Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:38 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I understand you believe that the Holy Spirit first contacts mortal mind only upon the choice(s) made which gives birth to soul.

Yes. The Holy Spirit is soul intelligence. Where else would a person have soul intelligence except in the soul? Do you think the Holy Spirit provides adjutant intelligence? Answer me that. Please read the reference:

(1108.1) 101:3.2   Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

fanofVan wrote:
While I find the evidence you have posted to be very interesting regarding your belief,

I don't think it's a belief, I think it's a fact. Please read this:

(1187.1) 108:2.2 The Adjusters cannot invade the mortal mind until it has been duly prepared by the indwelling ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits and encircuited in the Holy Spirit. And it requires the co-ordinate function of all seven adjutants to thus qualify the human mind for the reception of an Adjuster. Creature mind must exhibit the worship outreach and indicate wisdom function by exhibiting the ability to choose between the emerging values of good and evil — moral choice.

No moral choice, no Holy Spirit, no soul, no Adjuster. What you're trying to tell me is that the Holy Spirit has no connection to the soul, yet the Holy Spirit provides soul intelligence. How does that happen exactly? And why is moral choice included in the description of prep work needed before the Thought Adjuster can invade the mind if it's not to give the signal to Universal Mother Spirit to send the Holy Spirit? Answer me that.

fanofVan wrote:
We are told that revelatory spirit relationship arrives in children at a young age with the arrival of TA and Spirit of Truth concurrently with the birth of soul.

Sorry, you forgot the Holy Spirit, yet again. The Thought Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth cannot come at all without preparation by the Holy Spirit, soul intelligence. It's just not possible. The seventh psychic/cosmic circle in children today includes the ministries of the Holy Spirit as well as the Thought Adjuster and Spirit of Truth. Please read this reference which includes all three spirit influences in the mortal soul-mind.

(1210.8 ) 110:6.13 The seventh circle. This level is entered when human beings develop the powers of personal choice, individual decision, moral responsibility, and the capacity for the attainment of spiritual individuality. This signifies the united function of the seven adjutant mind-spirits under the direction of the spirit of wisdom, the encircuitment of the mortal creature in the influence of the Holy Spirit, and, on Urantia, the first functioning of the Spirit of Truth, together with the reception of a Thought Adjuster in the mortal mind. Entrance upon the seventh circle constitutes a mortal creature a truly potential citizen of the local universe.

fanofVan wrote:
There is already a topic and discussion about the Holy Spirit's arrival timing and ministry. I look forward to following along and learning more about it....over there.

It appears to be applicable here because you have declared that babies are born encircuited by the Holy Spirit, which means babies are born with soul intelligence and since the Holy Spirit only comes with moral choosing, babies are automatically in the seventh psychic circle and are morally responsible bona fide human personalities. I think you should correct that mistake because it is not consistent with the Revelation. If babies are born with soul intelligence then they are born with souls and your claim is no different than those who claim pre-existence of the soul. So I think it's vitally linked to this discussion. Vitally. This is what you said:

fanofVan wrote:
Will it be the material life and lower 5 adjutants life of the animal nature of our evolutionary origins? Or will it be spiritual life and higher adjutants and the Holy Spirit endowments of the spirit nature of our evolutionary origins? For we are born with both. We originate with both natures.

You clearly state that we are born with two kinds of "life", which you described as mind ministry rather than life for some reason. But that aside, the two types of mind you claim we are born with are:
1. A set of 5 adjutants
2. A pair of higher adjutants and the Holy Spirit

By your description we are born with a full set of seven adjutants and the Holy Spirit, which means we're born in the seventh psychic circle, and on this planet, that situation comes with an Adjuster.

Clearly you must see the absurdity of such a claim? Don't you? Even if you deny the presence of the Holy Spirit indicates the presence of a soul, the seventh circle description is pretty clear in the fact that all that is required for the Adjuster is seven adjutants and the Holy Spirit, who comes in response to moral choice. So you're saying babies are born with souls. You just have to fix that, you really do.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

It is most unfortunate you choose to be so disagreeable and to misconstrue and misrepresent my words. I have not said babies have souls. Please don't put words in my mouth so you have something to dispute...how very disengenuous. I said we are born with a dual nature...as does the UB also say.

Please plead your case about the Holy Spirit elsewhere. Thank you.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I can only ask you to consider if the gift of the Holy Spirit is present in all living beings on a world, as a supermind endowment inherently existing throughout Urantian Life History, and preternatural even to this set of supermind "sponsorship" of the sixth and seventh adjutant from the Divine Minister.

