Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:12 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
katroofjebus wrote:
Makalu wrote:
the way i read the paragraph the 1,316 associates translated along with Adam and Eve would comprise both the sleeping survivors and the living candidates...so not a lot of living candidates. correct me if i'm reading it wrongly....

The reference says nothing about living people except in the last sentence which is referring to the roll calls at the beginning of the Adamic Dispensation and end of the Planetary Prince Dispensation. I believe the living at that time would have been the faithful members of the Prince's staff along with their associates, (Van and like people). I'm unable to find who the 1,316 associates of Adam and Eve in the first garden were, but there were plenty of evolutionary creatures who voluntarily served in the garden, as well as the Amadonites and some northern Nodites, all who were mortal and died.

(759.6) 67:6.3 These Amadonites were derived from the group of 144 loyal Andonites to which Amadon belonged, and who have become known by his name. This group comprised thirty-nine men and one hundred and five women. Fifty-six of this number were of immortality status, and all (except Amadon) were translated along with the loyal members of the staff. The remainder of this noble band continued on earth to the end of their mortal days under the leadership of Van and Amadon. They were the biologic leaven which multiplied and continued to furnish leadership for the world down through the long dark ages of the postrebellion era.

The loyal staff was long gone....except for 2 I think...Amadon and Van. Evidently they did not survive mortality by the Tree of Life. Their leaven was the same ad the Nodites...a few centuries at best of active breeding.

well the reference says "the special roll call of the distinguished survivors of the Adamic default" which could be living (survivors) or could mean those who qualify for surviving death and certainly not referring to the roll call at the beginning of the adamic dispensation before the default.

just fyi van and amadon were translated along with the melchizedeks about seven years after adams arrival...as part of assuming full responsibility for world affairs.

Last edited by Makalu on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks....yes, I know. The issue I had hoped to raise was when did the other loyal staff depart Urantia...and how. By mortal death I think. You?

PostPosted:  

oh ok i see. yeah i dunno if they died "naturally" like the rebel staff or were sustained like van and amadon and left with them...or maybe they did the norm for the staff when its administration is over and voluntarily offer up their mortal bodies for translation. anyway, it would have been prior to the adamic default.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
SEla_Kelly wrote:
I believe that in the Ages of Life and Light, and at places such as "Morontial Temple", the Authors have indicated how when a human individual has completed his service to his world, achieved finality of perfection, these individuals will become actually "subsumed" or "enraptured" by the spiritual flame in order to leave future individuated destinies behind on Urantia, for other human individuals, and to begin the path of morontial progress.

When people cite the Book of John's Revelation, "as rapture", there is also the rational thought that accompanies this: it is called "the rapture" only by people who believe that "the kingdom of heaven is within themselves, their minds". They read his Revelation, and become spiritually enraptured, sharing the life that John Zebedee experienced in the life of the Supreme Being as a human individual, a mortal ascender. This why I think "Rapture" really describes the experiences of the "Son of Man", or Enoch, becoming the most important concept when you discuss the "exchange of nature, from being constituted into a human tabernacle, to that of a being constituted in will." That type of realisation is a precondition of Rapture, but rapture is not bound to Cristian texts solely. For instance, the Book of Enoch is part of the Bible in the Egyptian Orthodox Christian Church, but not of the Protestant or Roman Catholic Christian Church, not included in the Vulgate but included in the Piby.

Actually Stephen the UB does not teach that translation OR fusion, either one, comes to those who have "achieved finality of perfection". Text PLEASE!!!! Fusion is not perfection but barely the beginning of our long journey of perfecting, which does NOT result in mortal perfection. Have you read the book Stephen?

Also, we begin the morontial adventure by the birth of soul which is morontial mind and existence in the material life.

Also...all the fundamentalists I have ever met, and that's a lot, being born and raised among them and trained for their pulpit, believe the rapture is related to the material kingdom of God and Heaven on Earth, much like the Apostles believed.

And Enoch is not and was not the Son of Man...a title reserved for Michael as the incarnated mortal born Jesus. Text please!!!!

So many falsifications of the Revelation in each post. Truly amazing. Can it really be accidental and mere carelessness or ignorance???!!! I wonder....

:roll:

You can't hide Stephen.....

PostPosted:  

it's off topic but some might find it interesting...regarding this:
Quote:
These offspring of Adam and Eve are now on Edentia; we do not know what disposition is to be made of them..

and this:
Quote:
Once Adam and Eve's children arrive on Edentia, the Life Carriers can restore them to their normal life forms.

is this:
Quote:
55:7.3 (632.2) When such an era is attained on your world, no doubt Machiventa Melchizedek, now the vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, will occupy the seat of the Planetary Sovereign; and it has long been conjectured on Jerusem that he will be accompanied by a son and daughter of the Urantia Adam and Eve who are now held on Edentia as wards of the Most Highs of Norlatiadek. These children of Adam might so serve on Urantia in association with the Melchizedek-Sovereign since they were deprived of procreative powers almost 37,000 years ago at the time they gave up their material bodies on Urantia in preparation for transit to Edentia.

