Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:19 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: spiritual experience
PostPosted:  

Kingdom speaks,I have been here before under another username,good to be on again.My spirit eexperience,that is so far,tjhe ultimate connection.Took place in the fall of 1975.To cut a very long story short I enterd into my spiritual life as a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN[SORRY,my punctuation keys are going ding dong at the moment].Basically I experienced the fully fledged baptism of the Holy Spirit direct from the source of the master Jesus.or the Christ conciessness.,an exceptionally real visual and energizing moment in my life.Now, I know a lot of people dont give an actual discription of such an event,it felt akin to an explosion of energy entering the body within from head to toe.,like an unknown electrical pulse emanating through every pour of my skin,it felt incredible.At the same time I was witness to a vision of divine proportions,although I hesitate to guess who this was,probably the master himself or the actual SPIRIT OF THE 3RD IN THE TRINITY SHOWING HIMSELF, in physical form.,to this day I have never forgotten it.

It would be wonderful if everybody could know what this is like to literally fall into the hands of the living God,I suspect that there is and I know of other people telling me the same scenario.Of course everyone has their own designated path to take in their lives.What a wonderful gift that this divine father gives us all,the beauty being that whatever he bestows upon a person its never the same for everbody,but it always heads in the same direction.God bless you all.REPLY FROM ANYONE WELCOME AT ANYTIME.

Whatever any of you are doing you all are doing a wonderful job,even if at times you feel your not.Be like the shark,keep swimming.................. O:)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kingdom, thank you for sharing your spiritual experience. THIS is EXACTLY the kind of sharing for which this area was created! :wink:

God touches each of us as we are able to receive Him. Once so touched, that person must indeed be forever changed.

If you are new to this site, I'd like to welcome you, but since I have not been able to keep up with all recent posts, it is possible you have contributed before and I simply missed it. Whichever, WELCOME to our family. I will be looking forward to further posts from you.

Bro Dave

:smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject: Spiritual revelation
PostPosted:  

Thank you for your reply Br David,

I see that you are the only fan I have so far lol...but seriously,there has been so many other revelations that were shown to me,mostly about "whats coming up next",seems like a sort of precognitive connection I have to the spirit.,there are times when I can tell someone where to find a lost item,or if theres an impending illness coming up,that sort of ilk.,nothing on a global scale,but thats just an example.It doesnt happen very often I hasten to add,very few and far between.,but I am quite happy with that.

The most important thing is it didn,t half change my life,basically it revealed to me the absolute truth to the existance of God whatever way you care to look at it,and the diety of the Christ,because it is given to a person direct from the source.Now I know a lot of good people would not be able to grasp that this can actually take place,all I can say is when your in that situation then you know,simply thats it.I believe that everybody has an inbuilt ability to decern what is truth and what is not,be it in the genes or d.n.a or whatever I can honestly say I simply just dont know,its indefinable. For me it took me away from the bonds of religious dogma and man made rules and regulations,put simply my spirit was set free..It even changes a persons whole outlook on life,its like your looking at life through a new pair of eyes.

Through my life since then I have learned that there is a wider picture in play than just plain old straight down the line Christianity.One has to take all religious persuasions into consideration,because we can all learn from one another rather than using it as an excuse to partake in mankinds favourite pastime "tribal warfare".Putting it straight forwardly,as long as your hearts in the right place and the individual is sincere it doesn,t matter what persuasion you are affiliated with,its just plain old simple unconditional surrender to the spirit.

Thats about the jist of it just now. I would like to take the opperchancity in wishin you Br David,I took it you were rather ill,I have already said a hearty prayer for you,wishing you lot all the blessings in the world,I will try to be here as often as possible , Bless you all........

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kingdom, I think you'll find you have many kindred spirits here. I don't know if you have read the UB yet, but what you've already shared has much in common.

Thank you for your prayers, they are always welcome. However, luckily I have not been seriously ill. I just had to UN-retire, and the 10 hour days are taking their toll on my internet time.