First of all it's the other way around. The sixth and seventh adjutants "sponsor" the arrival of the Holy Spirit supermind. Those two adjutants are responsible for urging the mind to discover Deity, which is initially the Holy Spirit. That's why they have to be functioning prior to the arrival of the Holy Spirit. The mind must exhibit Deity craving and be willing to work in the direction of finding Deity. In essence, this is the foundation for evolutionary religion, the reflex response to the budding awareness of the supernatural, or supermaterial realm of reality.

Secondly, The Holy Spirit is NOT present "in all living beings on a world", if you are including animals. You are again confusing the role of the Divine Spirit and Holy Spirit. The Divine Spirit is present in not only all living beings, but all living things on a world through her gift of life and her ministry of mind. She ministers to animals as adjutant mind (1-5) and to plants with the Physical Controllers. The supermind is ONLY part of the soul and ONLY bona fide human beings have souls.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I contend that the life in the Holy Spirit merely "awakens", being a preexisting spirit reality of a human individual.

That's a pleasant thought but there is nothing at all in the Revelation that suggests the Holy Spirit sleeps or lies dormant. The Holy Spirit is an active personal spirit circuit of the Divine Mother that hovers over her creations, always alive and ready to engage any personality who has displayed the ability to reach out for Deity and act upon it wisely. Animals do not have personality, they are not aware of Deity nor do they have wisdom.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
And so the supermind endowment of the Third Source & Center's circuit preexists the arrival of Thought Adjusters for the human individual.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is a prerequisite for the coming of the Thought Adjuster, meaning it comes before the Thought Adjuster. In our case they both come essentially together, with imperceivable time elapsing between their arrivals

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The Holy Spirit contains the eventuational possibility for man to exist on any planet.

The Holy Spirit provides the eventual possibility for continuing life off the planet, in other words, on the mansion worlds. The Holy Spirit provides the consciousness for the soul, the on-going life vehicle after death.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
And the ascencion of a human individual represents the total evolution, not of a planet and its life: but rather of a fully mature ascender of Salvington, one who has gained a Diploma to enter Paradise.

Yes if you consider the entire ascension career which takes a very, very long time.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I believe the Urantia Papers teaches me that religious experience involves my personal experience and work with the First Source and Center,

Yes, that's called personal religious experience, and to be more exact, you are actually working with a fragment of the First Source and Center, the Thought Adjuster. You are also working with a down-stepped representative of the Eternal Son, the Spirit of Truth. And, you are also working with a down-stepped representative of the Infinite Spirit, the Holy Spirit. Thought Adjusters, however, are not down-stepped. They are completely unattenuated, actual fragments of God himself.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Then the Thought Adjuster would be responsible for the experiencial psychological development, or "total evolution" for what was once considered out of the collective life of the Holy Spirit, in the reality of true personality, has committed to learning to do the will, which is understood to be the work of the Universal Father.

The Thought Adjuster is responsible for spiritualizing your thinking and changing your mental attitudes so they are more attuned to the Father's will.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
It is most unfortunate you choose to be so disagreeable and to misconstrue and misrepresent my words.

I'm sorry you think I'm being disagreeable. Your words are what they are and you wrote "For we are born with both. We originate with both natures." And you described one nature as, "the material life and lower 5 adjutants life of the animal nature of our evolutionary origins"; and the second nature you describe as the, "higher adjutants and the Holy Spirit endowments of the spirit nature of our evolutionary origins".

Now, I don't see any room at all for misinterpretation of meaning. It's in black and white that we are born, meaning as babies, with two natures, one of which is an animal nature and the other one is a spiritual nature which includes the Holy Spirit. Everyone knows the Holy Spirit is the supermind of the soul, that's a fact. So how is it misconstrued or a misrepresentation to think you're saying babies are born with souls? If you don't believe that to be true, then correct your statement. That's all I'm asking.

fanofVan wrote:
I said we are born with a dual nature...as does the UB also say.

Where does it say that we are born with a dual nature? You'll never find it in the Revelation because it's not there. We are born with one nature, our animal nature, and we acquire a second nature with the birth of the soul, our spiritual nature. Jesus explained that our spiritual nature resides in the soul. You say we are born with a spiritual nature, therefore the only conclusion is to think you believe babies are born with souls.