PostPosted:  

So many cultural/religious myths and fables have their origin, as we know, by way of Dalamatia, the Garden, and Mel's missionaries. Reincarnation has its origins in the 500+ incarnations of mortals in our spiritizing progressions from material to spirit form. I believe elves and the wee folk and lots of mythical beings come from the rebel midwayers mischief. The Mother mythologies so common to the world come by Eve's story. The "fall of man" comes from the Garden tragedy. The god-men of legend come by way of the Nodites and by Van and Amadon's adventures and the Adamites of old.

I think the rapture myth comes directly from the teachings of light and life and the planetary Morontia Temple and the sea of glass on all the departure spheres from the Mansion Worlds to the Local Universe Capital! There are those left behind in every case. The planet of origin translation itself is beautiful but also sudden and powerful!! John even used the phrase sea of glass in his revelation from whence the Christian rapture itself originates. The tradition of rapture includes the dispensational event of the sleeping survivors going to the Mansion Worlds....living and dead believers. Another Christian source of such beliefs. And also from the Garden times.

So....upon reflection and further study....I think the answer is YES, the rapture is in the UB....just not the way the Christians teach it!

8)

PostPosted:  

Once again the fear factor "not considered righteous enough for the rapture".

PostPosted:  

. Wikipedea's definition:

Quote:
The rapture is an eschatological concept of certain Christians, particularly within branches of American evangelicalism, consisting of an end time event when all Christian believers who are alive will rise along with the resurrected dead believers into Heaven and join Christ. This is a theory that grew out of the translations of the Bible that John Nelson Darby edited to fit his doctrines, which was promulgated by the cult followers of Darbyism, which is a doctrine that has been deemed heretical by most of mainstream Christians. Some adherents believe this event is predicted and described in Paul's First Epistle to the Thessalonians in the Bible, where he uses the Greek harpazo (ἁρπάζω), meaning to snatch away or seize. Though it has been used differently in the past, the term is now often used by certain believers to distinguish this particular event from the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to Earth mentioned in Second Thessalonians, Gospel of Matthew, First Corinthians, and Revelation, usually viewing it as preceding the Second Coming and followed by a thousand year millennial kingdom. Adherents of this perspective are sometimes referred to as premillenial dispensationalists, but amongst them there are differing viewpoints about the exact timing of the event.

Source/much more:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

PostPosted:  

I think the rapture is referred to in the following UB reference:

Quote:
55:1.6 (622.6) On presettled worlds, planets without morontia temples, these fusion flashes many times occur in the planetary atmosphere, where the material body of a translation candidate is elevated by the midway creatures and the physical controllers.

And here is one Bible quote that fundamentalists use to support the doctrine of the rapture:

Quote:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

Personally I think the Biblical rapture is fusion in the atmosphere.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
I think the rapture is referred to in the following UB reference:

Quote:
55:1.6 (622.6) On presettled worlds, planets without morontia temples, these fusion flashes many times occur in the planetary atmosphere, where the material body of a translation candidate is elevated by the midway creatures and the physical controllers.

And here is one Bible quote that fundamentalists use to support the doctrine of the rapture:

Quote:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

Personally I think the Biblical rapture is fusion in the atmosphere.

I appreciate your agreement and confirmation!! Pity you are missing half the conversation here by blocking posters and content and conversation.....sigh... :wink:

fanofVan wrote:
So many cultural/religious myths and fables have their origin, as we know, by way of Dalamatia, the Garden, and Mel's missionaries. Reincarnation has its origins in the 500+ incarnations of mortals in our spiritizing progressions from material to spirit form. I believe elves and the wee folk and lots of mythical beings come from the rebel midwayers mischief. The Mother mythologies so common to the world come by Eve's story. The "fall of man" comes from the Garden tragedy. The god-men of legend come by way of the Nodites and by Van and Amadon's adventures and the Adamites of old.

I think the rapture myth comes directly from the teachings of light and life and the planetary Morontia Temple and the sea of glass on all the departure spheres from the Mansion Worlds to the Local Universe Capital! There are those left behind in every case. The planet of origin translation itself is beautiful but also sudden and powerful!! John even used the phrase sea of glass in his revelation from whence the Christian rapture itself originates. The tradition of rapture includes the dispensational event of the sleeping survivors going to the Mansion Worlds....living and dead believers. Another Christian source of such beliefs. And also from the Garden times.

So....upon reflection and further study....I think the answer is YES, the rapture is in the UB....just not the way the Christians teach it!

8)