Anyway, glad to see your posts, and will continue to watch for more...

Bro Dave

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Kingdom,

You describe the experience of being filled with spirit energy during your born again experience. Words are surely a bit difficult to come by to describe such a thing. Usually like minded people will simply know from one to the other what their shared experience was like. Putting it into words is not necessary. For the uninitiated there is little reason to compose such a description since receptivity is conditioned by the experience of having received such a gift.

Nevertheless, I also gave it a shot one time:

"My body and soul began to ring, to vibrate with energy that overwhelmed my senses. The emotion and energy rapidly increased until I felt a column of light energy that filled every cell of my body. The energy of divine love started outside of me, below my feet and out the top of my head, and flowed through my being. My scalp tingled in a ring on the crown of my head like a dancing circle of electricity. My soul was ringing with the power of His goodness and love and I found myself almost sobbing, with tears pouring down my face as the force of it subsided. I was astonished!

I knew of love in my life. The most powerful love I had known before was romantic love for another person. But this was another matter altogether. This was a kind of love that I had never heard described (adequately), a love that contained immense power and dynamic energy. A new window was opened for me that provided a glimpse of the vast reach and power of this love from the Source and Center of all things that has no name.

The experience and the energy dissipated slowly, over the course of months. It was so powerful that I could not function well within the regular world. It threw me out of balance for a while. But if I am to be out of balance, there's no better way to go, embraced in the bliss of this extraordinary gift."

William

Post subject: Spiritual revelation
PostPosted:  

Thank you for your kind words william,but I was mearly putting a different slant on the expression of my experience through simple logic,I,m not one for eloquent dialogue,Dont get me wrong I see your point..,could be I might describe the experience differently in times to come,I,m sure years ago I put a different reference point to it then .I could even say it felt like the entire universe enfolding me in its embrace showing me the cosmic composition of its loving endlessness,but I wont bother with that,on the other hand,It was like a gust of wind runnning through my being like an electric warrior piercing every sinue of my existance lol..only kidding,of to make my millions of childrens supper,great to here from you,would like to speak to you again,anybody else up for it? God bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

William, thank you also for this significant sharing. While you are of course correct in saying that words simply fail, still, for those of us who have not yet had such an experience, it gives us a glimpse.

Thank you both for letting your lights shine where we they illuminate!

Bro Dave

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello...

I have heard of and met many people in the past who have experienced this so called 'religious rapture' - recieving a huge blast of energy....some were practising Christians, some not.. But i must say, in more than a decade i have never met one muslim in my community who has experienced this, i wonder why seems though they devote their whole lives to prayer...??? They dont believe in rapture and ecstacy, they think it is evil.. Im sure the Sufi's do experience them though... ????

Love Sarah

Post subject: spirit revelation
PostPosted:  

Thank you,Tasneen The situation that brought me to this energy source was an utterance of asking the christ for forgivness in my errors in life by word of mouth,in front of at least 2 witnessess.,then uttering "The LORDS prayer,following on from that allowing onesself to be baptized in water,again were one or two are gathered with you.If a person reads a particular passage from scripture in the old testament"these are the words from the Master Jesus at the time."Unless a person be ""Born again so on and so forth,if that person freely is baptized in water then The Lord will give that individual Baptism of the spirit.It is what it is,a renewing of the spirit,a second birth so to speak,the spirit is set free from the bonds of unenlightment if you like.This script can be found in John ,ch3.V3. The conversion is for everybody,although its obviously different paths in life for any individual.,I like to think that hopefully that nasty word "fundimentalism" doesn,t crop up.,but it doesnt mean you refrain from carrying on your own path in life.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

In the UB paper entitled, "The Seraphic Hosts" is this:

Quote:
The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them--advance in spirit status--by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always--in any sphere, in all of them--this is to choose to do the will of God.