152:6.4 Jesus taught the appeal to the emotions as the technique of arresting and focusing the intellectual attention. He designated the mind thus aroused and quickened as the gateway to the soul, where there resides that spiritual nature of man which must recognize truth and respond to the spiritual appeal of the gospel in order to afford the permanent results of true character transformations.

Read below that we inherit animal tendencies, which means we are born with an animal mind, or nature. We must acquire our spiritual nature by the ministry of the Spirit. We are not born with an indwelling Spirit so therefore we are not born with two natures as you have written in black and white.

(381.3) 34:6.9 In every mortal there exists a dual nature: the inheritance of animal tendencies and the high urge of spirit endowment. During the short life you live on Urantia, these two diverse and opposing urges can seldom be fully reconciled; they can hardly be harmonized and unified; but throughout your lifetime the combined Spirit ever ministers to assist you in subjecting the flesh more and more to the leading of the Spirit.

And here again, we're told that the animal ego desire of the self is one nature and the altruistic urge of the divine spirit is another nature. Again, we are not born with a divine spirit so we cannot be born with two natures.

(1134.3) 103:5.5 Human happiness is achieved only when the ego desire of the self and the altruistic urge of the higher self (divine spirit) are co-ordinated and reconciled by the unified will of the integrating and supervising personality. The mind of evolutionary man is ever confronted with the intricate problem of refereeing the contest between the natural expansion of emotional impulses and the moral growth of unselfish urges predicated on spiritual insight-genuine religious reflection.

In this next reference the double nature is described again. One is a material nature, the other is a spiritual nature indwelt by a spark of infinity. Babies are not born with spiritual natures nor are they indwelt with a spark of infinity. A spiritual nature requires the development of a morally responsible personality, which is what childhood is all about. You're misleading people by suggesting babies are born with two natures.

(1221:8 )  111:6.1 Many of the temporal troubles of mortal man grow out of his twofold relation to the cosmos. Man is a part of nature—he exists in nature—and yet he is able to transcend nature. Man is finite, but he is indwelt by a spark of infinity. Such a dual situation not only provides the potential for evil but also engenders many social and moral situations fraught with much uncertainty and not a little anxiety.

Here again, in the reference below the dual mind is described as one of human origin and the other of divine origin, a morontia mind. Babies are not born with morontia minds, which is the supermind of the Holy Spirit, or the soul.

(1205.4) 110.2.6  To the extent that this identity is realized, you are mentally approaching the morontia order of existence. Morontia mind is a term signifying the substance and sum total of the co-operating minds of diversely material and spiritual natures. Morontia intellect, therefore, connotes a dual mind in the local universe dominated by one will. And with mortals this is a will, human in origin, which is becoming divine through man’s identification of the human mind with the mindedness of God.

So, as you can clearly see your writing is confusing and misleading. May I suggest a simple edit?

fanofVan wrote:
Please plead your case about the Holy Spirit elsewhere. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not pleading a case. I'm telling you that you're misrepresenting the Revelation by telling people they are born with two natures, one of which includes the Holy Spirit. That's what you do all the time Bradly, correct people when they misrepresent the Revelation. In your own words we are here to study the facts in the revelation. The facts are clear. We are not born with the Holy Spirit which is soul intelligence, nor are we born with a spiritual nature which Jesus calls the soul. I'm telling folks this so they'll know not to trust your words on that, to do their own research, because as you have said, this is all just your opinion. I'm not pleading, I'm doing a public service. You're welcome.

PostPosted:  

So....in the quote you posted, 34:6.9 where it says mortals have a dual nature, tou are claiming it does not say that?

What a bizarre claim!

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
So....in the quote you posted, 34:6.9 where it says mortals have a dual nature, tou are claiming it does not say that?

What a bizarre claim!

Bradly, I have to agree with katroofjebus. We exist with dual nature but we are not born with a dual nature. We are born with the adjutants or animal nature, and the second nature we develop once the higher adjutants engage. Look at the below reference. If you notice, it says nothing about being born with dual natures. It says in mortals there exist a dual nature... The author is referring to when a human is indwelt by TA. Btw..., HS does not indwell us. We are encircuited into it.

Quote:
34:6.9 In every mortal there exists a dual nature: the inheritance of animal tendencies and the high urge of spirit endowment

PostPosted:  

Actually the dual nature should only require personality and connection to 7 adjutants.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

What a bizarre claim!

