Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Own Awakening
PostPosted:  

Hi all, I am new here and I am so glad to have found you all. I feel obligated to share my own awakening due to the fact that everyone here is so completely honest and it has become obvious to me as I peruse the posts today that I owe it to the Universal Father to share what he has done for me. I understand that some people are receptive to spiritual concepts and others need to be hit over the head. I may have been raised in church, but I was one of the later. I would have always considered myself to be intelligent, well read, with a great education and pretty much able to make my own way in the World without the help of any higher being whatsoever. Little did I realize what God truly had in store for me. I realize now that all of this "freedom" that I felt was no more than God allowing me a long leash that he planned to yank me back to reality with at his appointed time. About ten years ago I was doing my psychology internship at a little hospital on the Gulf Coast. A elderly man was brought in with what was determined at the time as a compulsive disorder of the religious tone. I am ashamed to admit that due to my own ignorance I believed the diagnosis and did my best to help the man with his diagnosis. At the time I had no realization that this man was actually wise, and was the only one in the whole ward who truly had a clue to what life was all about and why we were truly here. His wife brought in the book that he treasured more than life itself as I do my copy now as well. You guessed it, The Urantia Book. The man did well in treatment, or played like he did as God was truly on his side and he was discharged with a good prognosis. He asked me to remember him later in life as he would me and told me that I would soon come to the realization that he was infact correct. I would think of the man from time to time and often wondered how he was. Still I always felt a pull towards his beliefs even if my " wise and rational" mind would dismiss his beliefs.
Last summer I was on a guided climb of Denali in Alaska. On the 15th of July a freaky snowstorm blew in and I along with three other climbers and our guide were stranded for three days as the wind howled and we dealt with our frostbite. It was God's providence for us to even survive. On 2 p.m. on the 18th of July we were found. We thought by the rescue patrol. As we made it back to base camp we learned that the patrol was infact still looking for us on the West Buttress route, when we had infact came down on the West Rib route. All could be a mistake perhaps, maybe we were all suffering from hypothermia etc., stranger things have happened. However one of the "rescuers" gave me his card as we walked into basecamp. Both of the rescuers never walked into basecamp with us as they got another call we thought. As I tried to explain to the personnel that we had infact been rescued, and pulled the rescuers card from my pack, all it had on it was the man's name I had saw in the hospital 9 years ago.
Now, I may not understand all, and I probably never will. But I now read the Urantia everyday, and most importantly live my life like the Universal Father wants me to. I have learned that His will for me is greater than any I could ever plan myself.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Mark,

That story just took my breath away...all I can say is WOW!!!

Isn't it interesting how the Father works in our lives? Not just interesting - astounding!

I liked how you put that about God giving you a long leash and then pulling you in on his time...that rings so true for me, as well.

So glad to have made your acquaintance...I hope to hear more, and I want to welcome you with a warm heart.

Sincerely,

MaryJo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'd like to join MaryJo in bidding you welcome Mark. What a wonderful sharing. Simply amazing.

God Bless you Mark and I'm glad your here. I look forward to your posts!

Peace my brother. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Outstanding ! Welcome!
FYI
My uncle Joe was on his deathbed about 3 yrs ago. The minister was there, and he was concerned about my uncle's soul.

The minister said, "I'll pray you end up in Heaven." "No, preacher. I'd prefer ending up in a better place - Western Tennessee."
................a beautiful area..........
O:)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Mark, what an awesome experience. thanks for sharing it with us and welcome to this forum.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Mark and thank you for sharing your incredible story. It proves again that the Father is deeply and personally involved with each of us, forever reaching out his hand for us to grasp.

iris

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted:  

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am so glad to have found this forum and others who believe as I do. Now I am not one to discredit anyone's belief system whatsoever as we are all trying to reach the same Father. But that is what I truly adore about the Urantia Book readers and it makes me feel we are special in our own unique way. I felt absolutely no fear towards sharing this story with any and all who come here. Now wether it would be my own fears or in fact reality, I never felt comfortable sharing this story with any other ministers, or believers of any of the traditional christian faiths. This is not to discredit them whatsoever, I just think that people who read the Urantia, perhaps due to our inquisitive nature towards the spiritual, tend to be less judgemental and never put the Universal Father into a box. I suppose that may be the reason why I had such a problem with the traditional church culture, perhaps alot of us did. It was not that we didn't believe in God, but that our Thought Adjuster knew He was much, much, bigger than He was portrayed to be in many of the traditional conceptions of Him.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
I just think that people who read the Urantia, perhaps due to our inquisitive nature towards the spiritual, tend to be less judgemental and never put the Universal Father into a box. I suppose that may be the reason why I had such a problem with the traditional church culture, perhaps alot of us did. It was not that we didn't believe in God, but that our Thought Adjuster knew He was much, much, bigger than He was portrayed to be in many of the traditional conceptions of Him.

Sounds like a fair assessment Mark, that many of us here can relate to.

I'm glad you found this site to.

I remember my joy last year when I found it. The feeling of finding people who knew exactly what your where talking about AND they could even give you deeper insights into the material that had become perhaps your greatest spiritual guide.

Yes it's exciting to have you walk through the door and enter this, as Bro Dave first put it to me, cyber living room Mark.

Mark, Iris, RayOk, MaryJo, FB2

Good Morning! :smile: Peace be with you! :smile:

God Bless Tennessee! :smile: And God Bless you all! :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brother Mark 8)

A big Welcome , Hope to hear more from and about you . Thanks for shareing , very refreshing . In him with him & thru him ALL things are Possible ... ... '' and never put the Universal Father into a box.'' Wise Words :wink:

Nor Put ourselfs in a Box . :idea: ... ... Of Dogmas , Doctrines , Rites & Rituals ... The Truth Does set us Free ...

Pax
NAMASTAE
Faith son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Mark

Quote:
However one of the "rescuers" gave me his card as we walked into basecamp. Both of the rescuers never walked into basecamp with us as they got another call we thought. As I tried to explain to the personnel that we had infact been rescued, and pulled the rescuers card from my pack, all it had on it was the man's name I had saw in the hospital 9 years ago.

It is anecdotes like this one you've share so freely with us that gives me such a delightful warm feeling in my belly. It just confirms once again to me the "everywhereness" of God our Father. Mindful of each and everyone of us. I personally do not believe in coincidences/synchronistic events or whatever. I see the mind of God at work in all these so-called strange and wonderful happenings in our personal lives.

God IS personally involved with each one of His children. Your testimony, Mark, "agrees" with my spirit as well.

Thanks for having the guts to share - and continue to do so ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]