My point in using this quote is to illustrate that my understanding about this kind of powerful blast of the spirit is not a function of the words spoken, but of the sincerity of the seeker. I also understand that it is not exclusive to the "born again" experience that many Christians have had.

My own experience had nothing to do with a baptism or any traditional Christian service. As well, it was not the first time. In retrospect receiving this kind of event seems to have been a function of my desire to connect and the sincerity, the depth of that desire. If only I could maintain that kind of connection. It is quite wonderful.

I do know at least one Sufi muslim who experiences regular events of this kind, deep and rhapsodic connections to the divine energy of the universe.

William

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello Kingdom, William...all

Well yes the Sufi's practice in a totally different way to mainstream muslims, they do pray the ritual prayer five times a day but in addition practice group and solitary meditation. So i can understand them recieving energy, when they make a connection....

William said:
Quote:
In retrospect receiving this kind of event seems to have been a function of my desire to connect and the sincerity, the depth of that desire.

Yes thats what i meant to say, mainstream muslims and many others too do not seek nor desire this kind of connection, therefore they wont and dont recieve...

Quote:
If only I could maintain that kind of connection. It is quite wonderful.

Oh no you couldnt sustain this kind of connection... really it would finish you off... O:)

With Love

Sarah

Post subject: revelation
PostPosted:  

The Spirit rapture is not meant to be inferred as "born again" exclusive.It is in no way connected to any religious affiliation or tradition,it is mearly a testament in words used by the Master Jesus in his revelation that mankind has a way of releasing himself from the bonds of *traditional* manmade persuasions,if I have read into what you said properly,if I havn,t understood your learned comment,my sincere apologies.The term *born again* is a discription of a person recieving a reknewal of spirit and outlook,revealing to us all that we do not have to go with the masses if you like,but this experience,to get to this crossroads of life is on offer for those who choose to take it,like I mentioned everone is entitled to his own path in life and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.I am afraid the term *born again* has been taken out of context as usual by agency like the media and such like,but hey,is that not sadly the way of things.Think what would happen if people like us who hold the urantia book with sncere reverence,where turned into another *cult* establishment.it doesnt bare thinking about,that is why that these teachings are more or less kept to a certain degree out of the mainsteam puplic domain,its essence has got to stay on the correct track,and not be turned into a media show.Although I am a christian,and I dont call myself *Born again christian*,as if to elevate myself above all other christian dietys on earth,I do hold the teachings of the u.b. with utmost sincerety.Its about time the Christ conciessness was allowing this revelation to take hold,the earth is needing it,and boy am I desperate for a cigarretelol,speak later my friends.[The reason my replys where slow is my i.s.p. was having a problem with connection,there seems to be an electrical problem with the circuits or something.Other i.s.p. agencys are having difficultys to over here,street lights and such like are going out.my apologies,thank you for being so patient.G.Bless.

On the subject of my conversion point in recieving the spiritual rapture,it was brought to my attention from,at the time my ex fiances mother who then already was a veteran christian.She spoke to me about it and after a while I decided to accept this situation,after much mulling overr it in my head,the individual duly takes to his or her knees,in a sincere manner and whole heartedly asks the living Christ to enter into your heart,Its a case of "Lord if you can hear me,show me,actually anything that happens to come into your head,as long as its genuine then recite the lords prayer,and if you decide you accept baptism by water,it does not have to be anywhere offical,it could by a lakeside or the kitchen sink if you like,its just about the individual humbling oneself and giving over whole heartedly,2 witnesses are required at least to give testimoney.I never thought how really hard it would be to reach that level of humbleness.The key is,you dont become emersed in water,you dont recieve the spiritual rapture as you callit.What the person IS experiencing is the living waters of the Christ,"The Holy Spirit".This little simple ceremony does not have to be initiated as a part of any religious establishment.We are judged on our attitude,not where or who we belong .There maybe a concensus of thought amongst you my friends that I totally abhore religious affiliations,nothing could be further fropm the truth.Belonging to a well grounded religious system is good for the individual,its a basis for calmness and knowledge and its good for the soul.As I said its all about a persons attitude.I myself do not belong to any religiuos persuasion at all,thats just what I choose to do.I was brought up as a Roman C atholic,and at the time as a child found it very narrow in its teachings,but thats m,y opinion,syl...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tasneem wrote:
Hello...

