Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:40 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

gizmo wrote:
Riktare, was there any sense of a purpose, or lesson, in your experience? Perhaps you were just given a gift of these dreams for your pleasure alone, but maybe something deeper is meant. Is there relevance to your relationship with the people in your life?

I think many of us have been blessed with brilliant spiritual messages unique to our natures. One indelible memory:

Just that one "episode" would have been enough to last a life-time, but I wanted more of it.

I think these experiences are God's way of telling us He loves us, to keep our purpose strong, and await the wonders ahead.

This type of temptation can lead to many varieties of emotional dependence (addiction). If you look into the way that spiritual experiences are manifest, you can see that there is an experiencial process, involving sincerity and altruistic thoughts, that first act on the inner environ of the human mind and factor through "the spiritual fragrance of human encounters"/ synchonicity. But to say this "I wanted more of it", is how the demand for miracles become a false form of appeasement, and in our generation people accept fake technological subsitutions "simulation of the miraculous" as a substitute because/if the human individual think of the pleasure or the result and not of the method.

It's happening; beaurocrats have studied that group ACIM/Williamsonian, and know the reasons why people would appreciate spiritual experience, why this called miracle, and why human individual would seek miracle instead of seek to fulfill God's will. The beauty and the solidarity of those who read and follow those teachings have come to the critical empasse, four months ago. There is actually a politically economic battle being waged, and if miracles become identified as a form of pleasure-giving, you might be tricked.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
gizmo wrote:
Riktare, was there any sense of a purpose, or lesson, in your experience? Perhaps you were just given a gift of these dreams for your pleasure alone, but maybe something deeper is meant. Is there relevance to your relationship with the people in your life?

I think many of us have been blessed with brilliant spiritual messages unique to our natures. One indelible memory:

Just that one "episode" would have been enough to last a life-time, but I wanted more of it.

I think these experiences are God's way of telling us He loves us, to keep our purpose strong, and await the wonders ahead.

This type of temptation can lead to many varieties of emotional dependence (addiction). If you look into the way that spiritual experiences are manifest, you can see that there is an experiencial process, involving sincerity and altruistic thoughts, that first act on the inner environ of the human mind and factor through "the spiritual fragrance of human encounters"/ synchonicity. But to say this "I wanted more of it", is how the demand for miracles become a false form of appeasement, and in our generation people accept fake technological subsitutions "simulation of the miraculous" as a substitute because/if the human individual think of the pleasure or the result and not of the method.

It's happening; beaurocrats have studied that group ACIM/Williamsonian, and know the reasons why people would appreciate spiritual experience, why this called miracle, and why human individual would seek miracle instead of seek to fulfill God's will. The beauty and the solidarity of those who read and follow those teachings have come to the critical empasse, four months ago. There is actually a politically economic battle being waged, and if miracles become identified as a form of pleasure-giving, you might be tricked.

When considering Stephen's cautionary warning, one should be aware or advised that Stephen does not believe in any form of faith assurance or truth assurance...as he has claimed many times here. He declares all such assurances are false and without merit.

I think it is true that some are indeed self delusion in origin and nature. The mind will seek confirmations of preconceptions and prejudices. But the UB teaches that assurance is or can be quite real and functional and leads to poise and inner peace despite confusions and uncertainty.

But assurance is no addiction...except perhaps to the cynics and doubtful.

8)

146:3.4 (1641.6) And Jesus said to Thomas: “Your assurance that you have entered into the kingdom family of the Father, and that you will eternally survive with the children of the kingdom, is wholly a matter of personal experience—faith in the word of truth. Spiritual assurance is the equivalent of your personal religious experience in the eternal realities of divine truth and is otherwise equal to your intelligent understanding of truth realities plus your spiritual faith and minus your honest doubts.

PostPosted:  

I think that the main assurance that is provided from the Urantia Papers, or its Authors, is that all Beings who have attained eternal life in Paradise are trustworthy. The role of System Sovereign or Planetary Prince is to provide for the maximum of creature destiny, especially with due deference to the material series of ascendent creature life, whether Urantian or of the Material Son & Daughter. There is certainly a trust that one receives upon entrance into duty-manhood. If you have found Paradise, then I trust you; it is simple as this. Only, you are bringing tumult upon your house by claiming to have attained Paradise by providing such assurances. The only one who was able to do that in my opinion is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I understand the kind of trust that committee appointment entails. There is no need to provide assurances, except that each man may attain the fullness of life, in their approach towards the absolute, through the fulfillment of their individual universe destiny not as on Urantia but in Paradise, and through the will of the Paradise Father. Currently, there is no means to extenuate those qualifications by which assurances may be offered from one human individual to another person, except that each human individual should learn to trust the guidance of the indwelling Adjuster assigned to the custody and upbringing of you in the universe of universes. I look at it this way; here we are on Urantia, but the ones that I love are also seen as having a conjoint existence, with all who have ascended to have found likeness in the heavenly Father. The transcripts are easy enough to read there, or within the seven psychic circles, many people whom I have met who have displayed humbly, this tact and eloquence. The things you have done are true universally, and they are real. If you have made something real on Paradise, it must be true universally. Currently, there are extreme dangers of human trust, in the measure of assurance. Your assurance is discounted by your sincerity intent, but also that total is divided by your true capability. Therefore, let us seek assurance not from our fellow men but from only the First Source and Center (even then only when you are ready to do His Will), and then commit through the work of the Paradise Son. Of course, each of we craves assurance to know that your destiny is real in the grand universe, but I do not believe that you should be able to grant that assurance in others' goals, especially considering the times you tried to grant assurance of their truth, when their wishes were actually deemed immature. I believe I will find every other ascender, again, in Paradise; that is a secret I wish to keep.