What I'm saying is that the reference, 34:6.9, states there is a dual nature in every mortal, but it does not state that every mortal is born with a dual nature. There is a distinct difference between the two ideas. There is no evidence at all that mortals are born with a spiritual nature, especially since in the Revelation the spiritual nature is referred to as the soul. (12:8.4; 152:6.4; 155:6.13; 156:53; 165:4.7)

Look again at how the budding dual nature begins to appear along with psychic conflict early in childhood. The references below describe the emergence of the moral nature which gives rise to the birth of the soul. A child's budding moral nature is part of the animal nature because morals are superanimal and subspiritual. The first promptings of this moral nature have to do with kindness and fairness, which are urges from the spirits of worship and wisdom. If the urges are nurtured, the religious life develops gradually and naturally.

(1131.2) 103:2.3 The evolutionary soil in the mind of man in which the seed of revealed religion germinates is the moral nature that so early gives origin to a social consciousness. The first promptings of a child’s moral nature have not to do with sex, guilt, or personal pride, but rather with impulses of justice, fairness, and urges to kindness — helpful ministry to one’s fellows. And when such early moral awakenings are nurtured, there occurs a gradual development of the religious life which is comparatively free from conflicts, upheavals, and crises.

But when the child begins to contemplate fairness and kindness, conflict is inevitable. It's this conflict which causes the outreach to Deity, superhuman help, for a resolution. When acted upon, this is the signal for the coming of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the soul. It's the first experience of God-consciousness, and God-consciousness is not possible without a provider of consciousness, the supermind of the Holy Spirit.

(1131.3) 103:2.4 Every human being very early experiences something of a conflict between his self-seeking and his altruistic impulses, and many times the first experience of God-consciousness may be attained as the result of seeking for superhuman help in the task of resolving such moral conflicts.

Human will, or moral choice must be exercised not only to acquire a soul, or spirit nature, but also for its growth and development. Babies are not born with enough consciousness to allow for this kind of free-will choice to undertake moral exercise. It's only possible to choose from what you're conscious of.

(1131.5) 103:2.6 There may or may not be conflict in the development of religious experience, but there are always present the inevitable decisions, effort, and function of the human will.

And here again is explained that a child must develop sufficiently before acquiring moral capacity, in other words, the ability to make a moral choice and acquire a soul is something that happens after birth. The strong well-unified egoistic nature is the animal nature we are born with which precedes the capacity to acquire a spiritual nature, the soul. (Which incidentally is able to think and be conscious of the Thought Adjuster, and make altruistic choices, because of the Holy Spirit's supermind endowment which is not present in the material egoistic mind.)

(1131.8 ) 103:2.9 But before a child has developed sufficiently to acquire moral capacity and therefore to be able to choose altruistic service, he has already developed a strong and well-unified egoistic nature. And it is this factual situation that gives rise to the theory of the struggle between the “higher” and the “lower” natures, between the “old man of sin” and the

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Actually the dual nature should only require personality and connection to 7 adjutants.

And don't forget the moral choice. That's what brings the Holy Spirit, and for us post-Pentecostal humans, in less than a nanosecond, also the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster.

All of those Spirit influences provide the impetus for the continued evolution of the soul, the spiritual nature.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

And don't forget the moral choice. That's what brings the Holy Spirit, and for us post-Pentecostal humans, in less than a nanosecond, also the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster.

All of those Spirit influences provide the impetus for the continued evolution of the soul, the spiritual nature.

Nope..no soul needed for the dual nature. It is common, i.e. normal for toddlers to know both self interest and altruism. How so? You claim children have no conflicts for resolution. I repeat...how bizarre. We learn right from wrong long before we know right from wrong. The dual nature of humanity is at work from the time of personality and free will choice.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Nope..no soul needed for the dual nature.

Then please describe the make up of both natures in detail along with references. I supplied 5 references which state the spiritual nature is the soul. If the two natures do not involve the soul, then there is no spiritual nature. What two natures are you referring to then? Two kinds of nonspiritual natures? I need details.

fanofVan wrote:
It is common, i.e. normal for toddlers to know both self interest and altruism.

Really? I'm quite certain that it is written in the Revelation that altruistic desires originate in the Thought Adjuster, therefore I'm absolutely sure true altruism requires a soul.

