Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello.

There is one thing that bugs me. It is about the disagreement of UB and reincarnation.

I know that it is very logical that we don't go in cycle forever, but progressing towards the Paradise. Otherwise, life will be futile.

However, if you google about the stories and proofs of reincarnation, we can find some of them that are so convincing it is very hard to dismiss. Ian Stevenson's work is a good start for the research.

One theory I can think of is that reincarnation is actually the TA of previous human.

One interesting note is that only children can remember their past lives. It supports UB that children receive their TA in around 6 years of age.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hmmmm....

Whether the UB is true or not true is ours to determine for ourselves. But what the UB says about reincarnation is both clear and redundant. Doesn't happen.

Experiential wisdom and selfhood and personality each and all contradict it. No pre-existance but perpetual progress and experiential wisdom by each mortal being. The myth of reincarnation has a historical source in universe reality in the fact and function of morontial ascension.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3137

search.php?keywords=reincarnation&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

https://truthbook.com/urantia/faq/are-w ... come-whole

The UB says that much of our confusion lies in our ignorance of the morontia life.  Christians teach a state of perfection is attained simply by dying and being saved before death to enter the eternal bliss of the perfect spirit worlds.  Reincarnation and karma teaches that perfection takes many stages of perfecting and cannot be done or is very rarely achieved in one short human life.  The karma angle brings the requirement of enlightening and perfecting to achieve the heavenly state and abode.  One must have become more and more spiritized to get to heaven.  Sound familiar?

This belief (and it is and was shared by many religions or belief sets through history) appears to have originated in the teachings of the Garden(s) about the morontia adventure and/or the 7 psychic circles prior to fusion and the personal transformation result to be fusion itself.  These beliefs and myths (or many of them anyway) are shared globally due to Andite migrations prior to the era when Buddhism, Taoism, and the other religious hotspots which were blessed by Mel’s missionaries and blossomed about 500-600 years before Michael’s bestowal.

8)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
One theory I can think of is that reincarnation is actually the TA of previous human.

This is a theory that holds interest for me. I have heard it, and thought about it before. As you say, some of the stories are remarkable. But, I do not believe in the theory of reincarnation. After reading The Urantia Book and what's ahead, it is hard to justify belief in it. But I do fnd the stories compelling. And I wonder about rhe TA connection - if there even is one.

Fun to speculate...

PostPosted:  

Paper 94 offers an interesting description of the source and origin of the reincarnation myths.

It seems to me that Stevenson's work is an effort to explain an unexplainable or misunderstood phenomenon (memories/beliefs of former lives) by an illogical and improbable and unprovable source or cause (memories/beliefs of former lives) - the attempt to prove the memories by the very memories one is trying to prove...hmmmmm. The study of false memories is a fascinating field. Implanted and created memories is especially relevant. So is how our memories become selectively edited and reformatted over time by our mind.

One problem with the TA theory of human "memories" of the lives of others is that TA's do not serve the same population or planets by series or repetition but the so called prior life memories seem to be quite locally planetary specific. How many prior life stories include ourselves as aliens?

Those of us who have been given (or sold) our prior life histories by mediumship are a little wary of such "memories" origins and value. I have also been given 3 different spirit-names by 3 different mediums too! Those who promote such phenomena are the primary source OF the phenomena. False memories are even more common than false confessions by those who become convinced by others that they are guilty of things they had no part of whatsoever. 10 eye witnesses to the same event rarely agree on what happened. How is that?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... e-memories

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-a- ... ry-2795193

109:4.6 (1199.1) In a sense the Adjusters may be fostering a certain degree of planetary cross-fertilization in the domains of truth, beauty, and goodness. But they are seldom given two indwelling experiences on the same planet; there is no Adjuster now serving on Urantia who has been on this world previously. I know whereof I speak since we have their numbers and records in the archives of Uversa.

110:6.5 (1209.5) The Adjusters are always near you and of you, but rarely can they speak directly, as another being, to you. Circle by circle your intellectual decisions, moral choosings, and spiritual development add to the ability of the Adjuster to function in your mind; circle by circle you thereby ascend from the lower stages of Adjuster association and mind attunement, so that the Adjuster is increasingly enabled to register his picturizations of destiny with augmenting vividness and conviction upon the evolving consciousness of this God-seeking mind-soul.

8)

The scientific method has demonstrated the source of alleged previous-lives-memories and the Urantia Papers, as the claimed Epochal Revelation of fact, knowledge, and truth of universe realities, concurs and substantiates the findings of many of the conclusions of the scientific method and supports the method unequivocally in its eventual results (which is not to say that all modern theories are supported by the UB by any means – for example the Big Bang and the single Darwinian thread of species and human evolution and the mechanistic and accidental universe are all totally false theories presented by the scientific method and which will all be eventually discredited and disproven by the method too!).

False memories have a very clear and obvious source. So does the belief in reincarnation. That belief combined with false memories result in a great faith that is independent of the validity or falsehood of the belief itself. All faith is good in its results no matter how primitive, superstitious, or fictional the founding beliefs may be which lead to and result in faith and religious experience. So the belief in magic and luck and reincarnation and mediumship and any and all such primitivisms are or may be positive in their effects and results. And so should the scientific method likewise deliver evidence of God and universe realities…and so it does….to those who can see and hear anyway!! Just because science claims something does not make it true. Just because belief claims something does not make it true either!!

The good news is reality does not require nor depend upon scientific claims or personal beliefs!! And neither does faith and personal spiritual progress or soul birth or personal survival from this world to the next!! False beliefs are but temporary obstacles to the experience of universe realities to come. God’s love does not depend upon one’s knowledge or beliefs. That is the good news of the Papers to our world.

PostPosted:  

Hi U-A,

You wrote:

Quote:
There is one thing that bugs me. It is about the disagreement of UB and reincarnation. I know that it is very logical that we don't go in cycle forever, but progressing towards the Paradise. Otherwise, life will be futile.

However, if you google about the stories and proofs of reincarnation, we can find some of them that are so convincing it is very hard to dismiss. Ian Stevenson's work is a good start for the research."

When I encountered the revelation of the morontia worlds of progressive attainment it seemed to put to rest for me the question of reincarnation being a universe reality. Partial and incomplete knowledge can muddy the waters. But I recently encountered this:

112:5.6 (1233.3) Though the cosmic circles of personality growth must eventually be attained, if, through no fault of your own, the accidents of time and the handicaps of material existence prevent your mastering these levels on your native planet, if your intentions and desires are of survival value, there are issued the decrees of probation extension. You will be afforded additional time in which to prove yourself.

112:5.7 (1233.3) If ever there is doubt as to the advisability of advancing a human identity to the mansion worlds, the universe governments invariably rule in the personal interests of that individual; they unhesitatingly advance such a soul to the status of a transitional being, while they continue their observations of the emerging morontia intent and spiritual purpose. Thus divine justice is certain of achievement, and divine mercy is accorded further opportunity for extending its ministry.

Not “reincarnation”, with all its many cultural and religious origins, but “decrees of probation extension” and “transitional being”. Does this suggest an answer for those attached to the idea of reincarnation?