Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:09 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coming Home experience
PostPosted:  

Greetings Fellows,

I wanted to share my experience of oneness. I have had a few big ones and wanted to know if this experience is similar to others.

I had the experience of leaving my body at night. It was not a dream, for I had not gone to sleep and I knew something was unfolding. At the time I had been diligently persuing spirit and had been guided to read about people having the experience of being touched by et's or angles. I believe I was guided to read this in prepration as to what I was going to experience. I was then taking a nap one day closely after reading that and felt someone shaking me to wake up. I knew it was spirit. It was a little alarming but I remained fairley trustful. I went outside to find my 90 year old neighbor walking to her car. I greeted her and smiled.

For the next day or two I felt I was being touched in an increasing rate. I was still diligently seeking to do the will of the Father by day. The next night I felt I was being touched alot because I was going to be taken somewhere. I felt I was leaving my body behind and being transported a distance. I was not scared. I only wanted to experience spirt. I could not see anything on this journey, but I knew I was traveling and I was not alone. I could feel myself traveling. When I got there it was a place that looked semiphysical, like a dull red light. I was so overcome by Joy. The Joy was so intense. It came from everywhere and from seemingly everyone and everything. Although I did not directly experience anyone else. I was aware and could experience but I did not have the faculty of the human brain. So it was strange to not be able to think as I normally do. I could not formulate who I was. I could not even formulate.

The Joy was so intense I could not comprehend it. It went beyond me and I could sense my limits. I really really liked it though. I felt myself travel back and come back to my body. I woke up and was happy, alarmed, and shocked. I was so thankful I had my one year old daughter sleeping next to me.

I think this is an experience of oneness.

I have not told anyone about this. Does this resonate with anyone else?

Peace :idea:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I don't have a clue. I've had some rather unique sensations in my cosmic career, too, and while they may benefit from my definitions for a time, it is never a certainty what transpired. I do know I come away from them with increased appreciation for divinity for which we strive, and the mind with which we have been loaned.

It might have been that you stepped up a notch in the seven levels of circle attainment, or it might have been that your Adjuster went on an "away mission" and your consciousness followed as far as you could go; it might even represent wish-fulfillment. But I would not overlook the possibility that it might have been something you ate which had a bizarre effect on your electro-chemical system causing you to perceive a psychic impression or a subconscious uprising in lieu of heartburn.

I like to keep them tucked into my sacred memory bank to recall at will. When my human understandings fail me, at least I know there is another dimension operating under a Higher Power than mine, and that gives me comfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

If one does not know with CERTAINTY what one is and what one does, one can NEVER know ANYTHING! For ALL ELSE depend on these! Putting intellectual reasoning above living experience deprives one of the ability to have ANY genuine experiences. How would one even know then whether one exists or not?

ALL experiences are REAL! Including so-called dreams. Not all of them take place in the familiar material substance though. That's all. But ALL realms, material or not, impact upon one another because the universe is absolutely contiguous.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Mr. Zik --

Getting a lot of attention aren't you. As of the rest of the day any further posts of yours will be deleted. Furthermore, for the rest of the coming week you will be on a 5 post per day limit. Best wishe.

L. Watkins

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

[Further posting on Sunday by ZIK removed by admin.]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]