Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:30 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Ms Gerdean,

There was a real very big blackout in the area you mentioned-it was in the evening, fall of 1965. I recall this one, I was towing a boat near New Rochelle on Long Island Sound. It was the most fantastic sight to look over to Manhattan and only see the airplanes all stacked up over the airports, their running lights on.

Another was the very high flying craft going east to west- I to this day don't believe they were jets. I later recalled the craft with a fellow boater who also saw these 'super' flyers. The heavens stars were beautiful-you don't see much due to the lights of the big cities around NYC-It was an indeed treat.

Oh, I also had a towing cleat brake loose from my tow boat and fling into the side of my knee that night- With beauty sometimes is a lot of pain- now that's a contrast.

My soon to be wife spent most of the night on a commutor train in the upper bronx line of the New Haven RR with hundreds of commutors. The trains are electrified near the big apple and just sat still in the dark all night. I had teaching the next day and supplied my boats portable generator to the school to run the PA system-the only effective way to communicate quickly to a three floor jr high. They finally dismissed early-no lunch could be served!

Hugs in His Light,
Carl

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Howdy folks.

Gerdean, I hope you are being more careful since then about what you put in your novels. :smile:

Peace,
Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

HaHa, Arcfixer ...

You credit me with power I don't deserve!

But, as ghoulish as this may sound, I was ecstatic when the more recent blackout happened. My book is "futuristic" and I have always felt I was "assisted" in the writing of it, so the August 14 blackout "coincidence" was construed by me as proof that my novel was (and still is) a prophetic piece of literature.

Alas, it seems that it was and remains "slightly ahead of its time" and if this keeps up, I will join the ranks of the many who become famous long after they are dead. That's okay, I guess. I have long known that reserve corps of destiny are seldom emblazoned on the pages of history, and similarly, prophetic authors are seldom found on the top of the New York Times Best Seller list. It's the work itself that matters.

Nevertheless, to take off on an old standard, "fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, I'm gonna tout my work til I die; can't help lovin that book of mine." Thanks for giving me a chance to give it a flagrant plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Howdy, Gerdean, et al.

You write:
Quote:
You credit me with power I don't deserve!
I try to never underestimate the power of a woman. :smile:

So I was wondering, did you expect a blackout each year on August 14th, until it finally happened, or was it a bit of a surprise?

Please, plug away! :wink:

Peace,
Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you, Arc.

No, I had no such expectations. It was a total surprise. But the kind of surprise that ... like ... you wake up and the living room is missing or something like that. I mean BIG -- falling into the cosmos -- surprise.

You see, the thing is, I originally wrote the book to have the blackout take place on the hot summer night of August 12th, but my brain kept naturally gravitating to my brother Joe's birthday, which was August 14th, so I finally just left it at the 14th. Now, I could stop here and that would be the short story.

But the long story is that the book is dedicated to my brother -- "To Joe and Kuhus and Sally and Debby, Who could not wait for The Portal" -- These are all people who had committed suicide or hastened their terrestrial escape because the circumstances of their lives were simply unbearable, and so ... it seems appropriate, somehow, that I get to tell the story every now and then because it helps me point to the point of the book, which is, if we don't do something about the deplorable conditions of life on Urantia, a lot of people are simply not going to make it. There is no reason for people to have to suffer like this! I realize that ...

Quote:
Suicide among men testifies that such beings have emerged from the purely animal stage of existence, and to the further fact that the exploratory efforts of such human beings have failed to attain the artistic levels of mortal experience.

My book is a depiction of a society of Golden Rulers (from Paper 71) where people delight to bear the burdens of their fellows (also taking inspiration from Paper 72). It is an attempt to encourage the creation of such a prototype of sociology that would help people attain artistic levels of mortal experience, so as to not let them flounder or fall back into the purely animal stage of existence. Kind of a helping hand kind of thing.

So with my peculiar brand of divine madness, I rather considered that the blackout occurring on August 14th, (if it had to happen at all), was a way of underscoring the point that we really need to get this planetary awakening under way.

Thanks for the chance to expound.

