Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
No I think the question is not "yes", but you looked this week at G20 Summit, and what do you hear in America about policy recommendation, the prudent approach towards environmental stewardship from reporters or leaders? Did you hear the story about how each family can learn to grow more produce and consume less plastics? There is another issue, through the media, people are being intimidated, distracted, and excused from wantonness and excessive consumer habits, ever since George Bush Jr. sorry told Americans that the best thing to help America after 9 11 is "to shop". This is a wing of American Policy, "to suppress" and "assuage" the public from what Its Corporations are doing to Urantia.

Irrelevant....and political opinion. Did I mention irrelevant?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Right I cannot even express this opinion because I am being suppressed by Bradley. The G20 Summit was purposed to call World Leaders to discuss Climate Change. That is what such a meeting should be about. Even Kim Un, a representative from a state forced to sustain itself via its own means, being distracted and misled by "demand for Aide", the false and wasteful economic stimulus packages. How do we "support the economy" is very important; we cannot keep asking for handouts from China and Africa, and I give far more creedance to "handymen" who work with the salvaged items that others throw away, than you Brother Bradley.

Still, I would like to pick up the paper to read the news about how landloss is being solved, how more fruit per acre is being achieved, and have journalists translate those exact methods to subscribers. How are the ploughshares and pruning hooks distributed into the hands of young students. But did I hear anything about that this week? Not from any papers or television broadcasts, no Sir.

Really, even if people "say they want to help the planet", but there is so much stagnance, so much media suggestion that goes against the grain of human responsibilities. Even if you fed up, and do not allow yourself to keep buying imported food from Nebraska and other States, but you are probably too afraid to make the real and lasting changes to your own estate and your own environment.

People say that climate change is not real that there is no singular event that affirms its actuality of scientific fact. But to me, the rains that caused the Flood of Cedar Rapids IO June 2008, is significant enough of itself, and well if you do not accept the Paradise (CA) Fire, in itself having a measurable impact, a "gamechanger" for the flow of the Jetstream, well then you have been imprinted psychologically with fearful imagery and not brave enough yet to employ the better methods of maintenance and preservation, as a settler in the Age of Life, that real farmers try to share with the community but are being suppressed, or but their better methods are not properly identified and remain unnoticed by society.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Right I cannot even express this opinion because I am being suppressed by Bradley. The G20 Summit was purposed to call World Leaders to discuss Climate Change. That is what such a meeting should be about. Even Kim Un, a representative from a state forced to sustain itself via its own means, being distracted and misled by "demand for Aide", the false and wasteful economic stimulus packages. How do we "support the economy" is very important; we cannot keep asking for handouts from China and Africa, and I give far more creedance to "handymen" who work with the salvaged items that others throw away, than you Brother Bradley.

Still, I would like to pick up the paper to read the news about how landloss is being solved, how more fruit per acre is being achieved, and have journalists translate those exact methods to subscribers. How are the ploughshares and pruning hooks distributed into the hands of young students. But did I hear anything about that this week? Not from any papers or television broadcasts, no Sir.

Really, even if people "say they want to help the planet", but there is so much stagnance, so much media suggestion that goes against the grain of human responsibilities. Even if you fed up, and do not allow yourself to keep buying imported food from Nebraska and other States, but you are probably too afraid to make the real and lasting changes to your own estate and your own environment.

People say that climate change is not real that there is no singular event that affirms its actuality of scientific fact. But to me, the rains that caused the Flood of Cedar Rapids IO June 2008, is significant enough of itself, and well if you do not accept the Paradise (CA) Fire, in itself having a measurable impact, a "gamechanger" for the flow of the Jetstream, well then you have been imprinted psychologically with fearful imagery and not brave enough yet to employ the better methods of maintenance and preservation, as a settler in the Age of Life, that real farmers try to share with the community but are being suppressed, or but their better methods are not properly identified and remain unnoticed by society.

You're obviously not being "suppressed"...but still political and irrelevant.

PostPosted:  

It is irrelevent that the G20 is purposed for discussion of Climate Change, but I heard no news or actual discussion about it this whole week?? Zero success stories? Zero actual policy recommendations for environmental stewardship in the media? It is irrelevent that a discussion meant for amending our habits towards that of a less consumptive lifestyle, and a more prudent one, a more "sustaining" and "preserving" lifestyle? If nations do not accept responsibility, well this is like Jesus in UB 153 finally fed up with those Pharisees and declared "if you are not for me now, then you will be against me." If a nation is not for renewable resources and the true mercantilist policy of wealth, then it is against Urantia. If the News Media Agency does not "Adhere to the Purpose" of the event, does not maintain the narrative from the originator's intent, then they go against environmental policy, and the actual great experts of the UN Health Agency, such as Stephanie Seneff, forced to plea to a government that has "tuned out her channel of information", when in fact she is the one (one of the ones) who make the most best recommendations for good environmental policies in America.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

More politics and policies...blah, blah, blah. I disagree with your politics. You disagree with mine. All irrelevant and in violation of the Guidelines.

