahmed" is not a real name but a title... Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had many names, this was one of them. Mohamed, or the original version "Ahmed", means, "the praised one", "the glorified or honourable one" These Hadiths (in my opinion) dont actually say he will be named after the Prophet, just have a similar title.. for example - Mahdi... "the awaited one, the guided one" You will find the name Ahmed used in the Old and New testaments too, Jesus foretold of an Ahmed (in arabic or aramaic). In the songs of Solomon, Solomon tells of an 'Ahmed'... Ahmed was never used as a name before Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) emerged, then his followers and friends since he was a boy decided to label him "the trustworthy one" etc...or "Ahmed/Mohamed".

Same goes for the word 'muslim', some interpret its meaning as the one who submits to the laws of God and the universe....Some others say 'muslim' means one who submits to God, and also accepts Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as the seal of all prophets. I dont know which is the correct version, only that one excludes a large group of people, the other embraces the majority...?

(sorry everyone, we are off topic) :?

With Love

Sarah xx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

First let me apologize for changing the subject, But I have some thing running through my mind and it fits this forum.

Other than a Burning Bush Experience, I wrestling with some times, simple and not so simple Decisions and Choices we make every day.

I am aware at this moment that I am shaping some very real Spiritual experiences by following through in action, some things i now see as being the most appropriate next best thing to do.

Dealing with people is not always a easy thing and acting out our highest idea of life truly challenges me to have a spiritual experience in the out come of my choice and intention.

I am sitting on this thought today and really going through some changes as a result.

Hope you don't mind me thinking out loud here .... i will shear more as I let this subject and events sink in more.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi UB-Readers :P

Still around but xtremely quiet due to SPAD-ing :wink:

But looking in ever so occasionally to what my com-Urantia-nots are up to :mrgreen:

Welcome Mr. Abdullah, welcome ...

Sorry for not being too active since December, but my mind is, with some others, on going through The Papers this year ...

... maybe I'll be able to contribute more "sanely" after this wonderful adventure :wink:

Warm Hugz to ALL READERS

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Abdullah welcome. May the God of your fathers continue to reveal God's self to you.

May God's blessing be with you my friend. I'm gladden to see you here. Your spirit lights the way before you. I hope you enjoy your reading.

May God bless us all. It's good to see so many here to welcome you in Good Spirit. Bless you all my brothers and sisters! :smile:

Such a joy to be back. :smile:

Post subject: Stuart Wilde
PostPosted:  

Stuart Wilde:

We have to embrace infinity inside a mortal body
We have to believe in a God we can't see
We have to learn to love in a dimension where there is so much hatred
We have to see abundance when people constantly talk of shortages and lack
We have to discover freedom where control is the state religion
We have to develop self-worth while people criticize and belittle us
We have to see beauty where there is ugliness
We have to embrace kindness and positive attitudes when surrounded by uncertainty
We have to feel safe in spite of our concerns

I agree with Stuart Wilde. I am learning these things now. All the inconsistencies of Earth life lead me to embrace and believe GOD in me and you. This understanding is a wonderful and glorious love.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3