Relevant quotes below:

From Rodan of Alexandria (P.1773 - §2)

Quote:
Animals respond nobly to the urge of life, but only man can attain the art of living, albeit the majority of mankind only experience the animal urge to live. Animals know only this blind and instinctive urge; man is capable of transcending this urge to natural function. Man may elect to live upon the high plane of intelligent art, even that of celestial joy and spiritual ecstasy. Animals make no inquiry into the purposes of life; therefore they never worry, neither do they commit suicide. Suicide among men testifies that such beings have emerged from the purely animal stage of existence, and to the further fact that the exploratory efforts of such human beings have failed to attain the artistic levels of mortal experience. Animals know not the meaning of life; man not only possesses capacity for the recognition of values and the comprehension of meanings, but he also is conscious of the meaning of meanings--he is self-conscious of insight.

From Paper 71, Development of the State: (P.804 - §16)

Quote:
The appearance of genuine brotherhood signifies that a social order has arrived in which all men delight in bearing one another's burdens; they actually desire to practice the golden rule. But such an ideal society cannot be realized when either the weak or the wicked lie in wait to take unfair and unholy advantage of those who are chiefly actuated by devotion to the service of truth, beauty, and goodness. In such a situation only one course is practical: The "golden rulers" may establish a progressive society in which they live according to their ideals while maintaining an adequate defense against their benighted fellows who might seek either to exploit their pacific predilections or to destroy their advancing civilization.

(Emphasis added.)

PostPosted:  

carl marsden wrote:
:?: How can a presentiment happen? Or maybe why do presentiments happen? Is there significance in the event.? Is this a part of the Devine/human eyeopener-a prelude of things to happen?

How can a time ahead be shown to the human who is in time dimension #1.? Or who would do this? Is this an angelic requirement as part of the human/angelic experiences?

Could we have some UB references to back up the answers if possible?

Hugs, and thanks,
C

PS I define an advanced knowledge as a presentiment-knowing ahead of actual clock time.

I know this is really late but I am pretty new here and just discovered this thread. I hope it's ok to add to it.

I don't have any memory of TUB references but I can flip forward a bit usually when I want to. It has to be something or someone I am familiar with. Sometimes I do it on purpose some times it just happens to me, sometimes it's "hidden".

My accountant type husband actually will come and ask me if I can tell anything about some of his business things now.

I don't think time is fixed but I think there are probable outcomes and that's what I can see.

Classic example (very shortened) we had been doing some field work that required going over a barbwire fence, back and forth. Some hay bales were used as steps. Several of us had been going back and forth all day. Suddenly as I was fixing dinner, plain as day I saw my hubby take a nasty fall stepping over the fence. So I told my teenage son "Run out and help your Dad over the fence he is about to take a fall" Typically the kiddo argued with me about going out there. As we walked out the back door we watched my husband take the fall I had just seen in my head.

I do similar things all the time. Some I never know if I am right because I have corrected what I think will happen. I can't go far into the future because the probabilities are to muddled I guess. But it does happen and I am sure I am not the only one who can do this.

Dana :)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

HELLO DANA :smile:

Thanks for shareing that . U Said ; :wink:
''I don't think time is fixed but I think there are probable outcomes and that's what I can see. '' I feel this can often be true, the strong Intuition ESP, Of a Strong Spiritual Women / Wife & Mother . :wink:

I could give a lotta examples , of my wife's intuition's as well as my own . I see it as a guideance of possibilities , not allways as written in stone ,
cemented truths .

Faith son
COOP

p938:7 84:6.3
Male and female are, practically regarded, two distinct varieties of the same species living in close and intimate association. Their viewpoints and entire life reactions are essentially different;
they are wholly incapable of full and real comprehension of each other.

Complete understanding between the sexes is not attainable.

p938:8 84:6.4
Women seem to have more intuition than men,
but they also appear to be somewhat less logical. Woman, however, has always been the moral standard-bearer and the spiritual leader of mankind. The hand that rocks the cradle still fraternizes with destiny.

p938:9 84:6.5 The differences of nature, reaction, viewpoint, and thinking between men and women, far from occasioning concern, should be regarded as highly beneficial to mankind, both individually and collectively. Many orders of universe creatures are created in dual phases of personality manifestation. Among mortals, Material Sons, and midsoniters, this difference is described as male and female; among seraphim, cherubim, and Morontia Companions, it has been denominated positive or aggressive and negative or retiring. Such dual associations greatly multiply versatility and overcome inherent limitations, even as do certain triune associations in the Paradise-Havona system.

p939:1 84:6.6 Men and women need each other in their morontial and spiritual as well as in their mortal careers.
The differences in viewpoint between male and female persist even beyond the first life and throughout the local and superuniverse ascensions.