PostPosted:  

The topic is "Is There Environmentalism in The Urantia Book?"

Bringing in environmentalism (or lack of) in the G20 meetings is off the topic.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Back to the topic....

Sounds like every reader here agrees that environmental stewardship is keenly important. And all or most agree that poor stewardship and social priorities since industrialization have resulted in some harsh realities...in addition to and regardless of any climate change. Otherwise we quibble over some side issues like causes and effects and solutions.

But the answer to the original question remains an unequivocal "Yes!"

That is a good generalization of the thread. The only other thing I'd add in terms of disagreements is the sense of urgency or exactly how high a priority it should be.

But that's correct, it's a clear yes.

PostPosted:  

William S. wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
Back to the topic....

Sounds like every reader here agrees that environmental stewardship is keenly important. And all or most agree that poor stewardship and social priorities since industrialization have resulted in some harsh realities...in addition to and regardless of any climate change. Otherwise we quibble over some side issues like causes and effects and solutions.

But the answer to the original question remains an unequivocal "Yes!"

That is a good generalization of the thread. The only other thing I'd add in terms of disagreements is the sense of urgency or exactly how high a priority it should be.

But that's correct, it's a clear yes.

History demonstrates that sometimes urgency is an effective tool and aid (or goad and whip) to spur reprioritization and response and inventiveness. The UB teaches that primitive humans do little thinking until hunger or danger motivates us to act. They also say modern people are just emerging from our primitive times.

The wisdom of foresight comes slowly I think but does come eventually. Until then urgency and reaction and overreaction and underreaction will lead to this greater wisdom.

I think urgency is relative but generally increasing. If you live on a submerging island, its very urgent. If you live on a Florida urban waterway and can no longer get your boat under the bridge into the bay, its urgent. If every year planting time is later due to floods or water prices go up every year due to drought, it is becoming more urgent. If you're a polar bear its already desperate!!

It will become as urgent as it actually is I think...over time and based on the suffering it causes. Potentially it could unite humanity in common cause. Or it could lead to cataclysmic events and results. In either case, the UB teaches we must abandon all anxiety and fear in favor of trust and faith in the loving Deities that rule the worlds and universes of time.

:wink: :biggrin: 8)

PostPosted:  

It is written in the Revelation that we are currently experiencing an era in which the control of natural forces is making its appearance leading to "final subduing of the planet". Reference:

52:3.6 The result of the gift of the Adamic life plasm to the mortal races is an immediate upstepping of intellectual capacity and an acceleration of spiritual progress. There is usually some physical improvement also. On an average world the post-Adamic dispensation is an age of great invention, energy control, and mechanical development. This is the era of the appearance of multiform manufacture and the control of natural forces; it is the golden age of exploration and the final subduing of the planet. Much of the material progress of a world occurs during this time of the inauguration of the development of the physical sciences, just such an epoch as Urantia is now experiencing. Your world is a full dispensation and more behind the average planetary schedule.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
It is written in the Revelation that we are currently experiencing an era in which the control of natural forces is making its appearance leading to "final subduing of the planet". Reference:

52:3.6 The result of the gift of the Adamic life plasm to the mortal races is an immediate upstepping of intellectual capacity and an acceleration of spiritual progress. There is usually some physical improvement also. On an average world the post-Adamic dispensation is an age of great invention, energy control, and mechanical development. This is the era of the appearance of multiform manufacture and the control of natural forces; it is the golden age of exploration and the final subduing of the planet. Much of the material progress of a world occurs during this time of the inauguration of the development of the physical sciences, just such an epoch as Urantia is now experiencing. Your world is a full dispensation and more behind the average planetary schedule.

Yes, although note that our world is quite a bit behind schedule as compared to "average" worlds. Here is another hopeful passage about our eventual ability to control the physical forces of our planet.

Quote:
118:10.14 Man's increasing control—the gradual accumulation of the knowledge of the laws of the material world, the purposes of spiritual existence, and the possibilities of the philosophic co- ordination of these two realities. Man, the savage, was helpless before the onslaughts of natural forces, was slavish before the cruel mastery of his own inner fears. Semicivilized man is beginning to unlock the storehouse of the secrets of the natural realms, and his science is slowly but effectively destroying his superstitions while at the same time providing a new and enlarged factual basis for the comprehension of the meanings of philosophy and the values of true spiritual experience. Man, the civilized, will someday achieve relative mastery of the physical forces of his planet; the love of God in his heart will be effectively outpoured as love for his fellow men, while the values of human existence will be nearing the limits of mortal capacity.