(1131.9) 103:2.10 Man tends to identify the urge to be self-serving with his ego — himself. In contrast he is inclined to identify the will to be altruistic with some influence outside himself — God. And indeed is such a judgment right, for all such nonself desires do actually have their origin in the leadings of the indwelling Thought Adjuster, and this Adjuster is a fragment of God. The impulse of the spirit Monitor is realized in human consciousness as the urge to be altruistic, fellow-creature minded. At least this is the early and fundamental experience of the child mind. When the growing child fails of personality unification, the altruistic drive may become so overdeveloped as to work serious injury to the welfare of the self. A misguided conscience can become responsible for much conflict, worry, sorrow, and no end of human unhappiness.

(1133.6) 103:5.1 The early evolutionary mind gives origin to a feeling of social duty and moral obligation derived chiefly from emotional fear. The more positive urge of social service and the idealism of altruism are derived from the direct impulse of the divine spirit indwelling the human mind.

(1134.1) 103:5.3 All men recognize the morality of this universal human urge to be unselfish and altruistic. The humanist ascribes the origin of this urge to the natural working of the material mind; the religionist more correctly recognizes that the truly unselfish drive of mortal mind is in response to the inner spirit leadings of the Thought Adjuster.

fanofVan wrote:
We learn right from wrong long before we know right from wrong.

And what you're describing there is the work of the spirit of wisdom, a wholly adjutant function. Right and wrong have to do with morality and morality is an adjutant function. Relative right and wrong is entirely human and also known as conscience. This is the role of the lower or animal nature which pre-exists the birth of the soul.

(2096.1) 196:3.25 Morality is the essential pre-existent soil of personal God-consciousness, the personal realization of the Adjuster's inner presence, but such morality is not the source of religious experience and the resultant spiritual insight. The moral nature is superanimal but subspiritual. Morality is equivalent to the recognition of duty, the realization of the existence of right and wrong. The moral zone intervenes between the animal and the human types of mind as morontia functions between the material and the spiritual spheres of personality attainment.

(1005.2) 92:2.6 Conscience is not a divine voice speaking to the human soul. It is merely the sum total of the moral and ethical content of the mores of any current stage of existence; it simply represents the humanly conceived ideal of reaction in any given set of circumstances.

True right and wrong is a soul level function which always involves the Thought Adjuster, and hence a soul. Relative right and wrong, human morality, is a matter of the material, adjutant animal nature and true right and wrong is a matter of the spiritual nature which involves the soul and the Thought Adjuster.

(1192:4) 108:5.9 When it comes to the sharp and well-defined conflicts between the higher and lower tendencies of the races, between what really is right or wrong (not merely what you may call right and wrong), you can depend upon it that the Adjuster will always participate in some definite and active manner in such experiences. The fact that such Adjuster activity may be unconscious to the human partner does not in the least detract from its value and reality.

PostPosted:  

Do you need details? Or a fight? We have a single nature with 5 adjutants and a dual nature with 7. Animals are connected to 5 and humans with 7...2 higher which delivers personality and free will choice and inner conflict for resolution. This is not complicated. Sigh....

As stated, there is already another topic and discussion for this issue. Again, please take your arguments there. The topic introduced here is the effect of religion on human progress through the mortal epochs. We are about to witness the extent of your manners kat....

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Do you need details? Or a fight?

You're impugning my character again Bradley. I'm not here to fight but to discuss religious experience as presented in the Fifth Epochal Revelation.

fanofVan wrote:
We have a single nature with 5 adjutants and a dual nature with 7.

I agree that the material, adjutant nature in humans includes the adjutants, but it's initially 6 not 5. And I agree when all 7 adjutants unitedly function there's a second nature and it's called the soul. It's acquired and not a gift at birth.

fanofVan wrote:
Animals are connected to 5

I agree, but we are not animals, therefore the lower mind has 6 adjutants until the soul is born which overlaps the 7th adjutant, then all seven adjutants are part of the lower mind and the soul is the higher mind.

fanofVan wrote:
and humans with 7...2 higher which delivers personality and free will choice and inner conflict for resolution. This is not complicated. Sigh....

Again, it's the 6th adjutant that separates humans from animals, but there's no mention of personality. Here's the reference:

(402.8 )36:5.11 6. The spirit of worship - the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The spirit of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment. Worship is the badge of spiritual-ascension candidacy.

