Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: i can't tell you
PostPosted:  

my poetry abound. take a breath and further... deeper in your mind. the thoughtless thoughts you thinketh... the feelings of forget... go deeper in this mind... you may a fear to go... but climb with me forgiveness. let's climb deeper in the snow.... peace and purity is here you may not know the feeling steer... but let us climb aboard the peace... and go to the neverending wonder.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Not for me!
PostPosted:  

"Spiritual growth is greatest where all external pressures are at a minimum."??? For you, maybe. Not for me.

The UB says, "Many spiritual births are accompanied by much anguish of spirit and marked psychological perturbations." This has been especially true for me, but I consider myself fortunate.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome to the site Merlin,

Love your signature!

Best wishes, A UB'er & dog guy

Woody

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

P1135:1, 103:5.11 "But man is not saved or ennobled by pressure. Spirit growth springs from within the evolving soul. Pressure may deform the personality, but it never stimulates growth. Even educational pressure is only negatively helpful in that it may aid in the prevention of disastrous experiences. Spiritual growth is greatest where all external pressures are at a minimum. "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.""

In my experience... I repeatedly have to battle certain psychological pressures having to do with family relationships, society, finances, spirituality... and it NEVER helps me grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Arie, do you think that maybe without the discomfort all those negative pressures bring, we might fail to search for the relief that only spirit can bring?

This reminds me of a Morantia Mota:
Quote:
The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

Bro Dave :wink:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Bro Dave,

Do you think you might be inadevertently playing the Devil's advocate here? It seems to me Arie is expressing how it is that she incorporates UB truths into her life, and you seem to be saying she is doing it wrong. Or such is my perception. There is a big difference between social pressure, sexual pressure, academic pressure, peer pressure, etc., than spiritual pressure, which is like the pressure of gravity.

It is said that it is not necessary for a planet to experience adversities such as default and/or rebellion in order to provide its people with the necessary stimuli for growth-promoting situations. It is my impression that Arie is saying that much, perhaps most, of the pressure we experience here is unnecessary for soul growth. Assuredly, God will arrange for us to have those challenges which will foster our growth. It is inherent in the seven adjutant mind spirits, so we can attain the seven psychic circles. People trying to pressure us into doing things or thinking things we don't want or need will not help.

Tuesday morning, two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I guess we'll have to ask Arie...

Bro Dave
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I appreciate Gerdean's response considering this thread was intended to express some of my poetry but rather attracted an attack on my signature.

I believe there is a distinction between pressure and struggle. Pressure implies force while struggle implies effort. Struggle isn't necessarily associated with pressure. There are many UB quotes talking about the value of suffering, effort, and struggle. And there is a good chunk as I quoted earlier referring to the negatives of pressure.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

mia culpa

Bro Dave
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

It is not unusual for the mind of man to automatically gravitate to that with which it has a beef. First off, in the overriding culture of today, we have accustomed ourelves to thinking with the analytical part of our brain (if we think at all), and in that mode of "linear thinking" we seek to find the flaw ... (this, I believe, is a natural side-effect of our inherent perfection hunger). In this way, we satisfy the abstract part of our brain that we have brought balance and harmony, when in fact, we have merely focused on the negative instead of the positive. This is the unfortunate side-effect of the prevailing mind-set in our overriding culture, but this post is not about our overriding culture. It is about Arie's creative expression and its subsequent feedback.

Quote:
my poetry abound. take a breath and further... deeper in your mind. the thoughtless thoughts you thinketh... the feelings of forget... go deeper in this mind... you may a fear to go... but climb with me forgiveness. let's climb deeper in the snow.... peace and purity is here you may not know the feeling steer... but let us climb aboard the peace... and go to the neverending wonder.

"Climb with me forgiveness." That's a great place to start a new analytical appreciation of this lovely and tender expression. It really is a "climb" up and out of the hole we dig for ourself when we develop a resentment against something someone has done or said or been. It takes effort. "Climb deeper in the snow" is part of the process. It's cold there, in pure truth, where we slog on to discover our own part of the offense, the expectations we had, the hopes that were dashed. "Climb aboard the peace" is what we have to do to continue our journey.

It's a lovely allegory for the ascension plan, as I see it. Arie's poetry abounds, indeed. It feels good in there. It glides trippingly on the mind, lilting and soft-spoken. It takes the ice-cold shards of broken glass we encounter in our experiences and arranges them thoughtfully so as not to get cut, but to see a kaleidoscopic view of "neverending wonder."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Arie,

Contrast is necessary. Your poetry is full of one liners of contrasts.

In order to know Our Father it is first to be without much wisdom. There is in spiritual growth ( shown by you guardian angel)- adjustments of self to accomplish a growth-contrast- toward TA interaction .

Poetry is fun as long as it advances ones thoughts toward new values.

Hugs, c

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Howdy, folks.

Thank you, Arie, for sharing your intriguing verse. I will spare you the tedium of trying to explain it to you. :wink:

I'm down with your signature, too. Of course we all must face challenges, but I face my challenges best when I don't feel any pressure to produce a certain result. This would make an excellent topic for another thread. So, back to Arie's poem.

Arie writes:
Quote:
but climb with me forgiveness. let's climb deeper in the snow
Today, I skied. It was a stormy day, the kind old powder hounds like me live for. The wind was howling on the ridges, and sometimes it snowed so hard I couldn't see my ski tips. The kind of day when the power of the creation drives itself into your very marrow. And it is ecstasy. I feathered into the trees, where the snow lay deep, first through dark firs, then on through aspens, grey and silent in the whiteness. And back again into dark firs, finally so thick I must stop. Moving silently through the snow, picking my way slowly through this cathedral of trees draped in white crystal, gratitude suffused me. And then, the silence was broken. Beneath my left ski tip, a mountain grouse exploded from its hiding place beneath the snow, and rose like forgiveness before my eyes. She was only three or four feet in front of my nose. I could see the detail of each feather quite clearly, the rich golds, and deep browns, and blackest of the blacks, all dancing irridescent in the snowlight. She looked over her shoulder and our eyes met. She looked scared, but had nothing to fear from me. I was paralyzed with delight. She dove into the bottom of a fir tree, and we watched each other for a while. Then it was time to go. A quick thank you and good bye, and I was on my way. The never ending wonder.

"From a high and starry place I fell
To swim the crystal ocean.
To know the simple grace
Of a Thought of God
In motion."

Peace,
Arc

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]