So there is hope, in the long run. However, I believe even these potentials are significantly aided by, and perhaps dependent upon, our willingness to be good stewards of our planet right now.

PostPosted:  

But katroof, if we are a full dispensation behind other worlds, well this is a greater setback when it comes to motivating nations to generate their own food and resources, especially to increase the amount of arable mass of each land. That is the era we must face. But the standards of consumerism do not promote environmentalism, until one attempts to produce, to have one's community produce, those goods which are used most commonly. Why import textiles, when cotton can be grown and uniforms knitted in your home state. Bradley says that environmental goals could unite humanity in a common cause, but I say should. Jay Baldwin is not around to explain it anymore, but he had a good long run and we need to remember the emphasis he placed on agroforestry. Representatives should know better to repair floodwalls, than to promote peace without stewardship of the land. You won't notice it if the quality of gasoline only declines 1% with synthetic additives every year. When people in their apartments are looking at the space that they need, this is a question of how you maximize the light distribution in your living spaces and greenhouses, and battery storage of the sunlight that you collect. But it comes down to financial issues, and well if you see that tariffs increasing against nations that lead the charge towards conservative values, you have to push your own nation to produce the components we will miss out on. Ultimately tariffs do not teach nations to produce for themselves, and people must be encouraged to take back the local perennials that were established during the beginning of the colonial era. That is where good horticulture helped mankind to prosper, and there are not too much better species than that nowadays. Civilization is always forged in miniature: you have to look at your children as the beginning of a new civilization, and hope to God that they do better than we have so far.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But katroof, if we are a full dispensation behind other worlds, well this is a greater setback when it comes to motivating nations to generate their own food and resources, especially to increase the amount of arable mass of each land. That is the era we must face. But the standards of consumerism do not promote environmentalism, until one attempts to produce, to have one's community produce, those goods which are used most commonly. Why import textiles, when cotton can be grown and uniforms knitted in your home state. Bradley says that environmental goals could unite humanity in a common cause, but I say should. Jay Baldwin is not around to explain it anymore, but he had a good long run and we need to remember the emphasis he placed on agroforestry. Representatives should know better to repair floodwalls, than to promote peace without stewardship of the land. You won't notice it if the quality of gasoline only declines 1% with synthetic additives every year. When people in their apartments are looking at the space that they need, this is a question of how you maximize the light distribution in your living spaces and greenhouses, and battery storage of the sunlight that you collect. But it comes down to financial issues, and well if you see that tariffs increasing against nations that lead the charge towards conservative values, you have to push your own nation to produce the components we will miss out on. Ultimately tariffs do not teach nations to produce for themselves, and people must be encouraged to take back the local perennials that were established during the beginning of the colonial era. That is where good horticulture helped mankind to prosper, and there are not too much better species than that nowadays. Civilization is always forged in miniature: you have to look at your children as the beginning of a new civilization, and hope to God that they do better than we have so far.

maryjo606 wrote:
The topic is "Is There Environmentalism in The Urantia Book?"

Bringing in environmentalism (or lack of) in the G20 meetings is off the topic.

Still does Stephen persist in presenting his personally convoluted political beliefs about forestry, floodwalls, interior light distribution, imports, tarriffs, gasoline additives, and perrenial plants from the colonial period, ad nauseam, etc.

Please convince him his political views are irrelevant, unwelcome, an imposition, impolite, and a distraction from the UB and the topic. Or since you cannot seem to so convince or educate him, perhaps total deletions of his posts might be considered?

Good Grief. =; :-# :-$ 8)

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But katroof, if we are a full dispensation behind other worlds, well this is a greater setback when it comes to motivating nations to generate their own food and resources, especially to increase the amount of arable mass of each land. That is the era we must face.

I agree that the land–man ratio will become the most important issue we face on this planet, which is why population and people problems must be solved in addition to controlling the natural forces of the planet. We will never escape from the problems that arise from utilizing the land.

(769.6) 68:6.1 Man is a creature of the soil, a child of nature; no matter how earnestly he may try to escape from the land, in the last reckoning he is certain to fail. “Dust you are and to dust shall you return” is literally true of all mankind. The basic struggle of man was, and is, and ever shall be, for land. The first social associations of primitive human beings were for the purpose of winning these land struggles. The land-man ratio underlies all social civilization.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10