Moreover, no one knows when personality is "delivered". If you have a reference that spells that out directly please provide it. What we do know, however, is that personality develops its power of choice when all seven adjutants are united. It takes about six years for a child to get there. Meanwhile, the 6th adjutant is working hard to get the child to strive for wisdom and make a moral decision in order to exhibit real personality functioning, to be recognized as a moral being. Here are the references about developing the power of choice and TRUE human personality functioning. It's a level that has to be entered, we're not born with it and it's called the seventh psychic/cosmic circle, the beginning of the premorontia career at the birth of the soul.

(1209.1) 110:6.1 The sum total of personality realization on a material world is contained within the successive conquest of the seven psychic circles of mortal potentiality. Entrance upon the seventh circle marks the beginning of true human personality function. Completion of the first circle denotes the relative maturity of the mortal being. Though the traversal of the seven circles of cosmic growth does not equal fusion with the Adjuster, the mastery of these circles marks the attainment of those steps which are preliminary to Adjuster fusion.

(1210.8 ) 110:6.13 The seventh circle. This level is entered when human beings develop the powers of personal choice, individual decision, moral responsibility, and the capacity for the attainment of spiritual individuality. This signifies the united function of the seven adjutant mind-spirits under the direction of the spirit of wisdom, the encircuitment of the mortal creature in the influence of the Holy Spirit, and, on Urantia, the first functioning of the Spirit of Truth, together with the reception of a Thought Adjuster in the mortal mind. Entrance upon the seventh circle constitutes a mortal creature a truly potential citizen of the local universe.

fanofVan wrote:
As stated, there is already another topic and discussion for this issue. Again, please take your arguments there. The topic introduced here is the effect of religion on human progress through the mortal epochs. We are about to witness the extent of your manners kat....

I think that's rude and offensive.

So you don't think what I'm talking about has anything to do with religion or its evolution? Furthermore, you included the fallacy of being born with two natures in your essay on the subject presumably as a prelude to the concept of conflict which ushers in the birth of personal religion and its evolution. We should start from a good foundation based on the facts, shouldn't we? Incidentally, you always insist that I provide references, which I faithfully do every time you ask. I did not see any references in your last post even though I asked nicely for them.

PostPosted:  

No computer ...phone only. Can't copy and paste or research now. Back tomorrow...

PostPosted:  

Bradly, there's only one more thing I want to say about this. The two minds/natures we humans are blessed with have two separate destinies. The material nature/mind, the one you referred to as animal, dies with the body while the spiritual nature/mind goes on to the mansion worlds. Since none of the adjutants come with us to the mansion worlds, then all seven must belong to the material mind, not just five as you wrote. The soul, the mind encircuited by the Holy Spirit, lives on without any adjutants. So, I advise you to edit your essay to say that humans are born with the potential for two minds/natures. That would solve the entire problem.

I would also suggest that the Holy Spirit be included in your musings about evolutionary religion. We know she plays a role because it is written that the Holy Spirit enlarges man's viewpoint of ethics, religion, and spirituality. And she does this long before epochal revelations. This means that even very primitive men had souls. But did you know that they did not initially have altruism? This tells me that not all the souls of those aboriginal people were indwelt by Adjusters since that is the source of altruism, yet they had all the essentials for religion, the higher adjutants in the lower nature and the Holy Spirit in their higher nature. References:

(1129.1) 103:0.1 All of man's truly religious reactions are sponsored by the early ministry of the adjutant of worship and are censored by the adjutant of wisdom. Man's first supermind endowment is that of personality encircuitment in the Holy Spirit of the Universe Creative Spirit; and long before either the bestowals of the divine Sons or the universal bestowal of the Adjusters, this influence functions to enlarge man's viewpoint of ethics, religion, and spirituality. Subsequent to the bestowals of the Paradise Sons the liberated Spirit of Truth makes mighty contributions to the enlargement of the human capacity to perceive religious truths. As evolution advances on an inhabited world, the Thought Adjusters increasingly participate in the development of the higher types of human religious insight. The Thought Adjuster is the cosmic window through which the finite creature may faith-glimpse the certainties and divinities of limitless Deity, the Universal Father.

THIS NEXT QUOTE IS ABOUT THE ANDONIC CLANS

(714.1) 63:4.3 They were a wonderful tribe. The males would fight heroically for the safety of their mates and their offspring; the females were affectionately devoted to their children. But their patriotism was wholly limited to the immediate clan. They were very loyal to their families; they would die without question in defense of their children, but they were not able to grasp the idea of trying to make the world a better place for their grandchildren. Altruism was as yet unborn in the human heart, notwithstanding that all of the emotions essential to the birth of religion were already present in these Urantia aborigines.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next