And even in Havona, the pilgrims who were once men and women will still be aiding each other in the Paradise ascent. Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female;

always will these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and assist each other; always will they be mutually dependent on co-operation in the solution of perplexing universe problems and in the overcoming of manifold cosmic difficulties. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Coop, Dana, et al, :smile:

My views on this subject are multi--However most thoughts are directly related to spiritual advancements.

UB spends a great deal of type on the time/space concepts as we progress inward toward the Center. Neumorous assisting beings are often working in our time understandings while they themselves are possibably from another time/space view.

Inorder to guide, steer, encourage, and do the required setup work they have been intrusted to perform to guide the human, time/space differencials can be handy to show the human 'from wence they come" and to where the human is possibably going-time/space being changed as one proceeds. I believe the TA within can make greater contact-the TA having a time/space relationship of various 'zones' including earths.--hmmm. that's interesting... :idea:

In my inward travels it has also been used to help me keep tract of whom I am encountering at any particualr time/space adjustment(s). ie: ordinary time/space presentation is of the local beings, major time/space rearrangements of the presentations often leads me to appreciate a ' higher' order of spiritual being-closer to Center. Also used to show values
adjustment(s).

I beleive the early presentiments I experienced as a child and young person were there to remind me of" things" beyond me-a type of ego checker-interest getter, a curiosity maker.

Now I look upon these presentients as a wounderful gift...

Lots of love and hugs,

c

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Although we need to resolve to respond to our intuitions/ leadings in a
discerning manner of good judgment .

p381:5 34:6.11
((The Spirit never drives, only leads. ))
I
f you are a willing learner, if you want to attain spirit levels and reach divine heights, if you sincerely desire to reach the eternal goal, then the divine Spirit will gently and lovingly...... lead you along the pathway of sonship and spiritual progress.
Every step you take must be one of willingness, intelligent and cheerful co-operation.

The domination of the ((Spirit is never tainted with coercion))
nor compromised by ((compulsion. )) :wink:

p381:6 34:6.12
And when such a life of spirit guidance is freely and intelligently accepted, there gradually develops within the human mind a positive consciousness of divine contact and assurance of spirit communion; sooner or later "the Spirit bears witness with your spirit (the Adjuster) that you are a child of God." Already has your own Thought Adjuster told you of your kinship to God so that the record testifies that ((the Spirit bears witness ''WITH YOUR SPIRIT,......... ''"with your spirit,"))...

...... NOT TO YOUR SPIRIT ! Another paper sez ... also , that ... Its not so much that , we are lead . But guided .

Intuition ... can happen , yet we must be prudent in our understanding
and faith in it . As at times it's often our own mind of reason putting
... 2 + 2 together , which may or may not be correct . Our very own mind's, thoughts & Feelings , can mislead us... into a field of dreams . If we build it , doesnt mean that they will come . As standing in the middle of a football field , waiting for one to come is unproductive , a waste of time & energy . that could be spent on something progressive & fruitfull .

If we "FEEL '' or '' Believe '' it to be so .. true . Doesnt mean it is so . NAMASTAE

know contentment and you will suffer no disgrace;
know when to stop and you will meet with no danger. you can then endure. he who knows contentment is rich. there is no crime greater than having too many desires; there is no disaster greater than not being content; there is no misfortune greater than being covetous. man is egged on by desire and covetousness to be ever wanting greater gratification,
so it is necessary to counter his natural tendencies by the lessons of

' knowing contentment '
and
' knowing when to stop '.

only when a man realizes that' ' he has enough can he learn ' not to aim'.
at winning greater wealth and more exalted rank, the ceaseless pursuit of which will end only in disaster.
Lao Tsu

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2