PostPosted:  

No mortal on this site has "attained Paradise" Stephen. And spiritual, faith, and truth assurances are not delivered to mortals by other mortals...whether they have been to Paradise or not. :roll:

Mortals may encourage one another and we are to share the fruits of the Spirit but this is not the source of the sublime inner peace and whisper given to each faith child by the Spirit ministry.

We are told our assurance equals our faith, hope, and trust. Lacking assurance??? Hmmm..... Unfortunate. Most unfortunate.

And the Master said: "Spiritual assurance is the equivalent of your personal religious experience in the eternal realities of divine truth and is otherwise equal to your intelligent understanding of truth realities plus your spiritual faith and minus your honest doubts."

34:6.12 (381.6) And when such a life of spirit guidance is freely and intelligently accepted, there gradually develops within the human mind a positive consciousness of divine contact and assurance of spirit communion; sooner or later “the Spirit bears witness with your spirit (the Adjuster) that you are a child of God.” Already has your own Thought Adjuster told you of your kinship to God so that the record testifies that the Spirit bears witness “with your spirit,” not to your spirit.

34:6.13 (381.7) The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, “for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.” Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

Few in the Local Universe have "found Paradise" but are still yet trustworthy. So much distrust and suspicion! We are to trust this friendly universe.

140:5.11 (1574.4) 3. “Happy are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” Genuine meekness has no relation to fear. It is rather an attitude of man co-operating with God—“Your will be done.” It embraces patience and forbearance and is motivated by an unshakable faith in a lawful and friendly universe. It masters all temptations to rebel against the divine leading. Jesus was the ideal meek man of Urantia, and he inherited a vast universe.

And certainly there is much meaning and value in faith and truth assurance...no matter your proclamations otherwise. And the source of such assurances to mortals is threefold by the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, and the TA.

133:5.8 (1477.3) There is unity in the cosmic universe if you could only discern its workings in actuality. The real universe is friendly to every child of the eternal God. ...

As usual...no text to support these endless contradictions TO the text. Your fears, suspicions, and doubts are your own Stephen. You cannot "discount" another's faith or assurance. Beware the millstone Stephen.

"But whosoever causes one of these little ones to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hanged about his neck and he were cast into the sea."

8)

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I look at it this way; here we are on Urantia, but the ones that I love are also seen as having a conjoint existence, with all who have ascended to have found likeness in the heavenly Father. The transcripts are easy enough to read there.

fanofVan states: Beware the millstone Stephen.
instead of "Beware the millstone, Stephen". I am not "the millstone Stephen"!

Matthew 18:6 "qui autem scandalizaverit unum de pusillis istis, qui in me credunt, expedit ei ut suspendatur mola asinaria in collo ejus, et demergatur (flung) in profundum maris."
It means if you ordered someone to do wrong... If you have little ones (vassal) who obey your teachings; if you instructed anything, if you asked them to do anything that you know is wrong according to your personal knowledge/reason.

PostPosted:  

Nothing to say about Divine assurance then?? Of course not.

I think the quote is about causing others to fear or doubt their own faith. To destroy assurance in others is a mortal sin indeed.

158:8.1 (1761.2) Entering Capernaum at twilight, they went by unfrequented thoroughfares directly to the home of Simon Peter for their evening meal. While David Zebedee made ready to take them across the lake, they lingered at Simon’s house, and Jesus, looking up at Peter and the other apostles, asked: “As you walked along together this afternoon, what was it that you talked about so earnestly among yourselves?”The apostles held their peace because many of them had continued the discussion begun at Mount Hermon as to what positions they were to have in the coming kingdom; who should be the greatest, and so on. Jesus, knowing what it was that occupied their thoughts that day, beckoned to one of Peter’s little ones and, setting the child down among them, said: “Verily, verily, I say to you, except you turn about and become more like this child, you will make little progress in the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever shall humble himself and become as this little one, the same shall become greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso receives such a little one receives me. And they who receive me receive also Him who sent me. If you would be first in the kingdom, seek to minister these good truths to your brethren in the flesh. But whosoever causes one of these little ones to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hanged about his neck and he were cast into the sea. If the things you do with your hands, or the things you see with your eyes give offense in the progress of the kingdom, sacrifice these cherished idols, for it is better to enter the kingdom minus many of the beloved things of life rather than to cling to these idols and find yourself shut out of the kingdom. But most of all, see that you despise not one of these little ones, for their angels do always behold the faces of the heavenly hosts.”