I have heard of and met many people in the past who have experienced this so called 'religious rapture' - recieving a huge blast of energy....some were practising Christians, some not.. But i must say, in more than a decade i have never met one muslim in my community who has experienced this, i wonder why seems though they devote their whole lives to prayer...??? They dont believe in rapture and ecstacy, they think it is evil.. Im sure the Sufi's do experience them though... ????

Love Sarah

Yes, Sufis do have these experiences. They are the group that blend all religious teachings and they are good at it. Also, the dervishes have these experiences. I think many people find the exertion too great to enter into and so they live and let live, so to speak. It seems that a heart set on Truth will enter this divinity whether or not they go to church or practice a religion.

Post subject: spirit announcement
PostPosted:  

My apologies !antwoman!,I wrongly assumed you wished to speak to me one on one in respect of my spiritual experiences.
Those who recieve this blessing recieve,those who dont,dont.
Dont ask me why,I have no idea.
We are all in it together when all is said and done.

The most important thing we can accomplish is to "share".
Sharing is one of the most important aspects of humanity,its one of the many steps closer to divinty.Whatever we experience in life is fine,Whatever we dont recieve isn,t relevent.We reap what we sow.

People always ask"where is the Christ,why doesn,t he come".
In case those of you who are not aware,the Christ is here,his day of declaration is coming very soon.He IS here in the physical body.My friends,the "second coming" has taken place.I know this is quite a extraordinary statement to make,but there you are.I amongst many have been designated to announce this.His name is Miatreya,the name chosen at the time of his arrival.But he wishes to be known as the "World teacher",so as not to cause religious ferver the wrong way.

I think his first public appearence was Nairobi,Kenya,1986.in the midst of 6,000 people.Please do not think this is a religious cult forming,I give you my heart,this is the real deal.,Many people claim the name,"Miatreya",but its not.As I said his day of declaration is coming very very soon.
Just remember,the end of communism,the G8 summit,band aid,berlin wall ,Weeping madonnas,strange lights in the sky,crop pictograms.These are just some of the "signs and wonders that crystalise his presence.

God bless you all,something tel;ls me I will be hearing from a lot of people soon.Bless,thank you.

hOW DO YOU KNOW TRUTH.You know a tree by its fruits.

It would be wonderful if everybody could know what this is like to literally fall into the hands of the living God,I suspect that there is and I know of other people telling me the same scenario.Of course everyone has their own designated path to take in their lives.What a wonderful gift that this divine father gives us all,the beauty being that whatever he bestows upon a person its never the same for everbody,but it always heads in the same direction.God bless you all.REPLY FROM ANYONE WELCOME AT ANYTIME.

Whatever any of you are doing you all are doing a wonderful job,even if at times you feel your not.Be like the shark,keep swimming..................

Post subject: Re: spirit announcement
PostPosted:  

kingdom wrote:
I think his first public appearence was Nairobi,Kenya,1986.in the midst of 6,000 people.Please do not think this is a religious cult forming,I give you my heart,this is the real deal.,Many people claim the name,"Miatreya",but its not. Bless,thank you.

I saw that Maitreya was in Kenya at the same time. Other Masters are here also. I take it as a sign that we are to enter into that safe space and unite with all believers world wide so that we may enter into the protection of Jesus.

(Revelations 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.)

Jesus has many friends that are now being revealed to the world. I found them in a book published a few decades ago, I don't remember the year. They are called Christed beings and are a lot like Jesus in his glory. After glancing through this book, I thought about the Apostles, they too are Christed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next