Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

I think I've realized a truth in the past few weeks. A couple years ago I progressed greatly in spirit because I had a female associate who nearly everyday for a month or so talked with me about many different subjects. Anyways, during this time period... I became gradually more spiritual, creative, and my mind began to work splendidly.

Well, she left... went back to her homeland. And my spirituality began to drift back to the lower levels again. For a long time, I really thought it was because of HER as to why I became more spiritual, because of her tolerant and understanding nature.

But the truth of the matter is that it was because of the frequent emotional/thought expression, as well as hearing HER viewpoints on matters. I believe if you can make it a habit of everyday or every other day to talk with someone or a group freely, about any subject, for maybe an hour or two... you will gradually become more spiritual.

"Love is only born by thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbors motives and sentiments."

One of the great things about hearing other peoples viewpoints, is that it takes away prejudices from your mind, as well as prevents them from taking root. I think humans have an inborn knack to take extreme viewpoints when interpreting life episodes.

And of course it is very beneficial to also express your own thoughts and emotions in order to CLARIFY your interpretations on life experiences... which will naturally make your mind stronger and your convictions deeper.

Also... you are performing the SAME service to your associates, they are also being prevented from prejudices by hearing YOUR viewpoints, and they can clarify their concepts and experiences by expression to you. It is mutually beneficial even if they don't know it.

"If only you could fathom the motives of your associates, you would eventually fall in love with them."

Take care.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I thank this site for being...For I agree

I have no one in my area that I can talk spiritual things with ......there are plent of Christians here in Texas, But not really willing to have a open discussion.

this place here at Truthbook.com feed my spiritual hunger from time to time not always but as i stay tuned, There doas pop up a topic or two that I feel i can go with.

I am Still waiting for something truely jucie to bite in to ....im sure It Will Happen.

But to be in agreance with you ...Yes it is a blessing to have conversations that keep our spirit feed and our minds open to the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

[quote=Arie]But the truth of the matter is that it was because of the frequent emotional/thought expression, as well as hearing HER viewpoints on matters. I believe if you can make it a habit of everyday or every other day to talk with someone or a group freely, about any subject, for maybe an hour or two... you will gradually become more spiritual. [/quote]

I have to agree strongly with the last sentence quoted above, since it echoes my experience, especially in AA and NA, of which I am a long time member. But the important thing to cultivate, imho, is the ability to really listen to your brothers and sisters, and find out what really makes them tick.

Such is the path to true Brotherhood. If we can each day learn to love one more of our brethren, we are truly becoming more spiritual.

Joe Feller
Evolutionary Mortal

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]